What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Junior Day

This was the Cedar Hill HC at a little after 4am. No surprise they've got one of the top programs in the nation. UT reportedly offered Coach McGuire a job as TE/ST Coach last year, which he turned down.

That hard hitting juco:

Love that he came with Trajon and is loving Boulder. CU really is on the rise. :')

Wonder if Laviska Shenault made the trip? From DeSoto, has an offer from us, just started following Hagan and HCMM.

Watched the film on Arthur Hayes and he really played with violence. I see why you said "hard hitting". So I did some googling to figure out why he ended up at a JUCO as a full qualifier. Apparently, he was playing QB in high school and accounting for about 90% of his team's offense at Vallejo. The only scouting report I found, which did project him as a DB, was that he was going to need to improve his physicality. My suspicion is that he was so important to his team on offense that he had to pull himself back from throwing his body around on defense, because "physicality" is absolutely not an issue with this guy.

Awesome, that is great info thank you. Completely makes sense because that is the film of a guy who can play at this level. So how does this work? Is he someone we are trying to land for '16? Because that film is of his freshman year at the juco right? Or is for '17 and has to play another year at the juco? So we'd be looking to get him as a junior?

Awesome, that is great info thank you. Completely makes sense because that is the film of a guy who can play at this level. So how does this work? Is he someone we are trying to land for '16? Because that film is of his freshman year at the juco right? Or is for '17 and has to play another year at the juco? So we'd be looking to get him as a junior?

Not sure. As a full qualifier out of HS, I think he could join this year if he chose to do so. It's only the non-qualifiers who have to get that 2-year JC associate's degree in order to transfer to D1, I believe.

We could definitely use another underclassman at safety.

Watched the film on Arthur Hayes and he really played with violence. I see why you said "hard hitting". So I did some googling to figure out why he ended up at a JUCO as a full qualifier. Apparently, he was playing QB in high school and accounting for about 90% of his team's offense at Vallejo. The only scouting report I found, which did project him as a DB, was that he was going to need to improve his physicality. My suspicion is that he was so important to his team on offense that he had to pull himself back from throwing his body around on defense, because "physicality" is absolutely not an issue with this guy.
Good find. Another interesting tidbit is that his HS profile on ESPN had him at 5'10", 162, and his huddle from this past season lists him lists him at 6', 190.

Not sure. As a full qualifier out of HS, I think he could join this year if he chose to do so. It's only the non-qualifiers who have to get that 2-year JC associate's degree in order to transfer to D1, I believe.

We could definitely use another underclassman at safety.

That is correct, he is free to transfer at any time. I think the only caveat is that he has to have enough transferable credits that shows he is on track towards a degree.

This guy I've been keeping an eye on. He posted that CU was his dream school. Doesn't hold an offer from us yet but you can tell just by seeing what all he likes, nonstop Chev and Jeffcoat posts.

image.png

Last edited:
Back