What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Uniforms

"we never get any high rated recruits"

"We got that one high rated one a few years ago"

"He was lazy once he got here, he doesn't count"

Nike does fine with the Raiders. You are really dating yourself with that post.

Uhhhhh

Bills%20Raiders%20Football

I don't think the raiders have ever had a silver jersey. However those pants are "silver".

Ya no thanks.

Buffs could definitely use silver as an alternate. Here's a Raiders example:

nike_raiders_1461.jpg

Buffs could definitely use silver as an alternate. Here's a Raiders example:

nike_raiders_1461.jpg

Thats an NFL "Fashion" alternate. I saw silver practice jerseys for training camp and I saw their old school tin foil looking pants, but no jerseys.

EDIT: misread your post. I think they could do just fine with a grey and not try and go metallic with it.

Maybe it's just because it's a raiders jersey, but I just threw up. People would get that slate grey would match the silver colors that are the school colors. I like that idea.

I know people around here aren't Raider fans, but IMO they probably have the best unis in the NFL along with the Bears.

I know people around here aren't Raider fans, but IMO they probably have the best unis in the NFL along with the Bears.

Raiders uniforms are great.

Can't say I like the white helmets, but oh well if it ends up happening.

I don't see it at all. It's all subjective though. I'd say the Browns, Saints, Dolphins, Seahawks, Steelers and Redskins are all better than Raiders' jerseys.

PS
If we end up with Jaguars-style helmets I may quit being a Buffs fan, though.

I don't see it at all. It's all subjective though. I'd say the Browns, Saints, Dolphins, Seahawks, Steelers and Redskins are all better than Raiders' jerseys.

PS

Fact

Are there really people out there who think we need to stay with what we have? How obtuse. We need every edge in recruiting we can get...plus it gets non-die hard fans talking a bit.

Obtuse? Really? There's no middle ground?

Forget that elite programs have maintained traditional uniforms, only modernizing the fit and material.

I understand that Alabama has advantages that supersede their uniforms, and we're talking apples and oranges in that case.

And I've made it clear that I consider discussing what young men wear when they play a violent sport is one of the silliest, misaligned conversations an adult can have. Really, it's sad.

If wearing silly clothes is what we have to do to attract top recruits, then let's just do it. Fine. Whatever gives us the advantage.

But do we have to talk about it?

When a crack whore needs a fix, she gives the blow job, tickles the balls and maybe puts a finger or two in the ass. She does what she needs to do, but I don't think there's this whole embarrassing conversation that typically accompanies the event.

Obtuse, indeed. You're talking about ****ing clothes.

PS

Browns: classic, but brown and orange is such a sad color combination.

Saints: good, not great. CU does black and gold better.

Dolphins: a little cartooney. Teal hasn't been cool in decades. Even the Marlins figured that out.

Seahawks: great helmets, and good color scheme aside from the neon green which will age poorly (see teal). I hate those stupid feathers down the pant legs and the pattern in the numbers, it's a perfect example of where simpler is better, but Nike just can't help themselves and like to add that one more unnecessary flourish.

Steelers: awesome, top 5 for me. The single sided helmet logo is unique and cool.

Redskins: Meh, also racist.

Honorable mention for me are Houston, San Francisco, Denver, Kansas City, and NY Giants.

Honorable mention for me are Houston, San Francisco, Denver, Kansas City, and NY Giants.

I think the Dolphins and Browns both have updated their uniforms very nicely, except I am not on board with the current Dolphin logo.

I love to hate the Texans but agree they look pretty good, and I'd also add Eagles. Others I am not as into, including Denver even though they're my team.

I just think the Raiders are boring and outdated more than just about any other team's. Scratch that...as much as the Falcons, who have always looked like an arena team to me.

I think the Dolphins and Browns both have updated their uniforms very nicely, except I am not on board with the current Dolphin logo.

I love to hate the Texans but agree they look pretty good, and I'd also add Eagles. Others I am not as into, including Denver even though they're my team.

I just think the Raiders are boring and outdated more than just about any other team's. Scratch that...as much as the Falcons, who have always looked like an arena team to me.

The Falcons are bad, and red and black should be an easy color combo to make really awesome. I just think the Raiders silver and black had stood the test of time and still looks bad ass even if the team sucks.

