What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

I see 4 scenarios with varying probabilities.
1. MM doesn't make a bowl game this year and gets fired (50/50)
2. MM makes a bowl game this year, gets extended and takes CU to a middling P12 team that hovers around 6-8 wins/year and eventually gets fired anyway because RG wants someone who can take the program to the next level. (40/60)
3. MM makes a bowl game and it vaults the program to the next level in 2017 and 2018 and some SEC program poaches him for twice as much as CU can pay. (20/80)
4. MM has great success from here on out and becomes our Bobby Bowden, viewing CU as a coaching destination. (1/100 maybe less)

That sounds like what you would expect to hear from a national outsider who is just looking at our struggles over the last decade. It amazes me that fans who are intimately familiar with CU and Boulder think this way even after we hired an outstanding AD and built facilities that are second to none. If MM gets us to a point where we are competing for conference titles and filling the stadium, RG will find a way to pay a salary that will keep MM happy. And you just can't put a price on the quality of life in Boulder. It's a special place. There is a reason why RG left a Major League job to come back here. There is a reason why McCartney, Barnett and so many players still live in the area. I don't think it is anywhere close to a slam dunk that MM would bolt at the first SEC offer. I would put it at 60/40 he stays. A national title was won here and can be won here again. Why bolt to a conference where fans think Mark Richt and Les Miles just aren't good enough?

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Idaho is moving down to FCS in 1-2 years.

(edit: sorry, Idaho, not Idaho St., our opponent this year)

Yikes. Outside of Nebraska, not much to get the casual fans engaged. Better be really good if/when we improve in the W/L columns.
Happy to see the hated Huskers back on the schedule. Any year we beat "Little Red" is a good year for me.

P5 conferences should leave Friday night for the high schools.

But, good for CU to get the coverage. Looking forward to the game, and as. CFB fan, like attending a Fri (or Thurs) night game so I can be a couch potato on Saturday.

But, good for CU to get the coverage. Looking forward to the game, and as. CFB fan, like attending a Fri (or Thurs) night game so I can be a couch potato on Saturday.
Agreed. I will have to miss the Showdown this year due to our game, unfortunately.

Could be an interesting Friday night. Definitely a risk reward situation for the Buffs. Risk is making the same kind of stupid mistakes they have in the opening games four of the past five years (Hawaii 2011 & 2015 & CSU in 2012 and 2013) and lose a close game and kill all momentum for the season and for recruiting....OR open up and play solid ball and stomp a team making people step up and take notice (No I don't think the game would be terribly close if the Buffs play clean mistake free football). Good news is I can head over and start drinking right after work. :)

Must, must, must MUST, MUST have a good showing in the RMS this year.

Only game so far to be guaranteed to be on national TV, and should be late enough that some of the east coast recruits can catch the second half after their football games.

No excuses this year, either. CSEwe lost 16 from the two deep on offense and defense by my count, whereas CU lost 6. For the first time in what seems like forever, CU should have the more experienced roster.

While I generally agree with the premise, the problem for the P5 conferences is that if they don't take that time slot, the G5 will.

Boise State will tell you that the regular exposure they got by playing on Friday night, when the P5 teams weren't playing, played a meaningful part in their rise to prominence.

CSU's Patron Saint Sonny also credits the national TV time they got by playing on Friday night as being a key to their recruiting when he was their coach.

Once the rubicon of college football broadcast on Friday night was crossed, the P5 had no choice but to go claim it for themselves.

Back