What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

We need a few more home and homes with Texas teams starting in 2024. I believe part of our recruiting success down there is the recruits know they will be playing in their home state during their careers here.

For anyone who follows this kind of thing, when might we know the kickoff time for the Wazzu game?

Folks, I am a huge Buff Fan living in Lincoln, Nebraska and I have to listen everyday on the radio to the Huskers amazing optimism with Coach Riley at the helm! There is a faction that still wants Bo back, then there is a faction that is happy with Riley, and then there is a group that wishes that a real Big Time Coach will come there way someday. I do not want to dwell on the Huskers, but wanted to parallel the re-development of the Big Red with the Rise of the Buffs. Schedules mean a lot to the quality of the programs, and if we all look at 2018, you will see a dramatic situation developing in that year. The reason I say that is that we will have a mature Montez or Noyer, and I feel that the talent level will be Top 20. When you look at the schedules you find a really tough road for Riley in his potential 4th season:

Win AKRON
Loss COLORADO
Win TROY
Loss at Michigan
Win PURDUE
Loss at Wisconsin
Loss at Northwestern
??? MINNESOTA
BYE
Loss at Ohio State
??? ILLINOIS
??? MICHIGAN STATE
Loss at Iowa

I can see 5-6 for sure likely losses, and as many as 2-3 more losses. This type of schedule is a coach killer, and by then he will have likely lost the energy to lead the program.

On the other hand, Colorado has a nice schedule capable of at least an 8+ win season, which must be established as the minimum.

Colorado State at Denver
at Nebraska
NEW HAMPSHIRE

HOME PAC 12 = ARIZONA STATE, OREGON STATE, UCLA, UTAH, WASHINGTON STATE

Away Pac 12 = Arizona, California, USC, Washington

Nebraska is and has been stuck in its own depression for as long as Colorado has relative to the levels of success previously had. I do not believe that they can ever come back to a level they once had!

The rise has been the greatest thing for me personally and we must keep it going... See you all here in Lincoln in 2018!!!!

Heard a rumor that Colorado pulled out of their 9/15/18 gave vs New Hampshire. Can anyone confirm this? My son plays for New Hampshire and I was really looking forward to the trip west. Thank you.

Updated the thread title and the OP now that we've got the 2017 schedule release.

Great schedule. Get UW early, and USC late. Only one November home game and that's against USC.

Roadies that are winnable.

I think next year will be fun. Probably not as fun as this year was, but fun just the same.

Interesting thought about the Athletic Departments expenses related to travel for the football team the next 3 years. There are no Non-Conference games that are over 500 miles away from home (short flight to Lincoln). Should be able to get the department in good financial shape. Only thing to consider is to pull a Michigan and consider a trip to Europe?

I can see CU going anywhere from 6-6 to 10-2 next year. I think offense is going to be fine and could carry them like the defense did last year. If the defensive holes can be plugged this is a very favorable schedule. Even Washington early at home they have a good shot at. Washington lost a lot too and you never know how much the home field can make in the overall game. Road games are all winnable and USC late is going to be tough. If CU is able to match a 10-2 record again I would have to think that 1) recruiting could boom and 2) the program could maintain upper echelon PAC-12 status. Key year indeed!

I'm thinking it's a very good thing that we miss Stanford on this year's schedule. I also think Oregon's going to bounce back, so missing them is also a very good thing for this year's schedule.

Got to get out of the non-conference at 3-0. That actually puts us a game up on 2016 heading into conference play. Then, 4 home Pac games this year vs 5 last year, which is a challenge... especially with 2 of them being against the preseason conference favorites (Washington & USC). But there's an obvious opportunity there, too.

Tanner Lee (Tulane transfer who had to sit last year) has won the starting QB job at Nebraska. He's a junior this year, so that means the Nubs will likely have a 5th year senior QB with a ton of starting experience when we visit them in 2018.

Tanner Lee (Tulane transfer who had to sit last year) has won the starting QB job at Nebraska. He's a junior this year, so that means the Nubs will likely have a 5th year senior QB with a ton of starting experience when we visit them in 2018.
Word is he has an amazing arm. Luckily we will have a 4th year QB of our own!

All 3 games on Pac-12 Network.

I would imagine game #4 against UW will not be.
Really hope Gameday. The other games I could see them going to that week are: ND v Michigan State, UCLA v Stanford, OU v Baylor, A&M v Arkansas. Still think 3-0 UW v 3-0 CU in Boulder would be best, but I guess I'm biased.

Really hope Gameday. The other games I could see them going to that week are: ND v Michigan State, UCLA v Stanford, OU v Baylor, A&M v Arkansas. Still think 3-0 UW v 3-0 CU in Boulder would be best, but I guess I'm biased.

They have been trying to come here for the past 2 years. Last year got snubbed though. They owe Fowler a trip home.

They have been trying to come here for the past 2 years. Last year got snubbed though. They owe Fowler a trip home.

They're probably trying to do it for a game that they will have TV for so he can call a game here. They'll be here for UW unless we lose to CSU.....nothing else other than maybe UCLA-Stanford would make sense.

A couple early 2018 observations-fbschedules.com has Utah ending the 2018 season with BYU at home. I thought conference rules said we weren't allowed to play out of conference games after the end of September-with the only exceptions being connected to Stanford and USC's games with Notre Dame. Am I wrong there?

Also, if that game doesn't get moved......I would think next year would end with back to back home games with the Utes and UCLA. Might make for a fairly favorable November next season.

A couple early 2018 observations-fbschedules.com has Utah ending the 2018 season with BYU at home. I thought conference rules said we weren't allowed to play out of conference games after the end of September-with the only exceptions being connected to Stanford and USC's games with Notre Dame. Am I wrong there?

Also, if that game doesn't get moved......I would think next year would end with back to back home games with the Utes and UCLA. Might make for a fairly favorable November next season.
I thought the same with the late games and Notre Dame vs USC/Furd being the only exception.

I hope the Utah series gets moved off of Thanksgiving rivalry weekend. It's hard to justify a trip to SLC on top of or instead of traveling to spend time with family in Colorado.

As the schedule stands now, Rice-Eccles is the hardest road trip to justify.

Back