What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Yeah Nik make this kid a profile

[tweet]561892216000372736[/tweet]

Freebie interview with 2016 Bakersfield Ridgeview athlete Lawrence White. He said CU has been in touch and all the offensive coaches have watched his film. Here are his short CU quotes if you're not interested in the other school that offered.

"I have Iowa State, Colorado and also Utah State [interest]. I've been talking to [CU]. I was talking to them the other day and they said all the offensive coaches have seen my film and they like it. They just hired a new defensive coordinator so that's what they were waiting on," White said.

"[CU] said the same thing, they'll keep in contact. I'm just waiting to hear back from them."

Link

We're going to go to USC's camp, the Oregon camp and any of the camps that come down to Southern California. We're going try to make it to Washington, Oregon State, Colorado and all those.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1735108

I like this kid, glad to hear he'll be hitting up one of our camps. He has a couple of intriguing teammates too: JJ Taylor an undersized RB who may end up undervalued by the top P12 schools and CB Camryn Bynum also a little small for corner, but the kid was every bit as good as Jihree Stewart who signed with Oregon this past cycle. Corona Centennial is an absolute powerhouse and it wouldn't hurt to get in there and get a pipeline going. It has long been an ASU stronghold.

1987 RECRUITING CLASS
Eric BieniemyRB5-9185West Covina (Bishop Amat)Calif.
Jon BomanLB6-4225Las Vegas (Chaparral)Nev.
Charles FisheroOL6-6270San Diego (Morse)Calif.
Eric HannahPK6-0195Mission Viejo (Capistrano Valley)Calif.
Russell HeasleyOL6-4245Bakersfield (West)Calif.
George HemingwayFB6-2225ColtonCalif.
Jay LeeuwenburgC6-3230KirkwoodMo.
Kanavis McGheeOLB6-6230Houston (Wheatley)Texas
Mike MotleyOLB6-2230Houston (Forest Brook)Texas
Mike PritchardRB5-11175Las Vegas (Rancho)Nev.
Joel SteedDL6-3280Denver (Hinkley)Colo.
Alfred WilliamsDL6-6230Houston (Jesse Jones)
2016 is going to be a small class, just like 1987. Is this too much to hope for?

1987 RECRUITING CLASS
2016 is going to be a small class, just like 1987. Is this too much to hope for?

Well... that was a legit class... but what were their star ratings?

1987 RECRUITING CLASS
Eric Bieniemy -3*RB5-9185West Covina (Bishop Amat)Calif.
Jon Boman - 3*LB6-4225Las Vegas (Chaparral)Nev.
Charles Fishero - 4*OL6-6270San Diego (Morse)Calif.
Eric Hannah -2*PK6-0195Mission Viejo (Capistrano Valley)Calif.
Russell Heasley - 3*OL6-4245Bakersfield (West)Calif.
George Hemingway - 3*FB6-2225ColtonCalif.
Jay Leeuwenburg 2*C6-3230KirkwoodMo.
Kanavis McGhee - 4*OLB6-6230Houston (Wheatley)Texas
Mike Motley - 3*OLB6-2230Houston (Forest Brook)Texas
Mike Pritchard - 4*RB5-11175Las Vegas (Rancho)Nev.
Joel Steed - 3*DL6-3280Denver (Hinkley)Colo.
Alfred Williams- 4*DL6-6230Houston (Jesse Jones)

Not factual, based on measurables.

1987 RECRUITING CLASS
Interesting. I had always heard that Big Al and Knavis were the "H-Town Boys," that Mac went into Houston and got two LBs... which had me scratching my head about Mike Motley. Looks like Motley didn't qualify, went to JC, came back in 1989-90, then got kicked off the team after the NC Orange Bowl. He redshirted as a senior so he wouldn't have to back up Alfred and Knavis, was supposed to start at OLB in 1991, but got kicked off the team.

The break between the Spring Game and the Spring Evaluation Period is going to be a very good thing. We need our coaches to be on the same page with a small class, particularly on the defensive side. A month to get things settled will be good and the "outsiders" should provide valuable insight.

EDIT: Never mind, found him under Athlete. I was looking under other positions. Good job, Nik. Shoulda known you'd have it.

I didn't see a profile on this player, but he lists a Colorado offer.

link

Mason Moran, Chandler, 6-3, 180, QB/DBHe won't play his first varsity season as a fulltime starter until this fall, but his coach, Shaun Aguano, can already tell you that he'll be the best quarterback in the state. He made All-Arizona last season at defensive back, where he showed off his tremendous athletic abilities. Moran has offers from Boston College, Colorado and Massachusetts.
Watch: Mason Moran's quarterback highlights

Mason Moran
Chandler High School (AZ)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1781364/mason-moran
6'3" 180 lbs.
Listed as quarterback and db and safety --- as a junior in 2014, he was backup behind another player, but is expected to be starting QB in fall 2015.

Here's a video story from his freshman year.

Rivals profile
247 sports profile page
Scout
ESPN

Last edited:
[tweet]584021198704508929[/tweet]

profile coming soon
As a QB or DB? Kind of sounds like Bartlett, Awini and even JMac in the sense that they all played both sides of the ball in HS so are obviously damn good athletes for the QB position. With added weight he could certainly have the size for QB. Hard to believe we'd be offering for QB without him starting in that role to date. Athlete?

As a QB or DB? Kind of sounds like Bartlett, Awini and even JMac in the sense that they all played both sides of the ball in HS so are obviously damn good athletes for the QB position. With added weight he could certainly have the size for QB. Hard to believe we'd be offering for QB without him starting in that role to date. Athlete?

What are you talking about?

I think you're reading the post about Mason Moran or something

Perusing the P12 commitment lists, looks like a bunch of the schools already have their QB for the class. Less competition for us I guess.

Arizona Khalil Tate, already has a 2017 4* committed too

ASU nobody, they took 2 last year with 1 being a possible ATH, may not take one this year

Cal already has 2

Oregon has their guy

OSU nobody

Stanford beat out Michigan and USC for KJ Costello

Utah 3* Kahi Neves, he has been impressing at camps this spring

USC has missed on Patterson and Costello so far, looks like they've zeroed in on Matt Fink. Fairly surprised he hasn't popped for them yet.

UCLA looks to be offering the same guys ASU has. Betting one of them ends up with Devon Modster.

UW was looking good for Fink, but that looks unlikely now. Only one other offer out now for a QB, guessing they're checking out their options.

Wazzu just got a commit from undersized Ian Book.

New FL offers out to a couple Flanagan HS (Pembroke Pines) stars.

Devin Bush Jr. - hudl
Devin Gil - hudl

[tweet]588395526921433090[/tweet]

New offers (need to make profiles):

[tweet]590537204591636481[/tweet]

I'm not sure who this is. Rep to who figures it out.
[tweet]590370981488656385[/tweet]

New offers (need to make profiles):

[tweet]590537204591636481[/tweet]

I'm not sure who this is. Rep to who figures it out.
[tweet]590370981488656385[/tweet

I can't see the tweet because you didn't close the bracket, but from the embedded number I think it's the tweet from Kyle M. I assume it's this one?

[tweet]590370981488656385[/tweet]

It's a kid named Isaiah Love, CB, out of West Covina, CA

http://sports.yahoo.com/colorado/football/recruiting/player-Isaiah-Love-160699

You think we're recruiting Lind as a LB? 6'0" 230 lbs would be reaaaalllll nice addition at our biggest position of need. Jim Leavitt recruiting him, too, correct? [MENTION=1852]Buffnik[/MENTION]

Back