What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018/19 Off-Season Lacrosse Thread (Season opener Feb. 9th)

BIG congrats to Ms's. Lisella, Brown and Kiernan for the national honors! (Obviously VERY impressive for (this past season) sophomore Lisella to be named the top goalie in the nation in her 1st year of a starter. Hopefully she only keeps improving over the next two years!)

Direct link to Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/6/14/lacrosse-lisella-named-iwlca-goalkeeper-of-the-year.aspx

"
By: Linda Sprouse, Associate SID
Release: June 14, 2018

Trio of Buffs Selected to All-America Teams

BOULDER — In her first year as Colorado's starting goalkeeper, redshirt sophomore Julia Lisella has made quite the impression on the college lacrosse scene. Now she's ending the season as the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association's (IWLCA) Goalkeeper of the Year, as announced on Thursday afternoon.

Lisella, along with teammates Sarah Brown and Darby Kiernan, were selected to the IWLCA All-America teams. Lisella and Brown were named to the first team, while Kiernan was tabbed to the second team. This is the second IWLCA All-America honor for Brown and Kiernan. Brown was selected to the second team in 2017 and Kiernan was named to the third team.
"

Congrats to Coach Elliott!

Direct link to article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/7/19/...ca-west-midwest-region-coach-of-the-year.aspx

Full article-
"
BOULDER — For the second straight season, University of Colorado head lacrosse coach Ann Elliott has been named the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) West/Midwest Region Coach of the Year.

CU finished the campaign with a 14-6 record and won the inaugural Pac-12 Conference regular season title after totaling a 9-1 record in conference play. The Buffs earned their second straight trip to the NCAA Tournament and advanced to the second round after defeating Jacksonville for their first ever NCAA Tournament win.

The Pac-12 Coach of the Year helped her team rally after a difficult start to the season. The Buffs lost a teammate, Julia Sarcona, who died in a single car accident prior to the start of the season in January. CU recorded a 1-2 record in its first three games and came back to win the following six of the next seven contests to earn a 7-3 mark halfway through the season.

CU earned top 15 rankings in all three polls this season after losing its inaugural class which contained several top players, including its four-year starting goalkeeper. The Buffs showed they were reloaded as their offense averaged 14.00 goals per game, which was 26th in the NCAA. Defensively CU allowed 9.90 goals per game and recorded a 0.482 save percentage (both 17th in the NCAA). The Buffs also had a scoring margin of +4.10 (19th in the NCAA).

Three Buffs, Sarah Brown, Darby Kiernan and Julia Lisella were selected IWLCA All-Americans at the end of the season. Lisella was named the IWLCA Goalkeeper of the Year and joined Brown on the All-America first team, while Kiernan was a second team selection.
"

Congrats to Coach Elliott!

Direct link to article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/7/19/...ca-west-midwest-region-coach-of-the-year.aspx

Full article-
"
BOULDER — For the second straight season, University of Colorado head lacrosse coach Ann Elliott has been named the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) West/Midwest Region Coach of the Year.

CU finished the campaign with a 14-6 record and won the inaugural Pac-12 Conference regular season title after totaling a 9-1 record in conference play. The Buffs earned their second straight trip to the NCAA Tournament and advanced to the second round after defeating Jacksonville for their first ever NCAA Tournament win.

The Pac-12 Coach of the Year helped her team rally after a difficult start to the season. The Buffs lost a teammate, Julia Sarcona, who died in a single car accident prior to the start of the season in January. CU recorded a 1-2 record in its first three games and came back to win the following six of the next seven contests to earn a 7-3 mark halfway through the season.

CU earned top 15 rankings in all three polls this season after losing its inaugural class which contained several top players, including its four-year starting goalkeeper. The Buffs showed they were reloaded as their offense averaged 14.00 goals per game, which was 26th in the NCAA. Defensively CU allowed 9.90 goals per game and recorded a 0.482 save percentage (both 17th in the NCAA). The Buffs also had a scoring margin of +4.10 (19th in the NCAA).

Three Buffs, Sarah Brown, Darby Kiernan and Julia Lisella were selected IWLCA All-Americans at the end of the season. Lisella was named the IWLCA Goalkeeper of the Year and joined Brown on the All-America first team, while Kiernan was a second team selection.
"

She got a multi-year contract, right?

has there been any movement toward adding any more sports? women's or mens? like actual progress? any insiders know?

has there been any movement toward adding any more sports? women's or mens? like actual progress? any insiders know?
RG said that isn't his priority right now.

Heck, I'd heard that he was majorly pissed off that he inherited the new WLAX addition because Bohn pushed it through despite being entirely unfunded and he had to figure out how to make it work while still making the things happen that were the primary parts of his vision with football revenue & competitiveness.

