What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

Stupid. We have precious few OOC games in the PAC. Big bummer, but not surprising.

Meh. This doesn’t really bother me much. I hope it’s worked out so that the years we play up in the fort are years where we have four conference home games. That will allow two OOC home games plus a short trip up North. Seven games a year where we don’t have to leave Colorado is ideal.

At least it's a two year break and a 2 year contract.

RG flopped here for a number of reasons IMO. One, CSU needs us a lot more than we need them. If they want to play us in football, its two games at Folsom for one game in whatever the hell the name of that Stadium is, and we only play them when it makes sense for us to play them. No more neutral site games, and no home and homes. If they don't like that, then there are plenty of other P5 schools who won't draw for their fans like we will (Vanderbilt-who got a second home game out of them........no idea why we can't do that, Texas Tech, and Arkansas to name a few). Two, I don't like the fact that we're playing them in 2023-that OOC slot should have been a bodybag. We're already going to TCU to open that year, and we play the Corn at Folsom the week before them. If we've gotta do something with them in the next decade, have it be 2024 (Boulder), 2025 (Fort Collins), and 2028 (Boulder). We've got North Dakota State in Boulder and Nebraska in Lincoln in 2024, so that would make sense. In 2025, its Georgia Tech at home. In 2028, its Kansas State at home.

Meh. This doesn’t really bother me much. I hope it’s worked out so that the years we play up in the fort are years where we have four conference home games. That will allow two OOC home games plus a short trip up North. Seven games a year where we don’t have to leave Colorado is ideal.

I'd rather not go up there at all. Sick of them. Let this series go on hiatus for 25 years.

Ack No. I'd rather play the Nubs for 20 years straight than that.
Pretty much a sellout in home years and easy travel in away years with games we'll win 80% of the time while getting a ton of local press for the program and even some national tv interest. Neither, though, is an annual game which then keeps it from a certain level of rivalry consideration.

What's not to like?

Pretty much a sellout in home years and easy travel in away years with games we'll win 80% of the time while getting a ton of local press for the program and even some national tv interest. Neither, though, is an annual game which then keeps it from a certain level of rivalry consideration.

What's not to like?

listening to them bleat non stop for 365 days in the years we lose

What's not to like?

We are not scheduling up like the rest of the conference. TCU and A&M were a good start, now it just seems like we are content with regional matchups or mediocre teams (K-State, Minnesota, Georgia Tech).

I'm curious what other non-Pac schools can draw the crowd for CU that CSU does, and are also willing to have a home-and-home with us.

I'm sure NU and A&M will both draw well, but since I've been following CU (2014) I have yet to see an OOC P5 team come to Folsom. Compound that with reports (rumors?) of the NU game and/or the A&M game moving to Denver, I'm suspicious that a lot of P5 schools aren't interested in a home-and-home with us.

I'm curious what other non-Pac schools can draw the crowd for CU that CSU does, and are also willing to have a home-and-home with us.

I'm sure NU and A&M will both draw well, but since I've been following CU (2014) I have yet to see an OOC P5 team come to Folsom. Compound that with reports (rumors?) of the NU game and/or the A&M game moving to Denver, I'm suspicious that a lot of P5 schools aren't interested in a home-and-home with us.
Georgia was probably the best non-con game we've had in Folsom. That fan base rocks. MORE GAMES LIKE THAT PLEASE.

West Virginia was also good.
Also very good. The end result of that game was so bad for the program it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But yea, more fun teams from out east or down south need to come visit. Preferably ones with sweet, alcoholic fan bases.

@hokiehead - this has been part of the challenge of switching to the Pac-12 while having CSU as a neutral site game.

Since the Pac-12 is 9 conference games, it makes things hard. Big 12 was 8 conference games when we were in it and signed that CSU at Mile High deal.

What that has meant is:

Odd year = 5 P12 home games, 4 P12 away games, 1 neutral game, 2 openings. 1 of the 2 openings had to be at home to give 6 for season tix.
Even year = 4 P12 home games, 5 P12 away games, 1 neutral game, 2 openings. 2 of the 2 openings had to be at home to give 6 for season tix.

When 3/4 of your openings for non-conference games have to be at home it means you have to schedule body a body bag game every year and then there's room for 1 home/away series with a peer program. It really shrunk the volume of decent opponents we've been able to see at Folsom. Especially since we even had 1 year when Cal was previously scheduled and treated as a non-conference game by the Pac-12.

Georgia was probably the best non-con game we've had in Folsom. That fan base rocks. MORE GAMES LIKE THAT PLEASE.
visiting SEC fan bases are fun. here's a report from the first time VT hosted one -- my SIL was one of the 15 arrested that night (was drunk, mouthed off to the cops instead of staggering home like everyone else. no surprise, even sober, bitch can't keep it shut)

@hokiehead - this has been part of the challenge of switching to the Pac-12 while having CSU as a neutral site game.

Since the Pac-12 is 9 conference games, it makes things hard. Big 12 was 8 conference games when we were in it and signed that CSU at Mile High deal.

What that has meant is:

Odd year = 5 P12 home games, 4 P12 away games, 1 neutral game, 2 openings. 1 of the 2 openings had to be at home to give 6 for season tix.
Even year = 4 P12 home games, 5 P12 away games, 1 neutral game, 2 openings. 2 of the 2 openings had to be at home to give 6 for season tix.

When 3/4 of your openings for non-conference games have to be at home it means you have to schedule body a body bag game every year and then there's room for 1 home/away series with a peer program. It really shrunk the volume of decent opponents we've been able to see at Folsom. Especially since we even had 1 year when Cal was previously scheduled and treated as a non-conference game by the Pac-12.
yep, you're right. seems like a problem for every Pac team except USC. time to reopen the 8/9 game conference schedule debate?

yep, you're right. seems like a problem for every Pac team except USC. time to reopen the 8/9 game conference schedule debate?
3 openings works fine. Even if we played CSU every year home/away that would give us 5H/5A as a baseline so we can schedule 2 peers every season instead of our current 1 peer.

Nebraska will be the first non Pac 12 team to play in Boulder since Georgia did in 2010. Three reasons for that-One, this program was one of the worst in the power 5 leagues at the time the move to the Pac 12 was made. Two, we lost an out of conference slot in that move. Three, this ****ing contract has hamstrung us when it comes to out of conference scheduling.

I don't think we'll see either of the NU games or the A&M game here moved to Denver. I'm sure that's somewhat normal when it comes to out of conference scheduling now-a-days (I'm sure Georgia Tech could move our game with them down there to Mercedes Benz Stadium if they wanted to as an example).

USC doesn't play Notre Dame on a neutral field. That argument doesn't work here.
I was referring to the problem of Pac12 teams scheduling home-and-home series with other P5 schools and how USC seems to be the only one immune from that (I'll allow you to round up and consider ND's 5/8 status to count as a P5 team).

What's not to like?

Two things-One, I love the idea of playing Air Force, and I'd have no problem with two games at Falcon Stadium for two games at Folsom. I can't wait for that game next year. As far as CSU-I'd rather lose to TCU or Northwestern than play them at all. The game doesn't get any sort of coverage of note from the local media right now-they're more interested in the scrimmage the Broncos and Cardinals will play than the RMS. This game needs to go on hiatus for the time being. Two years isn't good enough. Let me make one more point-****ing Vanderbilt got two games in Nashville for one trip to Fort Collins. Why can't we do that? Two at home for one in FoCo-or don't play it at all.

Back