What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 NBA Draft & CU Pro Prospects

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
Mostly for White but figured we could add stuff for Xavier Johnson and Wes Gordon in a single draft thread too.

Colorado senior Derrick White's draft stock could be impacted heavily by what position teams think he'll play. DraftExpress has the 6'5" playmaker listed as a "G/SG," but if he can convince teams he's a legitimate point guard, his future becomes a lot more interesting.
Even as the league transitions toward position-less basketball, a 6'5" 1 with a 35 ½" no-step vertical leap is tantalizing. In fact, the game going position-less might help his stock. With that size, he should be able to defend either guard spot, and maybe even some 3.
On the other end, he can run an offense, as evidenced by his 4.3 assists per game at Colorado, and his borderline dominant play in the five-on-five action at the combine. DraftExpress' Mike Schmitz was so impressed by White in that portion of the event, he called him his "Top prospect in five-on-five for me."
If White continues to show an ability to play point in workouts with individual teams, it wouldn't be surprising to see one of the many teams with multiple first-rounders take a shot at him in the 20s.

From BR: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-order-analyzing-top-upperclassmen-prospects

Not that it will matter, but White has less wear and tear on his legs and body than the other top prospects.
Was not on the AAU circuit for many years.
Good to see George, XJ, and Wes taking advantage of the Nuggets workouts.
Any word on if Fortune will get an invite?

Gordon and XJ may get some NBA summer league time but their futures are overseas.

Not a bad deal though, lots of teams pay all living expenses plus a nice income after taxes.

Not new news but here's the tweets from the Nuggets about X and Gordon working out:

It's a small bump but it's a big border. Draft Express now has White as the last pick of the 1st rd. New video on his strengths as well

White worked out for the Knicks yesterday but they don't have a pick anywhere close to his draft stock

Trains in NY so an easy commute.
Also Knicks could be in line for a trade.
Lots of movement possible especially in the 20s

Worked out with 17, 18, 25, and 29

Interesting to see if he gets workout invites to Atlanta, Portland, OKC, and Utah

Sixers workout today for White. He would really excel as a combo guard next to a unique playmaker like Ben Simmons or Giannis.

An article on White being the headline prospect at the Sixers workout yesterday from CSN Philly

Some good quotes from the Sixers brass. This is from their GM Bryan Colangelo--
"He's going to be a really solid player," Colangelo said. "I had a chance to see him quite a bit. I was at the Pac-12 tournament this year, I saw two or three games and he brings a lot. Offensively, he's got a knack for scoring the basketball, he's got a handle, he can create shots. He does a lot of things. ... He's a guy that knows how to score and he's just got a nice feel for the game."

Draft Express has White higher than they've ever had him: #26 to the Blazers

Another 1st rd pick combined with the incoming freshmen should take recruiting to the next level.

Now I wish the nuggets didn't give up the first in the stupid trade they made with Portland, that pick could have been used on White.

Now you have gone and ruined my evening.

I still am not that upset about the trade. Nurkic was bordering on becoming a major headache and while not exactly a high skill guy Plumlee gave them some nasty that they lacked inside and is a guy happy to contribute in a supporting role.

In hindsight though would have loved to have White on this roster, and I think he would be a good fit.

Now you have gone and ruined my evening.

I still am not that upset about the trade. Nurkic was bordering on becoming a major headache and while not exactly a high skill guy Plumlee gave them some nasty that they lacked inside and is a guy happy to contribute in a supporting role.

In hindsight though would have loved to have White on this roster, and I think he would be a good fit.

Nurkic for Pumlee would have been a great trade. Portland didn't have the cap space to sign him at the end of the season. So they turned a free agent into a cheap starter under contract AND a first round pick. That is the type of trade that should get a gm fired. At worst if you don't want two more young players on the team, then bundle them up and get a higher pick.

Every NBA team could use White: https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-derrick-white-colorado-buffaloes-4ae112d5adec
White is currently being projected as a late-first-round pick on most mock drafts, but he’s a much better fit with the teams in that range than many of the more traditional big men (Adebayo, Justin Patton, and Ike Anigbogu) expected to go in the middle of the first round. White could immediately fill a role as a floor spacer and a secondary playmaker for frontcourt-heavy teams like the Thunder, Jazz, and Bucks.

Starting to see chatter about White in the late middle of the 1st round. Speculation is that there are some teams clustered there that have strong front courts and that the grades on players suggest that it's mostly front court prospects slotted for that range. Because of this, White has an opportunity to jump up a tier in his draft position.

Derrick White mid-first round draft hype is the only thing keeping this Knicks fan going this morning. If Porzingis gets traded, I might just become a fan of whichever team (never celtics, but think I'm safe) drafts White.

Derrick White mid-first round draft hype is the only thing keeping this Knicks fan going this morning. If Porzingis gets traded, I might just become a fan of whichever team (never celtics, but think I'm safe) drafts White.
If you haven't already dropped the Knicks, I doubt you would at this point...

If you haven't already dropped the Knicks, I doubt you would at this point...

I was about to completely disagree with you, start ranting and raving that this would be the final straw, but I can't because deep down I know you're right. That's what this franchise does to you.

I was about to completely disagree with you, start ranting and raving that this would be the final straw, but I can't because deep down I know you're right. That's what this franchise does to you.
I'd been a fan of the Knicks since Bernard King and growing up in New Jersey with stories of Bill Bradley. The organization pissed me off so much when it let Mark Jackson go thinking they could upgrade. But since Pat Riley left they became increasingly harder to support. They finally lost me during the Isaiah Thomas era when I decided that my mental health is too important to care about that team as long as James Dolan remains the owner.

Back