At this point, I think his focus will be on infrastructure/organizational enhancements, fundraising for the AD endowment, and then looking toward Folsom/CED projects along with building permanent facilities for field sports.

RG said that isn't his priority right now.

Heck, I'd heard that he was majorly pissed off that he inherited the new WLAX addition because Bohn pushed it through despite being entirely unfunded and he had to figure out how to make it work while still making the things happen that were the primary parts of his vision with football revenue & competitiveness.

At this point, I think his focus will be on infrastructure/organizational enhancements, fundraising for the AD endowment, and then looking toward Folsom/CED projects along with building permanent facilities for field sports.
the business man in me understands that you need to harden the core and stay focused on the rev generator, and then, once that's done, go into expansion mode that's paid for by said cash cow. the fan in me wants additional compelling options to watch.

the business man in me understands that you need to harden the core and stay focused on the rev generator, and then, once that's done, go into expansion mode that's paid for by said cash cow. the fan in me wants additional compelling options to watch.
Exactly. As a fan, I want my damn monorail connecting all of CU's world class venues that offer every NCAA sport like it was ready to host the next Olympics (both summer and winter). But I suspect it's not reasonable for this vision of mine to be in RG's 5 year plan. :D

She got a multi-year contract, right?

I couldn't find much detail (assume others are far better at this than I am), but at least as of early this year it sounds like she might (???) have had a multi-year per the cubuffs.com article (https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/2/9/g...trong-positive-step-for-cu.aspx?path=football) that came out in February after the State lifted the limit of number of multi-year contracts and CU had had time to negotiate, sign and approve all the coaches' contracts. (The article says in part "But what the latest move also means is that CU's highly successful coaches in other sports — Wetmore, Kelly, volleyball coach Jesse Mahoney, women's lacrosse coach Ann Elliott, soccer coach Danny Sanchez, to name a few — also have the security of multi-year contracts.")

She isn't listed at all in the more detailed Buffzone article that came out the same day (http://www.buffzone.com/football-cu...s-coaching-staff-receive-mulit-year-contracts) that listed (I assume) who DID get extensions/ contracts at that time, but it does list one of her assistants receiving a 2 year contract then. (Assume it might have had to do with contract cycles and her season just starting at that time? Or, maybe she had one of the five long-term contracts in place before the law change? No idea really.)

Obviously not directly lacrosse-related, but sounds like now graduated Buff lacrosse star Sarah Brown (assume singing with a couple sisters) had a cool experience yesterday evening.

Last edited:
Fall (off-season) scrimmage schedule announced-

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/9/7/lacrosse-elliott-announces-2018-fall-schedule.aspx

"

2018 FALL SCHEDULE
DateOpponent/EventLocationTime (MT)
Sept. 15AlumniBOULDER9 a.m.
Oct. 20Wagner Play DayWagnerTBD
Oct. 21Play Day For JuliaHofstraTBD
Oct. 27Play DayBOULDER9 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Home games in BOLD CAPS
*Dates and times subject to change

Boulder Play Day Schedule
DateOpponentTime (CT)
Oct. 27CU vs. Oregon9 a.m.
Oregon vs. Denver10:30 a.m.
Denver vs. CU12 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
"

Anyone an early riser? Going to be on campus for the football game and/ or volleyball matches anyway?

2018/19 frosh class of 11 announced. (May put more detail in the recruiting thread, especially if there are any previously unknown new Buffs within the 11.)

An Allbuff's voting opportunity-

Actual tweet (to vote for Coach Elliott) -

Last edited:
Looks like anyone with the time and inclination can stop off before the OSU football game (or if in Boulder for ANY reason) and watch Buffs lax scrimmage the Ducks starting at 9:00 and/ or DU starting at noon this Saturday.

"Inside Lacrosse" National pre-season awards and poll are out. (Never a big fan of these preseason things- but I guess since they exist better to be mentioned on them than not. Easily the best thing about them -they're a sign the season is getting closer to starting!)

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/12/18/lacrosse-buffs-earn-preseason-recognition.aspx

"
BOULDER — With the 2019 season less than two months away, the preseason awards have started to roll in for the University of Colorado lacrosse team as junior Julia Lisella and senior Miranda Stinson were named Inside Lacrosse Preseason Media All-Americans and the Buffs were picked No. 19 in the IL preseason poll.

Lisella was selected to the first team, while Stinson was named to the honorable mention team. Both played a big role in CU's success during the 2018 season, which saw the Buffaloes reach the second round of the NCAA Tournament after winning the inaugural regular season Pac-12 Championship with a 9-1 league mark.

The Buffs recorded a 14-6 mark in 2018 and return eight starters and 22 letterwinners. CU has also added 12 freshman to the roster. The season will open up on February 9 with the Buffs hosting Florida, which was picked seventh in the IL preseason poll. The complete schedule will be released once the Pac-12 Network schedule is finalized.
"

Back