What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 CU Players in the NFL (Plus Draft Thread)

Broncos would be great. Hopefully these guys go to NFL teams without Buffs on them currently

My draft grades

Awuzie 2nd round pick- Starter day one as a nickel back. His performance at the CU pro day and combine could push him up to a late first round pick.
Thompson 2nd or 3rd round pick, play making safety
Whiterspoon 3rd round pick, good coverage skills, good combine and pro day performance will help him
Josh Topou 5th or 6th round pick, perfect fit for 34 defense teams. Good performance at the East-west shrine game. He has weight concerns.
Sefo Liafau 7th round or UDFA, should continue to work on his game, practice squad candidate.
Alex Kelly UDFA
Kenneth Olugbode 7th round pick, size and speed concerns. He is a gamer. I think he will be drafted late. Practice squad candidate.
Samson Kofovalu 7th round pick or UDFA
Jordan Carrell 7th round pick or UDFA

Last edited:
Lots of positive press for witherspoon since the combine. Best of luck to him. I bet he is the second buff taken.

My draft grades

Awuzie 2nd round pick- Starter day one as a nickel back. His performance at the CU pro day and combine could push him up to a late first round pick.
Whiterspoon 3rd round pick, good coverage skills, good combine and pro day performance will help him
Josh Topou 5th or 6th round pick, perfect fit for 34 defense teams. Good performance at the East-west shrine game. He has weight concerns.
Sefo Liafau 7th round or UDFA, should continue to work on his game, practice squad candidate.
Alex Kelly UDFA
Kenneth Olugbode 7th round pick, size and speed concerns. He is a gamer. I think he will be drafted late. Practice squad candidate.
Bummer. Looks like Jimmy Gilbert is a no hoper.

man he'll be a steal in the 4th or 5th. I was personally hoping the Dolphins would grab him with their 3rd round comp pick, but was kinda figuring that'd be too late.

Their analysis just tells me he's a center fielder FS type, not an in the box SS type. He looks like a less athletic Malik Hooker to me. Sure it might be a mismatch vs a big TE, but who the hell can cover a guy like OJ Howard? Dudes that are 6'5 260 aren't supposed to move like some of these TEs these days.

maybe I'm just biased though. I'd be pumped for any of the 3 CU DBs to play for the Dolphins.

It's weird to me because a lot of the receivers said he was the hardest hitter on the entire defense last spring and fall.

My draft grades

Alex Kelly UDFA

Better chance Spoon goes before Chido than Thompson before Spoon

man he'll be a steal in the 4th or 5th. I was personally hoping the Dolphins would grab him with their 3rd round comp pick, but was kinda figuring that'd be too late.

Their analysis just tells me he's a center fielder FS type, not an in the box SS type. He looks like a less athletic Malik Hooker to me. Sure it might be a mismatch vs a big TE, but who the hell can cover a guy like OJ Howard? Dudes that are 6'5 260 aren't supposed to move like some of these TEs these days.

maybe I'm just biased though. I'd be pumped for any of the 3 CU DBs to play for the Dolphins.

Thompson would be a nice compliment to Jones. Like you, I am hoping the Phins pick up at least one of the trio.

Chido has moved into a lot of 1st round mocks. I really hope he gets it, makes money, has a great career, and donates back to CU. I really want CU to get a HOF pro. We've had some borderline, but it's annoying we have no HOFers.

Ridiculous that Cliff Branch isn't in the HOF.

I also think he should be in, but I don't think it's ridiculous. I think he's borderline. Boyd Dowler and Dick Anderson also I think are borderline. It would be nice for the veteran's committee to get one or all of them in... ...but so the NFL HOF goes... ...

Back