What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

In before obligatory," we don't need them play it on campus on Saturday afternoon post.".

Say it every year, but if there was ever a RMS matchup that should be an absolute blowout, this year is it. Talented upperclassmen at just about every level of the defense, an experienced upperclassmen QB, a solid RB group and an extremely talented WR corps. OL is really the only question mark, but assuming we have Lynott back, I'm not as worried about that group for week one.

Say it every year, but if there was ever a RMS matchup that should be an absolute blowout, this year is it. Talented upperclassmen at just about every level of the defense, an experienced upperclassmen QB, a solid RB group and an extremely talented WR corps. OL is really the only question mark, but assuming we have Lynott back, I'm not as worried about that group for week one.
I agree. And I think if we struggle like last year, we're likely in for another long season.

Our expectations should be high this year. I'm not interested in hearing about the OL excuse. Get it figured out Adams.

I believe the best chance CSU had at beating CU was three years ago. The trajectory of the two programs since then has been in opposite directions. This year in particular is setting up to be an epic beat down.

That said, CU often finds a way to **** the bed in this game, so I’ll refrain from making any actual predictions.

I agree. And I think if we struggle like last year, we're likely in for another long season.

Our expectations should be high this year. I'm not interested in hearing about the OL excuse. Get it figured out Adams.
I am encouraged by the good reports on Moretti. If he can hold down the LT spot, Haigler at RT Lynott at LG or C, I think CU has a chance to be a bowl team. People keep talking about Purcell, but until I see him in action, or any of the other younger players, I am going to look at these things with a grain of salt. The "best OL we have had around here in years" BS is still ringing in my ears.

Fact is, OL has been a recruiting problem. There just are not enough P12 caliber OL in the program now. Year six of MikMac's run, that is hard to swallow. Pretty much everywhere but OL and TE, CU has P12 talent and depth. Maybe not SC talent and depth, but certainly enough to be a .500 P12 team. IF CU falters, it will be for lack of OL play.

should use this game as a tune up or preparation for the little red. Hopefully the team doesn't look ahead, that's when we **** the bed.

I hate having to go to sports bars for Buffs games on obscure channels. It always ends with me annoying the hell out of some poor waitress.

So I can't just show up in your living room with a case of beer and some chips?

I hope that Mac 1 get's in his ear about how the Rams are like playing your JV team and that this team needs to be very sharp for the ButtHuskers.
I expect to destroy them and go vanilla and still kill them by a ton even after resting some players, especially Montez if possible.
If we struggle against CSU, then I will be super nervous about the Red Team to our East.

Back