What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Attrition Thread (Now Official): 8 gone (apsay, white, Center)

Wow. Apsay and White both not on the team. Not happy about White at all, figured he would be a huge part for the next two years. And I liked what I saw from Apsay

Wow. Apsay and White both not on the team. Not happy about White at all, figured he would be a huge part for the next two years. And I liked what I saw from Apsay
yea no surprises here. Team has known for over a month. A little shocked at White though.

Many schools use revenue generated by football to fund most of if not their entire AD - so yeah i could come up with a few like Texas, Oklahoma, or Alabama.

Yes, of course they do with excess cash flow. But they do not transfer a scholarship from football to a non-revenue sport. Schools that take football seriously treat their 85 scholarships like gold, they realize they are a precious resource that is not to be purposefully used in a manner that does not directly help the team.

That's really too bad with White. I thought he would be a solid depth guy at Safety that would push for a lot of playing time these next few years.
Yeah. I heard about it a couple weeks ago and was super surprised. Seemed like he always had his head on straight, where as Cade you could kind of see it coming.

Center was a waste of a scholarship. Took a chance on him only due to size.

Apsay was a back-up at best.

White regressed and moved down depth chart (too slow).

Sometimes attrition is a blessing, especially when they are not more than depth guys and you are over the limit. Best of luck to them but if they leave with a black mark on the program, we may be saying other things. Hope it was some stupid **** that isn't national news worthy.

I hope Montez and Webb prove you right. I liked what I saw from Apsay on the field last year and I'm a bit bummed to see him go. I hope he figures out the other issue soon.
I agree, I thought Apsay had potential, and really wasn't all that far behind Sefo. Given he had a lot more runway left than Sefo, I was almost wanting to see Apsay given a shot next year to take the starter job, of course, assuming he was better than Montez, (which we don't know), and then Webb came on board. So, while I am sort of bummed he is leaving, given Webb's arrival, Montez and Noyer getting time to develop, it isn't a tragedy.

I was one of the ones highly critical of giving the coaches son a scholarship and I think talk of taking it from him is silly. There are a lot of young men providing less on the field than him on scholi.

Hey remember when I hinted at Cade maybe leaving, and I caught serious flack for that. Yeah.

Maybe on the team, not a peep on all buffs though.
It was on here and then removed. It has been talked about elsewhere. The PC police on here don't like innuendos and rumors until it is made public by the school. I get it, but message boards are meant for some of this sort of stuff. It was talked about in advance of signing day by many.

Back