What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

good luck to les. i've always liked the guy.

but, christmas is coming and i can't wait to see what we get from RG. so exciting.

good luck to les. i've always liked the guy.

but, christmas is coming and i can't wait to see what we get from RG. so exciting.
Got to have faith we don't get coal..
bad-kids-coal-christmas_8e1057f6cc172231.jpg

Louisville not-so-fast Update:

Filled jobs:

Louisville- Jeff Brohm jumps ship from Purdue. (h/t SewallBeach) No official announcement yet. UPDATE: Jeff Brohm says his departure is "completely false" .https://www.jconline.com/story/spor...ille-speculation-completely-false/2014781002/ Of course, that means he will be in Louisville by Dec. 1.

Open jobs:

BGSU- Mike Jinks the first casualty (h/t Mtn.)
Maryland- DJ Dirkin gets the hook for just one dead player, can you believe it? (h/t SewallBeach)
KU- Beaty out (h/t TSchek), Les Miles in play (h/t nik) Leavitt, and or Dan Enos (h/t onealcd). DJ Durkin was considered and discarded, apparently. KU boards alive with pleasure, speculating on flights to and from Kansas. Some say announcement soon. Les Miles? Jedd Fisch? Dirk Koetter? Stay tuned. UPDATE: Per Liver, and some outfit called SI, the Mad Hatter is going to be in Larrytown. Awaiting the offical grass-fed announcement.

Secondary Market:

Purdue- Brohm leaves for Louisville, or he stays.

Possibles:

USC- Helton on thin ice, Jack Del Rio rumors (h/t onealcd)
UCONN- Edsall not winning
CU- Channel 7 says he is gone at the end of the year. RG announces no decision made, AB goes into mini-meltdown mode. UPDATE: We are interested in a new HC, No More, No Les.
Rutgers- Chris Ash
Illinois- Lovie Smith
UNC- Larry Fedora
Okie Lite- The Mullet man
GT- Paul Johnson (h/t ahoelsken)
KjSU- Snydley may hang it up (h/t ahoelsken)
Vanderbilt- Derek Mason. (h/t ahoelsken), but nik says no movement until a new AD says Boo.

Other news:
Malzahn will stay apparently. (h/t TSchek)
DJ Durkin to get a $5MM buyout.
Major "Howdy Doody" Applewhite has close brush with death. Narrowly escapes being All-America DT Ed Oliver's sideline hors d'ouerve in gripping wardrobe dispute.

Last edited:
Reactions: wip
Louisville not-so-fast Update:

Filled jobs:

Louisville- Jeff Brohm jumps ship from Purdue. (h/t SewallBeach) No official announcement yet. UPDATE: Jeff Brohm says his departure is "completely false" .https://www.jconline.com/story/spor...ille-speculation-completely-false/2014781002/ Of course, that means he will be in Louisville by Dec. 1.

Open jobs:

BGSU- Mike Jinks the first casualty (h/t Mtn.)
Maryland- DJ Dirkin gets the hook for just one dead player, can you believe it? (h/t SewallBeach)
KU- Beaty out (h/t TSchek), Les Miles in play (h/t nik) Leavitt, and or Dan Enos (h/t onealcd). DJ Durkin was considered and discarded, apparently. KU boards alive with pleasure, speculating on flights to and from Kansas. Some say announcement soon. Les Miles? Jedd Fisch? Dirk Koetter? Stay tuned. UPDATE: Per Liver, and some outfit called SI, the Mad Hatter is going to be in Larrytown. Awaiting the offical grass-fed announcement.

Secondary Market:

Purdue- Brohm leaves for Louisville, or he stays.

Possibles:

USC- Helton on thin ice, Jack Del Rio rumors (h/t onealcd)
UCONN- Edsall not winning
CU- Channel 7 says he is gone at the end of the year. RG announces no decision made, AB goes into mini-meltdown mode. UPDATE: We are interested in a new HC, No More, No Les.
Rutgers- Chris Ash
Illinois- Lovie Smith
UNC- Larry Fedora
Okie Lite- The Mullet man
GT- Paul Johnson (h/t ahoelsken)
KjSU- Snydley may hang it up (h/t ahoelsken)

Other news:
Malzahn will stay apparently. (h/t TSchek)
DJ Durkin to get a $5MM buyout.
Major "Howdy Doody" Applewhite has close brush with death. Narrowly escapes being All-America DT Ed Oliver's sideline hors d'ouerve in gripping wardrobe dispute.

Vandy as a possible opening?

That's the kind of thing that ends it.

One thing I know about certain elite programs is that they're damn near bulletproof in certain areas because the brand is so strong and established.

USC could do something insanely stupid like hire me as their head coach and would still sign a Top 25 class. (Same with UCLA in basketball.) It's almost impossible to struggle in recruiting at a place like that. So if that's going on then they have no choice but to fire him.

USC could do something insanely stupid like hire me as their head coach and would still sign a Top 25 class. (Same with UCLA in basketball.) It's almost impossible to struggle in recruiting at a place like that. So if that's going on then they have no choice but to fire him.

CU should be Top 25 in almost everything but the problem is Boulder and some of the people therein.

If Georgia Tech or Vandy open up, then we could part ways with MM in a smooth quiet way because he would want one of those jobs in a heartbeat!!!

This IS the Coaching Carousel thread and Les Miles has connections to CU and CU could be looking for a HC behind the scenes right now for all we know. Flight Tracker threads are entertaining so why not ?
The Coaching Carousel thread tends to be one of the more interesting threads every year IMO.
I agree with all....totally entertaining. I was merely following on to some questions about how delusional OTHER fans are by constantly tracking flights to/from their school. But then WE track THEIR tracking and make comments about it on OUR board. I found it amusing.

Maybe we should at look across different sports for a head coach. You think recruits would react a world series ring or a Daytona 500 win?

Back