What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 College Football News

TDforTD

Club Member
Club Member
Not a big surprise but RB Guice, OL Weathersby, OL Will Clapp, DE Arden Key, DB Kevin Tolliver, and DB Donte Jackson are all declaring early from LSU. In addition, they are changing their OC and have a brutal schedule ahead.

Michigan State has 21 returning starters including RB LJ Scott. They get Penn State on the road but Ohio State and Michigan at home and they avoid Wisconsin.

Clemson and Georgia will be in the playoff hunt again as well.

We will let the season play out for fun but Ohio State and Alabama should both be at their maximum level now that they have moved on from the QBs holding them back. I’m scared. Hoping to see Tate Martell win the starting job for tOSU.

MSU lost their defensive coordinator to Florida though which could be rough. I fully expect Michigan to be improved next year too, they were young as well but talented this year.

Would not surprise me at all if Washington makes a run next year. If they can beat Auburn to open the season (should be a fun game), their schedule is pretty manageable, especially with getting Stanford at home.

OTOH, USC has three road trips in September (Stanford, Texas, and Arizona). Those Texas and Zona games could be in brutal heat. Add in a road trip to Utah and that's a pretty tough road schedule.

It ended poorly for them in 2017, but Miami has to be considered a playoff contender in 2018.

LSU loses 6 early entrants to the NFL draft, next year could get pretty rough for O.

In the Big 12, West Virginia will be a team to watch. Grier is probably the best QB in the conference and they get both TCU and Oklahoma at home.

MSU is also Mississippi State University (MSU)
That was actually my point and why I thought he was confused.....

Michigan St's defense is always going to be pretty good as long as D'Antonio is there. However, if more guys depart for FSU, it might get painful.

That was actually my point and why I thought he was confused.....

Michigan St's defense is always going to be pretty good as long as D'Antonio is there. However, if more guys depart for FSU, it might get painful.
Michigan State took a hit when Narduzzi left. I am not saying they are going to be terrible, it just might cost them in terms of competing for a Big-10 title and playoff spot. I believe the d-line coach is also going to Florida State.

Ohio State has the #1, #3, and #4 ranked DTs in the nation in this recruiting class as well as the #1 JUCO DT. Their average recruit rating of .9427 is almost higher than #15 Oregon’s highest rated recruit. Lol.

Ohio State has the #1, #3, and #4 ranked DTs in the nation in this recruiting class as well as the #1 JUCO DT. Their average recruit rating of .9427 is almost higher than #15 Oregon’s highest rated recruit. Lol.

That is sick, can only dream of cu getting 2 DT's like that.

Illinois has lost 15 scholarship players to attrition since the season ended. 8 on defense including 4 DBs and 3 LBs. 7 on offense including 2 QBs and 3 WRs.
I thought maybe Lovie was cleaning house. But it's his 2nd offseason, so that would be unusual timing. Reads more like players jumping off a sinking ship.

Tanner Lee goes 8/19 for 86 yards and a pick in the Senior Bowl. Good call leaving school early.

Speaking of which, the guy is a Junior playing in the Senior Bowl, what's up with that? Do they let redshirts juniors play in the game?

Last edited:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...ects-will-go-to-college/ar-BBIlnTu?li=BBnba9I

"In February 2016, the high schoolers made their college decisions and Bigsby found that their Twitter usage was the third-highest predictor of those choices. First was whether they took an official visit to a school. Second was the proximity of their home to that school."

A Unoversity of Iowa Doctoral candidate is getting a lot of attention for a study on the reasons football players commit. Twitter use is #3.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...ects-will-go-to-college/ar-BBIlnTu?li=BBnba9I

"In February 2016, the high schoolers made their college decisions and Bigsby found that their Twitter usage was the third-highest predictor of those choices. First was whether they took an official visit to a school. Second was the proximity of their home to that school."

A Unoversity of Iowa Doctoral candidate is getting a lot of attention for a study on the reasons football players commit. Twitter use is #3.
Thanks for sharing! That's great info!

I wouldn't mind this.

Before I responded, the first thing I checked for is part of the proposal: However, athletes would not be permitted to follow the departing coach to their new program.

That's key for me. I support this.

The other thing I looked for was also in there (the domino effect and how other current rules would no longer work if this change was enacted): Pollard admitted adjustments would have to be made in football recruiting limitations (25 scholarships per year) if a school lost transfers in any of the above scenarios.

Also, the subsequent impact on a departure to a school's Academic Progress Rate would have to be considered. Mass transfers could potentially put a program's postseason eligibility at risk.

With all that in there, consider me on board if it makes its way to a final proposal. Very fair and empowering for the student-athletes.

Also should have an impact on resulting in a slower trigger on firing coaches & more job security in the profession -- which is very much needed. (I get caught up in that one at times and then in my more rational moments realize how insane it is how often we look at a HC who has had success but think he's run his course in 5 or 6 years because that success wasn't maintained or eclipsed in the past couple seasons. As I posted somewhere, Iowa has been genius with Ferentz while everyone has criticized them. They've paid what they can afford to lock up a good coach instead of giving in to a perpetual cycle of chasing the dragon.)

Back