Also I know people like Dallas, but that silvery-blue pant color is weird to me and it shows too much butt sweat. Also, I deduct points since they wear road white jerseys at home.

The Raiders' uniforms are the best in the NFL. Great. NFL players voted them the best also

The Raiders' uniforms are the best in the NFL. Great. NFL players voted them the best also

Holy **** it makes perfect sense that you like theirs the best.

I kind of view both the cowboys and raider unis the same way. Neither does it for me and they are mostly appreciated as being kind of classic. I suppose you could through the Redskins, Giants, Chiefs, and Bills in there too.

Last edited:
For all of the youngins clamoring for new uniforms, I have yet to see a measured acknowledgement that experimenting with new uniforms is probably more likely than not to go horribly wrong (just look at all of the new uniforms in CFB, how many are an actual upgrade), and that given the ****show that CU is and the zero ****s that are given to us nationwide, there is a possibility that Nike is lazy with the process (they aren't putting their top people on it b/c we're not Oregon) and Ken Crawley and the rest of the new uniform committee are simply so excited to have anything new that they approve whatever is presented and we end up with something worse than the tried and true uniforms that we have now. In other words, as bad as we are now, there is risk to be worse.

Last edited:
For all of the youngins clamoring for new uniforms, I have yet to see a measured acknowledgement that experimenting with new uniforms is probably more likely than not to go horribly wrong (just look at all of the new uniforms in CFB, how many are an actual upgrade), and that given the ****show that CU is and the zero ****s that are given to us nationwide, there is a possibility that Nike is lazy with the process (they aren't putting their top people on it b/c we're not Oregon) and Ken Crawley and the rest of the new uniform committee are simply so excited to have anything new that they approve whatever is presented and we end up with something worse than the tried and true uniforms that we have now. In other words, as bad as we are now, there is risk to be worse.

It isn't about the uniforms we have being bad, because they aren't. They are classic and they will always be iconic. However they are associated with being bad to the people in the age group we are recruiting. That is what our problem is. They need to be new for that reason. Now I hope and pray that Nike doesn't screw us with the new design, but I like what they have put into the pac-12 recently so I don't think that should be a huge concern.

It isn't about the uniforms we have being bad, because they aren't. They are classic and they will always be iconic. However they are associated with being bad to the people in the age group we are recruiting. That is what our problem is. They need to be new for that reason. Now I hope and pray that Nike doesn't screw us with the new design, but I like what they have put into the pac-12 recently so I don't think that should be a huge concern.
I think they look bad. Compared to our peers they look cheap, dated, and frankly they just don't do much for me. They looked great in the 90's, but now I think they're bad. I don't think RG will let Nike be lazy with it. Old people are going to hate them, but who gives a damn. If players like them and are involved in the process of continually desiging uniforms like we see across the country they will be well done.

I think they look bad. Compared to our peers they look cheap, dated, and frankly they just don't do much for me. They looked great in the 90's, but now I think they're bad. I don't think RG will let Nike be lazy with it. Old people are going to hate them, but who gives a damn. If players like them and are involved in the process of continually desiging uniforms like we see across the country they will be well done.
That's you talking, after seeing nothing but losing in them (because you're very young). I'm old enough to have seen the NC, I don't know if that makes me "old people." But our uniforms and helmet get consistently praised for being among the best in the nation. You just want a change because you *think* the new unis are going to be awesome (odds are they won't) and because you *think* that we'll get a bump in recruiting because of them (we need to win in whatever we wear).

We need to quit putting ourselves at a competitive disadvantage, and that includes uniforms. Sorry, but I'm a lot closer to that age range and have a younger brother. Kids love the new uniforms and so do recruits.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We need to quit putting ourselves at a competitive disadvantage, and that includes uniforms. Sorry, but I'm a lot closer to that age range and have a younger brother. Kids love the new uniforms and so do recruits.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I get that and that's why I stay mostly quiet on uniforms. They're not about me and my age group. fwiw, it cracks me up when I see all this fluorescent stuff on football uniforms since it reminds me of Wham, Frankie Goes to Hollywood "Relax" t-shirts and the South Beach gay culture explosion in the 80s. I'm expecting leg warmers to be the next uniform fashion trend.

Back