What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 CU Players in the NFL (Plus Draft Thread)

Not a Cowboys guy really, my brother and most of my family are. He was sure as hell excited to get chido and carrell. Actually, I'm tired of his damn questions about them already lol.

Last edited:
It's absolutely possible to root for players to be really, really good and the team to fail. I found that extremely easy to do with Solder and the Pats.

Yeah but if you root for the player you root for them to have success and be able to play in big moments, like how awesome it was for PRich last year in the playoffs.

Yeah but if you root for the player you root for them to have success and be able to play in big moments, like how awesome it was for PRich last year in the playoffs.
Eh, I'm happy for Solder winning a few rings, but I'm not ever going to root for the patriots to win a game. I can root for Seattle and Dallas slightly more, but I don't ever wish huge success for either of those teams. I can root for SF with Lynch, Shanahan, and all the Buffs they have, though.

Life as a Buffs fan is so much easier for me when it comes to the NFL. I don't give a **** about any team beyond it being nice for my community when the Broncos do well. So I have nearly 100% of my NFL focus on rooting for players I like to do well. I've got no problem rooting for any team with Buffs on it to beat teams that don't, including the Broncos.

Total players sent to the NFL so far by school including 253 Draftees and 466 Undrafted Free Agent Signings. Pretty, pretty good.

DADrWpmUQAApwIM.jpg:large

Utah also beat USC at home and took Washington down to the wire so probably more of a consistency thing. They had much more talent up front to deal with those physical fronts than us.

Utah also beat USC at home and took Washington down to the wire so probably more of a consistency thing. They had much more talent up front to deal with those physical fronts than us.
Beat USC in Darnold's first ever start and before they really started playing well, though. But a win is a win, you're right.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da...zie-cowboys-rookie-db-group-looking-one-month

Most ready for battle among the newcomers is Awuzie. Baker said he's moved Awuzie between corner, nickel and dime, and the second-round pick out of Colorado has been "remarkable" at each.

"He's going to be really valuable to us," Baker said. "You put a little bit more on guys like Chido because he has the versatility and intelligence to handle it."
Lewis, Woods and White are moving around too, though not quite at Awuzie's rate. Baker said with so much of the secondary roster for 2017 in flux, everyone's playing more than one position at this point. And in Tuesday's OTA that wasn't open to the media, Baker was pleased that his group made "very few mistakes."

Lots of good chatter on Chido and Ahkello so far.

Chidobe:
Once a strong flex player for the University of Colorado, the Dallas Cowboys selected Awuzie with the 60th overall pick this year. This led many to believe he'd most certainly become a stalwart at outside CB, but secondary coach Joe Baker says hold your horses. Things could change down the line, and from snap-to-snap.

“He’s doing it all,” said Baker, via the team's official website. “He’s remarkable. He’s playing corner, nickel and dime. He’s going to be really valuable to us.”

“I don’t know if we’ve asked [Byron Jones] to do all of that as quickly as we’ve asked Chido to do it,” Baker said. “But Byron was pretty similar in that way.”

“Certain guys you put a little more on like Chido because he has the versatility and the intelligence to handle it,” Baker said. “Most guys are playing one or two positions and that’s just going to help us down the road because you just never know at the end what the group’s going to look like. It’s nice to know if a guy has to go play nickel in Week 12, he at least has a foundation to go in there and have a chance to be successful.”
http://colorado.247sports.com/Bolt/...ay-every-defensive-back-spot-in-2017-53156479

Ahkello:
49ers rookie cornerback and third-round draft pick Ahkello Witherspoon has been getting his turn with the first team at practice recently, reports Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee.
Barrows was asked during a Q&A piece who might winding up start at cornerback opposite Rashard Robinson. His answer: "It may be his body double, Ahkello Witherspoon. I heard he's been sprinkled into the first-string defense -- a handful of snaps -- this week. If that indeed is the starting duo, the 49ers would have two tall, long-armed press corners, i.e. the prototypes for this style of."
http://colorado.247sports.com/Bolt/...etting-first-team-CB-reps-per-report-53080065

Chido's going to be a star

I agree he's going to be a significant player in the league. Keep in mind though that Chido is the kind of guy who is going to stand out in OTAs and early in training camp.

He has physical skills but the big thing that gives him a jump is his head. He is a very smart football player who from reports at CU was the DB who learned and understood things first time. He isn't going to make the kind of "learning mistakes" that a lot of other players do early on.

This also means that while he will still make some rookie mistakes he will be able to move on to studying opponents instead of just trying to figure out what he is supposed to be doing like a lot of rookies are.

I would expect our team is sending this out to all prospective d-backs. Come to CU and learn how to play in the NFL.
The more you hear about how well coached and versatile our db's are by NFL coaches, the better I feel about next year.

Back