What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

So interesting news. I saw an article posted on twitter saying UCLA is moving to more of a pro style offense to fit Rosen. That will be fun to see.

CU offering a JUCO DL gives me the impression Kafovalu and/or Tupou won't be back.... or I'm over thinking it

CU offering a JUCO DL gives me the impression Kafovalu and/or Tupou won't be back.... or I'm over thinking it

I think that Tupou will be back but at best Sampson is questionable. What is the legal system going to do with him? What is the CU discipline system going to do with him? Has he already used up his last chances with the coaches? Will he turn around and have another incident?

We don't have excessive depth at any position including DE. If JL thinks this kid can play then it's worth bringing him in even if they expect Kafovalu back but considering his record having someone else there makes a lot of sense.

I posted the same thing in Barzil. I don't think it is a coincidence that the staff threw out a JUCO offer a couple weeks after suspending Kafovalu.

Pretty big downgrade in revenue though. They sold around 8,000 passes last year right?

Really depends, right? If they sell a lot more passes at the new price and get more fannies in the seats buying hot dogs and nachos, they'll make more than before.

Really depends, right? If they sell a lot more passes at the new price and get more fannies in the seats buying hot dogs and nachos, they'll make more than before.
Yeah but that would mean almost 16,000 sold which is a high number when looking at the CU student body. I'm down for whatever increases attendance obviously just have to make sure you can gain that extra money somewhere else.

Yeah but that would mean almost 16,000 sold which is a high number when looking at the CU student body. I'm down for whatever increases attendance obviously just have to make sure you can gain that extra money somewhere else.
The price didn't get cut in half. It went down about 43%, so they'd have to sell roughly an extra 4,000 to make up for it, if last year's number was 8,000. And that doesn't include extra concessions/beer sales in the gardens.

The price didn't get cut in half. It went down about 43%, so they'd have to sell roughly an extra 4,000 to make up for it, if last year's number was 8,000. And that doesn't include extra concessions/beer sales in the gardens.

Yep. And let's not forget those sales from student attendance at hoops games over around 18 home dates. That can add up in a hurry.

They have already done some things to reach out to recent grads. Might be interesting if they gave each student buying a pass a $25 credit towards ticket purchases after graduation. If they buy the pass for four years they get a bonus $50 for a total of $150 in future credits. Might be another step in turning student fans into graduate fans and later donors.

I don't know if I'm doing the math right but I believe he would have to sell an extra 6,000 student passes to get back to the same revenue numbers (without concessions). That is a big number that likely will not be hit. Once again not against the change, just saying that is a substantial amount of revenue.

As I posted on Rivals, the big thing for me as a fan is that college sports are 100x more fun to attend when there's a large and loud student section. This makes a ticket more valuable to me.

I don't know if I'm doing the math right but I believe he would have to sell an extra 6,000 student passes to get back to the same revenue numbers (without concessions). That is a big number that likely will not be hit. Once again not against the change, just saying that is a substantial amount of revenue.
Yeah I did my math wrong. I still think it's worth the risk of not selling that many more in the big picture.

As I posted on Rivals, the big thing for me as a fan is that college sports are 100x more fun to attend when there's a large and loud student section. This makes a ticket more valuable to me.

If they can get them in the stadium or the events center as students they have a much better chance of turning them into paying fans and donors in the future.

Last year many of my friends didn't get sports passes because they were too expensive. I get that they are cheap compared to non-student season tickets, but the problem is that these are students who wouldn't buy season tickets after they graduate anyway. This is an important step in getting less die-hard sports fan students to attend the games.

Getting that number down to double digits (before taxes and fees) is a lot easier pill to swallow for students. This is a great move, and a new level of student outreach from RG. Good to see.

Getting that number down to double digits (before taxes and fees) is a lot easier pill to swallow for students. This is a great move, and a new level of student outreach from RG. Good to see.
Exactly! Now, if only the university was smart enough to start a pedi cab business to raise money and get the students to the game on time.

Back