What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

It's who you know, not what you know.

Sure. But the lower rung assistant coaching jobs are not exactly glamorous. You might eventually work your way up to a really good gig, but it usually takes awhile to get there. A lot of people are not willing to make that gamble.

I’d really love a few attorneys on here to lay out the sovereign immunity laws. In Florida, they limit damages to $200,000 and that seems to be enforced. In Colorado, I read that the limit is $350,000, but it seems like CU is always scared of bigger damages. For example, our esteemed regent Linda Shoemaker is always running around babbling about future lawsuits from CTE, but I read that almost all state schools are protected. It would be universities like Baylor, BYU, Stanford, and Notre Dame that should be ****ting bricks on that because they aren’t protected as state institutions.

Interesting article.

Of note is the fact that as they will still be a public entity they maintain the immunity clause limiting judgements against them to $200,000 in state court.

We have seen with schools like Penn State and Michigan State that sometimes the only way to hold schools responsible for putting winning above reasonable concern for the safety of others is huge judgments. Florida isn't going to give up control over that.

I wonder if it may be easier to make the administrators and those who should be overseeing these programs easier to hold criminally liable and also remove their protections against individual financial judgments. Put them in jail, take away their retirement accounts and second homes. Others may start to take notice and be more willing to say no.

Alabama's OOC this year is a joke for sure but they've scheduled some good games down the road

Isn't Duke projected to finish last in their division by most magazines?

My Zonies tell me the answer is Yes, meaning both. There's some concern that Herm is bat**** and they are literally seen as totally unattractive to in state kids.

Arizona should be a very high priority. It is unfashionable to stay home there and the beach is considered cool, but USC and UCLA are considered risky. Colorado is #2 cool. Cal is very focused there currently.

No reason why we shouldn't be beating both them and UA like a drum now with CMT in charge.

Probably, I just don’t want MB slacking. FSU is a mess right now and will be for another season at least. Their season ticket sales are way down and it is understandable, they have Miami at home and not much else.

CU schedules A&M, TCU, Missouri, GT, etc and USC out here scheduling San Jose State, Nevada and UC Davis... smh

And of course, CFBReddit (known for always making fun of the Pac 12) chimes in

CU schedules A&M, TCU, Missouri, GT, etc and USC out here scheduling San Jose State, Nevada and UC Davis... smh

To be fair they have a game against a big time program locked in every year until 2026 so probably not the program to pick on.

Probably, I just don’t want MB slacking. FSU is a mess right now and will be for another season at least. Their season ticket sales are way down and it is understandable, they have Miami at home and not much else.

Which genius in the Florida State AD decided it was a good idea to play Boise once in Jacksonville in return for a trip to Potatoland next year?

I don't actually have a problem with USC's scheduling. They've got a 2 for 1 with BYU that they'll start this year, they'll be sacrificed at the altar of Saban again to open 2020, and they play Notre Dame every year.

Back