1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 WBB Recruit Profile Index

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by Goose, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  2. Goose

buffgal likes this.
  3. Goose

And hat tips to @EdB60 & @buffgal

I'll try to knock some profiles out today.

EdB60 and buffgal like this.
  4. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Coaching staff is getting after it.

5. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Offer made to 6'4"-6'5" 2018 C/PF Misty Dossey, who plays at Comanche HS, Comanche, OK, and for the Blue Star Oklahoma Club out of Tulsa.

Named 3rd Team All-State, and looks to have averaged 20.1 points per game this past season- https://m.newsok.com/article/5544798/amp

Named to State All-Tournament Team after helping lead her team to the championship game- http://newsok.com/article/5541431

Was one of OKPreps finalists for State player of the year- http://okpreps.com/2017/03/15/vote-okpreps-player-of-the-year-finalists-girls/ . From that article
    "Misty Dossey – Forward – Comanche

One of the more dominant post players in the state, Misty Dossey led Comanche to an undefeated record and a spot in the 3A title game before losing to Tahlequah Sequoyah. The future is incredibly bright for Dossey and Comanche.
    "

Couldn't find anything about her recruiting status through the recruiting sites at this point. Multiple articles I found say she already has an Oklahoma State offer, while an Iowa State fansite says they have also offered. An older (June 2016) article (http://swoknews.com/local-sports/dosseys-profile-skyrocketing-after-big-season) says "On June 12, Oklahoma State became the first major school to offer her a scholarship, but it won't be the last. Tulsa, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Texas A&M and Rice are all interested in the shot-blocking machine."

In addition to just her height and accolades, another nice sign she must be pretty athletic is she came in 5th in the high jump, jumping 5'2" at the State Track Championships last year per https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=8529091#/L0 .

EdB60 likes this.
  6. buffgal

Swartz has verbally committed to CU

Cosgrove has verbally committed to Notre Dame

7. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

Sucks about Congrove. Are we pretty much done with Mykasa Robinson?

8. buffgal

I know nothing officially, but I can't imagine a coach taking a player who committed and then decommitted. Just my 2 cents.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That happens quite a bit these days with players re-opening recruiting and then ending up where they initially verbaled. I'm also seeing players exploring the transfer market and then ending up not leaving their current school (UNM just had one of those in men's hoops). It's a different world now with the players looking at their options in terms of what's best for their "brand" and "decommitted and looking" doesn't always mean gone.

10. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Thanks for the perspective Nik. In the women's sports, committed used to mean COMMITTED and still does much of the time. But, as you say, things are changing. We are seeing a lot more fluidity in recruiting and in the huge increase in numbers of transfers happening.
    From a talent perspective, I would be happy to see Mykasa end up with the Buffs. But if I were the CU coach, I would want to be really convinced that she is solid this time before I would sign her to class of 2018 since she has already said 'yes' once then changed her mind..

buffgal likes this.
  11. buffgal

Many times on the women's side, the re-opening of recruiting happens when there is a new coach. Mykasa committed to JR. Mykasa would know have to do a sales job on me if I were JR.

Last year, Jank, Q and a player who ended up at Arizona reopened their recruiting after the coaching change. I have no issue with that.

Guess I am old fashioned. Committing is committing. Signing a NLI of intent is much more than that. The schools now pledge to the athlete they would be on campus 5 years, I think. Shouldn't the athlete be making the same kind of pledge when they sign the NLI?

I don't like this new era of transfers on the women's side. Many of the players transferring from name schools were starting or getting significant playing time. Did see the other day that a walk-on wants to transfer. How does that work?

12. Buffs Basketball Fan

Buffs Basketball Fan Well-Known Member

The schools dont pledge 5 years to play 4.
    Each year is a renewal agreement only.
    Thats where attrition comes from both sides

13. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I hope Payne is still recruiting Mykasa, not the other way around. You can still recruit a kid but make them know that if they sign, they need to be committed to the program.

14. buffgal

http://pac-12.com/article/2014/10/2...weeping-reforms-student-athletes-guaranteeing

EdB60 likes this.
  15. buffgal

Mykasa Robinson to Louisville