What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 class Olympic sports signing news (Early signing period starts 11/8, Soccer 2/7, Regular 4/11)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
With Wednesday being the start of the early signing period, thought I'd start this thread to post any news (tweets, articles, pictures, videos, etc.) of future Olympic Sport Buffs officially signing their National Letters of Intents (NLI's).

NOTE- I am going to be in HEAVY travel (and then recovery from travel) mode the next few days, so I may not be able to update this thread with the new signing news as timely as I have in past years. I will update as I have the chance and of course, as always, if any of you see anything, please feel free to post it.

The main purpose of this thread is NOT to post news of newly found commitments, which is already covered in the http://www.allbuffs.com/threads/recruiting-news-olympic-sports.101643/ thread. However, If any new (unknown to us) commits do pop up during the signing process, especially during the early signing days, I'll probably post them both places. Although I'm starting this thread right before the start of the early signing period, I think we can (and I will) use this thread to report on ANY 2018 class signings throughout ALL the signing periods.

As noted in the above linked recruiting thread, signing dates for the Olympic sports are (Source- http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/future.html):
For all but soccer, Olympic sport NCAA formal signing periods are:
Early Signing Period: November 8 - November 15, 2017 (Same as basketball)
Regular Signing Period: April 11 - August 1, 2018

Now that football has instituted an early signing period, only Soccer and men's water polo still only have one signing period, which is for this 2018 class- Feb. 7 through August 1st 2018

For ease of reference, from the main recruiting thread, expected commitments for next academic year (2018/19) we know about so far that could be signing as early as tomorrow are:
(Note- it seems team sport athletes commit and in many cases sign much earlier than those in individual sports, so expect more individual sport athletes to become known and sign as the year goes on. Also, of course, circumstances change, so assume some verbal commits listed below below may not end up as Buffs.) :

Cross Country/ Track:

Buff T&F commitments_2018 class only_2017-11-07.gif

Known to have Signed NLI - Hill, Fendel, Cody
Previously unknown signee - Farmer, Nash

Golf (Men's & Women's):

Buff Golf commitments_2018 class only_2017-11-07.gif

Known to have Signed NLI- Bouraeda, Jack, Matteson, Max-Holte
Additional previously unknown commitment signees - Kelsey Webster (Women's), John Paterson (Men's)

Lacrosse:

Buff lacrosse commitments_2018 class only_2017-11-07.gif

Known to have Signed NLI- Stave, Robbins, Burnside, Rudy, Hawkins, O'Connor, Phillips, Schwartz, Willard
Previously unknown signee- Braun

Skiing:

none known

Soccer

(as noted above, this is one Olympic sport for which players can't sign until later (Feb. 7th)):
Buff soccer commitments_2018 class only_2017-11-07.gif

Known to have Signed NLI-

Tennis:

None known
Previously unknown signee- Megan Forster

Volleyball:

Buff volleyball commitments_2018 class only_2017-11-07.gif

Known to have Signed NLI- Moger, Ewert

Last edited:
Haven't found much news yet, but looks like one of the two known 2018 volleyball Buff verbal commits has signed. So, we can give an OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to middle blocker Allier Moger!

And the 2nd of the known volleyball 2018 commits is signed. Official welcome and congrats to Ms. Ewart!

1st signing I've found from 1 of the 9 known verbal lacrosse commits. Welcome and congrats to Ms. Stave!

And the 2nd of the known volleyball 2018 commits is signed. Official welcome and congrats to Ms. Ewart!

Found a Youtube video showing a few pictures and snippets of Ms. Ewart's signing ceremony, followed by an ~2 minute interview asking her about joining the Buffs, etc. (Also including the tweet that helped me find the video).

Found a tweet showing the 2nd known formal commitment of a future CU lacrosse player, class of 2018.

Welcome and congrats to Sabrina Robbins for signing with the Buffs!

Men's Golf has formally announced 3 new 2018 Buffs, of which the recruiting thread had already discussed 2 and one (Scotland's John Paterson) I didn't know about previously.

Welcome and congrats to Mr. Paterson, Adam Matteson, and Kristoffer Max-Holte for signing to join the Buffs!

And the 3rd men's golfer the Recruiting thread had already noted as a verbal commit is now also signed.

Welcome and congrats to (Denver's) Oliver Jack for signing with the Buffs!

Another class of 2018/19 lacrosse player signing in. Welcome and congrats to Kate Burnside!

And, another 2018/19 lacrosse commit looks to have signed in- official congrats and welcome to Charlie Rudy!

Slowly but surely seeing the lacrosse commits signing. Official welcome and congrats to the latest to do so- Bailey Hawkins!

Evidence for the 6th lacrosse 2018 commit's signing found. Official welcome and congrats to defender Catherine O'Connor!

In addition to the above about the new lacrosse signee, wanted to mention we now have Buff confirmation for all 7 of the known (as of now) track and field/ cross country signings through various means. Olympic sport social media MVP/ jumps and multi-events coach Lindsey Malone tweeted about her 4 commits, while CU Track and Field sent out the below Instagram about the 3 middle distance/ distance runner signees.

Lacrosse, earlier today, posted 10 individual Instagrams (their account - https://www.instagram.com/cubuffswlax/) formally announcing its 10 signers to date for next academic year's class (2018/19 academic year). One was not known to me at all, while 3 were known but I hadn't found confirmation yet on their signing to become Buffs. So, I'm pasting those 4 Instagrams below.
(I won't paste the Insta's here for the six I'd already confirmed to have signed in earlier posts to this thread. (They do each have nice "Why I chose CU" quotes, so recommend fans check them out.))

1st, welcome and congrats to the one player I (and the laxpower recruit database) didn't know was going to be a Buff commit- Kasey Braun from Healdsburg California !

And, official welcome and congrats to the 3 players I hadn't found confirmation yet on their signing to become Buffs, Ms's. Phillips, Schwartz and Willard!

Just wanted to bump this thread with the soccer signing period starting tomorrow.

Ahead of soccer signing news starting, one (or the main?) source for soccer signing news is topdrawersoccer (https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/hig...e/2018-national-signing-day-coverage_aid43774) . Last year, the unknown news on signing day for the Buffs was more transfer news than signings. (For the 1st time in a few years, I haven't heard of any transfer "action" either incoming or outgoing for CU so far this year.)

They also, of course, have a twitter account- https://twitter.com/topdrawersoccer .

Just from doing some twitter searches, looks like Emily Groark, one of four known soccer class of 2018 verbal commits, is now signed.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to her!

1st previously unknown soccer formal commit (at least to Allbuffs), and it's a transfer.

Welcome and congrats to Sofia Weiner!

(More detail I or anyone else finds for her will be added to the Olympic sport transfer thread.)

All 4 known verbal commits are now on board, as soccer posted the below tweets (with highlights)-

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to Chaynee Kingsbury, Kayleigh Webb and Jesse Loren!

(The only player they haven't formally announced is the one I 1st tweeted about today, so assume it's just some paperwork thing.)

Don't know how much activity there will be, but bumping this thread since today is the start of the "regular" signing period for all the Olympic sports except soccer.

Just noticed I missed that track and field announced some days ago a couple future Buffs (both Coloradans) had signed their NLI's, neither of which I had not known about previously - hurdler Kylie Davis and distance runner Elizabeth Constien.

Welcome and congrats to both of them!

(As with other newly discovered future Buffs, I will put more info on them in the regular recruiting thread (https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/recruiting-news-olympic-sports.101643/page-13) later.)

Last edited:
Back