What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Offseason News: Pac-12 & CU Opponents

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Here's a strange one for the Nubs.

I'm actually upset at this. I was hoping he'd be starting at QB for them in our game.

Who the hell is going to draft this guy?

Here's a strange one for the Nubs.

I'm actually upset at this. I was hoping he'd be starting at QB for them in our game.

Who the hell is going to draft this guy?

:ROFLMAO:

I am guessing Frost told him in no uncertain terms he would see the field as QB if, and only if, every other skill position player on the nub roster was in jail, sick or lost at sea. I was very much hoping he would be the QB for the niblets next year.

NFL scouts were high on him before this season, and from NU fans claim, he apparently wasn't really at fault for a lot of his mistakes. But yeah, the possibility of facing him seemed a good thing to me. He wasn't a fit for Frost's offense so I guess that was the decision he was left with.

Warning: better sit down before reading this breaking news. Truly shocking.

If I was coaching one of these guys, I don't know I could tell them, with a straight face, it would be best if they came back. You can always go back later and get a degree. Say you go back and get ****ed up, then there is an issue.

Pretty crazy how quickly qbs get lost in the shuffle at USC. Jack sears is a stud IMO and people aren’t even mentioning him as the starter for next year, they all just assume Daniels will be the starter as a true freshman.

Pretty crazy how quickly qbs get lost in the shuffle at USC. Jack sears is a stud IMO and people aren’t even mentioning him as the starter for next year, they all just assume Daniels will be the starter as a true freshman.

gotta remember Darnold didn't even win the job originally, Max Browne did. Helton had to watch his offense look pathetic before going to Darnold.

You’ll have your chance in Vegas to make significant profits if you genuinely think USC is 7-5 next year.

At Stanford
At Texas
At Utah
Notre Dame
Bowl loss

That’s how I was getting to 5 losses. I thought Darnold was their best player on the field this year. Before he won the starting job, USC had a very pedestrian record. Helton is a good assistant, but not a good head coach.

Before Darnold was the starter in 2016, they were 1-2 with losses to Alabama (Dallas) and highly ranked Stanford (OTR). In his first start Darnold lost to Utah on the road. They didn’t lose after that.

If USC is 8-4 in the 2018 regular season as you say, I don’t see Helton getting canned, especially since his QB will likely be a fr/so player with little experience.

USC has opted to keep Helton as a philosophical choice. With recruiting still going well, I think he stays so long as he gets 8+ wins a season.

At Stanford
At Texas
At Utah
Notre Dame
Bowl loss

That’s how I was getting to 5 losses. I thought Darnold was their best player on the field this year. Before he won the starting job, USC had a very pedestrian record. Helton is a good assistant, but not a good head coach.

Before Darnold was the starter in 2016, they were 1-2 with losses to Alabama (Dallas) and highly ranked Stanford (OTR). In his first start Darnold lost to Utah on the road. They didn’t lose after that.

If USC is 8-4 in the 2018 regular season as you say, I don’t see Helton getting canned, especially since his QB will likely be a fr/so player with little experience.

USC has opted to keep Helton as a philosophical choice. With recruiting still going well, I think he stays so long as he gets 8+ wins a season.
It doesn't really matter if they have a young QB or not, 8-4 at USC is a huge disappointment and he would be fired. There are older QB's there that could play like Fink and Sears. You cannot win 8 games there while consistently recruiting the players they do and expect to keep your job. I also think a bigger factor in this will be UCLA hiring Chip, USC will never accept playing second fiddle in anything football related to UCLA and will want to bring in a big name coach to bring attention back their way.

I love it - the guy has 4 conference losses in 3 years, won the Rose Bowl and finished #3 in the final polls last year, and won USC's first conference championship in a decade this year but suddenly they're playing 2nd fiddle to UCLA (who also lost their starting QB btw) and is looking at 5 possible losses next year.

Some of you guys can make any coach look bad.

Last edited:
I love it - the guy has 4 conference losses in 3 years, won the Rose Bowl and finished #3 in the final polls last year, and won USC's first conference championship in a decade this year but suddenly they're playing 2nd fiddle to UCLA (who also lost their starting QB btw) and is looking at 5 possible losses last year.

Some of you guys can make any coach look bad.
I said if he wins only 8 games. I mean ASU and Arizona just fired both of their coached for winning 7 so I wouldn't say that crazy at all. UCLA won the coaching carousel this year and is getting a ton of attention around the country, you don't think that pisses of the USC fanbase and admin?

USC has a top notch recruiting class and is coming off of a conference win. The P12 south is in disarray. Helton brings them a calming consistency. They’ll be fine and Helton stays with 8+ wins because their AD isn’t hyper reactionary.

I said if he wins only 8 games. I mean ASU and Arizona just fired both of their coached for winning 7 so I wouldn't say that crazy at all. UCLA won the coaching carousel this year and is getting a ton of attention around the country, you don't think that pisses of the USC fanbase and admin?

USC has a top notch recruiting class and is coming off of a conference win. The P12 south is in disarray. Helton brings them a calming consistency. They’ll be fine and Helton stays with 8+ wins because their AD isn’t hyper reactionary.
USC always has top notch recruiting classes coming in. Winning the conference this year is all good and everything but they still lost 2 regular season games including an embarrassing loss to an arch rival and an average WSU team. That performance in the Cotton Bowl doesn't help at all either. All of these losses came in a year where most thought they were a playoff team and they clearly didn't meet those expectations. Yes it sounds crazy that a team that went 11-3 and finished in the teens won't meet expectations but that is what happened this year. Then if they only win 8 games next year that would be way below expectations for that program for a coach that was hired from an interim spot that no one really wanted at a program that should be able to hire whoever the hell they want to. To me, that means he would be gone in a heartbeat.

I don't really see that as reactionary. If you are the USC AD and see UCLA hired the biggest name in college football this year and then you guys are sitting with an OC who was elevated from an interim basis it will definitely influence your decision.

Graham and Rodriguez had each been in their job 6 years - how many Rose Bowls or conference titles did those guys win? ASU made a huge mistake firing Graham and hiring Herm IMO and if you think Arizona fired Rodriquez for only winning 7 games this year then you haven't been paying attention.

UCLA won the coaching carousel? If USC is more concerned with that than actually winning games then they're the dumbest program in the country - I don't think they are.

Back