What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

I had an ex girlfriend who broke into my apartment, copied a phone number for a new woman I liked, called the new squeeze, and told the new lady that crazy was my true girlfriend and to stay away from me. That sucked. I really liked the new one.

Then... same crazy ex gf broke into my apartment building in the early AM while in bed with different lady demanding to be let into my apartment. Woke up the neighbors. Police were summoned. That sucked. I really liked that new one too.

The police talked her down and she ended up getting counseling. Even though her actions during and after our relationship were threatening and emotionally abusive, I don’t think she should lose her job 16 years later.

I had an ex girlfriend who broke into my apartment, copied a phone number for a new woman I liked, called the new squeeze, and told the new lady that crazy was my true girlfriend and to stay away from me. That sucked. I really liked the new one.

Then... same crazy ex gf broke into my apartment building in the early AM while in bed with different lady demanding to be let into my apartment. Woke up the neighbors. Police were summoned. That sucked. I really liked that new one too.

The police talked her down and she ended up getting counseling. Even though her actions during and after our relationship were threatening and emotionally abusive, I don’t think she should lose her job 16 years later.
donna-twitter-6.gif

Not a ton of great news for the 2018 class of Buffaloes outside of Phil:
  • Phillip Lindsay is a Bronco (yes, Captain Obvious starting here)
  • Isaiah Oliver, drafted in the second round by the Falcons, makes the roster. Appears to have had an up and down camp and preseason. Made some great plays, everyone loves his size and skills. Appears to have made some obvious mistakes along with the way, too.
  • Afolabi Laguda was waived by the Rams, then put on the IR.
  • Devin Ross gets hurt in the final preseason game. Reached an injury settlement with the Titans to become a FA and not spend the whole year on the IR.
  • Shay Fields did not make the 53 man roster for the Redskins
  • Bryce Bobo did not make the 53 man roster for the Broncos
  • Jeremy Irwin was waived back in May by the Saints, doesn't appear he landed with another team
Here's to wishing these guys the best as they continue to pursue their dreams in life.

I keep asking and researching but what happened to DMac? He’d gone to the Packer’s camp but I can’t find any mention of him. I assume he was let go early on.

https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/9/4/f...13-buffs-open-2018-season-on-nfl-rosters.aspx

13 Buffs on NFL rosters right now

• Lindsay - Denver
  • Crosby - Packers
  • Munyer - Cardinals
  • Tupou - Bengals
  • Solder - Giants
  • Smith - Ravens
  • Bahktiari - Packers
  • Richardson - Redskins
  • Oliver - Falcons
  • Witherspoon - 49ers
  • Awuzie - Cowboys
  • Thompson - Seahawks
  • Crawley - Saints

I did love this gem at the bottom.

Notes: Five defensive backs that played for Coach Mike MacIntyre at Colorado are now on NFL rosters (the last 5 listed above) . With the addition of Isaiah Oliver's $4.6 million contract, their rookie deals are worth a combined $17.5 million.

CU IS DBU!

Give the article a read - it gives details on most of them.

Last edited:
There's quite a bit of buzz around Chido in Dallas. I think I've seen people say that he could be in the Pro Bowl conversation this year.

https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/9/4/f...13-buffs-open-2018-season-on-nfl-rosters.aspx

13 Buffs on NFL rosters right now

• Lindsay - Denver
  • Crosby - Packers
  • Munyer - Cardinals
  • Tupou - Bengals
  • Solder - Giants
  • Smith - Ravens
  • Bahktiari - Packers
  • Richardson - Redskins
  • Oliver - Falcons
  • Witherspoon - 49ers
  • Awuzie - Cowboys
  • Thompson - Seahawks
  • Crawley - Saints

I did love this gem at the bottom.

CU IS DBU!

Give the article a read - it gives details on most of them.
Laguda get cut?

Of those three DB’s on that 2016 squad, Tedric was my favorite. Dude had a knack for finding the football.

Laguda get cut?
Not a ton of great news for the 2018 class of Buffaloes outside of Phil:
  • Phillip Lindsay is a Bronco (yes, Captain Obvious starting here)
  • Isaiah Oliver, drafted in the second round by the Falcons, makes the roster. Appears to have had an up and down camp and preseason. Made some great plays, everyone loves his size and skills. Appears to have made some obvious mistakes along with the way, too.
  • Afolabi Laguda was waived by the Rams, then put on the IR.
  • Devin Ross gets hurt in the final preseason game. Reached an injury settlement with the Titans to become a FA and not spend the whole year on the IR.
  • Shay Fields did not make the 53 man roster for the Redskins
  • Bryce Bobo did not make the 53 man roster for the Broncos
  • Jeremy Irwin was waived back in May by the Saints, doesn't appear he landed with another team
Here's to wishing these guys the best as they continue to pursue their dreams in life.

Notes: Five defensive backs that played for Coach Mike MacIntyre at Colorado are now on NFL rosters (the last 5 listed above) . With the addition of Isaiah Oliver's $4.6 million contract, their rookie deals are worth a combined $17.5 million.
That's the quote that you save for your last home visit to the DB recruits.

Then, while they and their parents process that, you pick up your coffee.

Saw that play. He did something that is foreign to db's these days. He actually turned and located the football on a go route :eek:. :D

I didn't see the game but was listening to sports talk radio today and I guess Witherspoon got beat multiple times and was pulled from the game. It kinda sounds like he lost his starting position Sunday.

Phil was on Golic for awhile this morning on ESPN radio. Talked about his family, his production at CU etc. Phil was awesome. I suspect a lot more Phillip Lindsay coverage to come

I didn't see the game but was listening to sports talk radio today and I guess Witherspoon got beat multiple times and was pulled from the game. It kinda sounds like he lost his starting position Sunday.
I read that he has been working on a bad ankle and they kept sending him out there. Definitely worth monitoring though.

I was reading a review of the Giants-Cowboys game tonight. So glad for the Buffs success this year because as a Giants fan I get zip. From the game reviewer on BigBlueInteractive.com, David Syvertsen, aka Sy'56, has worked for Ourlads Scouting LLC since 2013, now a lead scout for one the most-sold NFL draft guides year-in, year-out. He has been scouting for over 10 years and will compile anywhere from 400-600 scouting reports per season. He watches and studies game films 20-25 hours per week with his main focus being NFL Draft prospects.

-Get to know the name Chidobe Awuzie. DAL second year CB is going to be considered one of the best in the game within a year or two. He matched Beckham step for step several times in coverage on all levels, both laterally and vertically. He is great at making adjustments to the ball and he is one of the most physical tacklers in the league at the position.

AFC WEST

i
Denver Broncos
The surprise: The other rookie leading the team in rushing.
The verdict: REAL. Phillip Lindsay, who graduated from high school just a few miles from the Broncos' home stadium, became the first undrafted player in league history to have at least 100 yards from scrimmage in his first two games. He has gotten more touches than third-round pick Royce Freeman. He was a roster longshot when the offseason program opened, but two weeks into the season, the Broncos should now look at him as a primary option as both a runner and a receiver. Lindsay is only 5-foot-8, 190 pounds, so Denver can't use him as a lug-the-rock back with a heavy workload. This isn't just a feel-good, local-kid-plays-for-the-Broncos story, however: Lindsay is the real deal. -- Jeff Legwold
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eason-all-32-teams-rating-whether-real-mirage

Back