What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Personnel (Offense)...

Embree's staff recruited Sefo. He felt he was better than Wood. Montez is Lindgren's golden boy.

Agreed, but he started most of the season as @TSchekler pointed out.

J-Mac got a ton of snaps. Had 8 catches. Most of his productivity came against a ****ty Nicholls State team. Don't believe he was any better than Lee Walker would have been based off just what I have seen in limited Walker playing time. I may be wrong, but didn't see anything special from JMac.

Nope. MM made Sefo the face of the program as a Sophomore. He hitched his wagon to Sefo. I'd be shocked if anyone else started vs CSU assuming Sefo is available

Embree's staff recruited Sefo. He felt he was better than Wood. Montez is Lindgren's golden boy.

Agreed, but he started most of the season as @TSchekler pointed out.

J-Mac got a ton of snaps. Had 8 catches. Most of his productivity came against a ****ty Nicholls State team. Don't believe he was any better than Lee Walker would have been based off just what I have seen in limited Walker playing time. I may be wrong, but didn't see anything special from JMac.
When I totally lost it when he was gifted a scholarship, people pointed to the distinction of a QB versus the multiple options for a receiver. And yet here are observations about who is not on the field as a result of his presence. Man I wish Mac had recognized the can of worms he was opening with that signing day surprise.

When I totally lost it when he was gifted a scholarship, people pointed to the distinction of a QB versus the multiple options for a receiver. And yet here are observations about who is not on the field as a result of his presence. Man I wish Mac had recognized the can of worms he was opening with that signing day surprise.
Surprise? What?

Surprise? What?
My impression was that it was rumored as possible, but it was not clear he was even formally offered. Then on signing day, there he was. I could be wrong, and certainly am more upset by this than 99.9% of you.

J-Mac got a ton of snaps. Had 8 catches.
So you don't know how many snaps he got? His 8 catches are 4 times Walker's catches, btw.
And yea, neither guy did much, especially once conference player started. Although Walker is certainly a better blocker.

My impression was that it was rumored as possible, but it was not clear he was even formally offered. Then on signing day, there he was. I could be wrong, and certainly am more upset by this than 99.9% of you.

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/14-co-ath-jay-macintyre-signed-to-colorado.88804/

So you don't know how many snaps he got? His 8 catches are 4 times Walker's catches, btw.
And yea, neither guy did much, especially once conference player started. Although Walker is certainly a better blocker.

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/14-co-ath-jay-macintyre-signed-to-colorado.88804/
No, there is not an official snap count for offense like there is defense on the stats for some reason. I can tell you based off the amount of times I saw the two on the field, JMac had at least 4x the snap count. Yes, both went quiet in conference play, but I can hardly even recall seeing Walker on the field in conference play.

Look at the signing day comments by digger and others. You can't see mine because they were justifiably dropped. He was never committed until signing day, and the Colorado offer was an outlier.
The kid is a good kid and I'll drop it. The scholarship was a mistake, and has hurt our recruiting at that position in my opinion.
I think you are being very weird about this and ignoring the other comments made that day. And wasn't he one of the higher rated guys we had that year? Either way, no skull duggery occurred.

I'm very curious to see how spring ball goes especially at QB.

What's the best kool-aid flavor these days?

I am not a big MacIntyre supporter but I do believe he will play at QB whomever he thinks gives them the best chance to win. Right now it will be Sefo unless Montez really steps up. IMO, neither Apsay or Gehrke are better than Sefo. Montez will be a rsFrosh and most coaches are going to go with a 3 year starter at QB over the Freshman.

If the 4th year starter is cleared to play, he will start. No way MacIntyre is going high risk to save his job by starting a freshman with zero snaps to his credit in the season opening neutral site rivalry game. Sefo is the safe choice. If things start to slide Mac will start to mix and match everything under the sun to right the ship before he gets the pink slip.

My theory is that Sefo will play TE after Montez blows up. (Like what Kerry Meier did at KU after losing the job to Reesing.)

Kool Aid blizzard is early this year.
I agree and it just baffles me. This close to the end of a pretty ****ty year, I don't see how you can look at next year and see anything significantly different. I really hope for some good recruiting news or it will be hard to get the kool aid flowing.

I think you are being very weird about this and ignoring the other comments made that day. And wasn't he one of the higher rated guys we had that year? Either way, no skull duggery occurred.
Careful @pcbuff, you can't agree with me without Darth critique. Jay MacIntyre played well against MWC and less talent like most of our team. It shows we haven't recruited to PAC 12 level. I would stil. rather that scholarship have ended up in a LB or OL like CU desperately needs this year. Still hoping Jay MacIntyre proves me wrong.

Careful @pcbuff, you can't agree with me without Darth critique. Jay MacIntyre played well against MWC and less talent like most of our team. It shows we haven't recruited to PAC 12 level. I would stil. rather that scholarship have ended up in a LB or OL like CU desperately needs this year. Still hoping Jay MacIntyre proves me wrong.
In retrospect, probably a good idea to get more dl or lb but it also may not have been an option. Our recruiting was that bad

I don't think J-Mac will ever get a fair, unbiased opinion from long time buff fans. The nepotism of the Hawk era that drove so many of us crazy runs deep.

On either side of the debate. I see a lot of lowered expectations for what constitutes success when it comes to him thus far in his career.

I haven't said that JMac has been successful in his time here. I am not satisfied with his contribution yet. To me this argument is not about JMac...it's about Walker.

It was a ridiculous statement to say that Walker is better than JMac at this point, and I stand by that. This is not because MacIntyre has proven to be good, but rather Walker has not proven a single thing other than the coaches don't trust him enough to put him on the field yet.

Calling Walker a potential bright spot while simultaneously denouncing MacIntyre was stupid and not based on any fact.

I don't think J-Mac will ever get a fair, unbiased opinion from long time buff fans. The nepotism of the Hawk era that drove so many of us crazy runs deep.
I think J Mac is a solid player. Think he will be a solid PR next year. I don't see him being more than a low end WR for us. Never did. Has nothing to do with Hawkins. It has to do with him being a last scholarship given in a weak class that lost two of its top recruits late in the process.

I haven't said that JMac has been successful in his time here. I am not satisfied with his contribution yet. To me this argument is not about JMac...it's about Walker.

It was a ridiculous statement to say that Walker is better than JMac at this point, and I stand by that. This is not because MacIntyre has proven to be good, but rather Walker has not proven a single thing other than the coaches don't trust him enough to put him on the field yet.

Calling Walker a potential bright spot while simultaneously denouncing MacIntyre was stupid and not based on any fact.
I don't believe that is what I was trying to say. Nice jump to conclusions. I was just saying I believe Walker is better. We don't know who will be and who is but with the number of snaps MacIntyre received 8 catches with majority being against Nicholls isn't wowing.

Back