What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Colorado Roster (with 2018 commits)

2/25/17

Removed Addison Gillam from the roster
Switched Brett Tonz from DT/DE to OG

Potential changes coming up: George Frazier to DT/DE? NJ Falo to ILB? Donovan Lee to CB?

Good move.

Yeah. That's where Bernardi always projected him from when he was recruited. Tough, high motor kid who I don't think was athletic enough for the DL but has a chance at OG. Plus, we need the bodies right now this spring. Could very well find that he was majorly recruited over once Polley/Sherman/Roddick get here, though. But if it allows us to redshirt an extra one of those guys, all the better.

Looking sparse at kicker/punter.

And snapper.

I haven't put the walk ons in there. J.T. Bale is a good LS who might end up on scholarship if there's room. Also doesn't include Davis Price from the kickers, who would also be a likely scholarship guy if he wins the job.

I haven't put the walk ons in there. J.T. Bale is a good LS who might end up on scholarship if there's room. Also doesn't include Davis Price from the kickers, who would also be a likely scholarship guy if he wins the job.

Couldn't you at least say "when he wins the job"?:)

If he cannot win the job...

I know the table isn't including walk-ons but our situation at kicker is concerning (as it has been for a long time.)

There was a lot of talk about us adding a kicker after LOI day. Where are we regarding that, I couldn't find the thread for some reason.

Idk really but we need a kicker. Nik and others might know. What happened to that one young man they were looking at? Also, if we don't find one, don't be surprised if we go a lot on 4th in the red zone.

Tonz move to offense permanent per HCMM today after practice. Donovan Lee back to splitting time with RB/CB.

Something MacIntyre brought up that I hadn't thought about is that Lee is a really important guy for us on special teams with his athleticism. Working on defense has been great for him with his angles and tackling. We really need those coverage teams to be outstanding this season and keep our young defense out of short field situations.

Something MacIntyre brought up that I hadn't thought about is that Lee is a really important guy for us on special teams with his athleticism. Working on defense has been great for him with his angles and tackling. We really need those coverage teams to be outstanding this season and keep our young defense out of short field situations.
I'd prefer for him to learn blocking, honestly. Then he could stay on the field at RB.

Moved Michael Mathewes to OLB based on Woelk's article today stating that he's at 255lbs and has been showing promise this spring at OLB.

Reconfirmed with my AZ HS Coaching buddy that Tonz always played both ways in High School. He was an OT and he was very good. He played also against very good competition there, so he's not starting from ground zero.

Just a reminder that we're still at an 88-man roster and looking to add May grad JUCOs at both DT and RB. We've got some summer attrition coming.

It used to be a lot easier to spot the dead weight. I don't see but a few guys who are not competing for PT. Perhaps that's because we just don't hear things coming out of camp but I'd say long gone are the days where we were just carrying guys like Yuri who had no intent of playing.

It used to be a lot easier to spot the dead weight. I don't see but a few guys who are not competing for PT. Perhaps that's because we just don't hear things coming out of camp but I'd say long gone are the days where we were just carrying guys like Yuri who had no intent of playing.
Who are attrition candidates? Bounds, Franke, Lopez, Hasselbach, Matthewes, Tonz, Graham, Jaison Sanchez? Other than those, I can't really see any other candidates.

Do we have any more who are facing medical retirement? Somebody with a knee that won't mend or concussion symptoms that are continuing?

Also do we have any of our last class that is in trouble academically?

Do we have any more who are facing medical retirement? Somebody with a knee that won't mend or concussion symptoms that are continuing?

Also do we have any of our last class that is in trouble academically?
No info whatsoever in those directions. No reason to speculate.

Back