What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

What was his claim of hardship? Did he even make one?

This makes it almost guaranteed Bru McCoy gets his at Texas as well.
Granted immediate eligibility on Tuesday following an appeal, Martell exposed a flaw in the NCAA’s waiver system. Martell transparently transferred from Ohio State due to a lack of playing time. His lawyer cited much more than in his waiver submission – everything from Urban Meyer to Zach Smith was fair game in a “see what sticks” process – but there’s no arguing why Martell opted to leave Columbus.

Do you thie NCAA would win a legal challenge where they didn’t find hardship and made the transferring SA sit for a year?
Do I think they would win that kind of case? If they actually cared about the integrity of the system and fought for it, yes. Honestly, I felt Fields immediate eligibility ruling was eye roll worthy and Martell’s is too. But hey, it benefits Ohio State and “The U”, so who at the NCAA office really gives a ****?

Do I think they would win that kind of case? If they actually cared about the integrity of the system and fought for it, yes. Honestly, I felt Fields immediate eligibility ruling was eye roll worthy and Martell’s is too. But hey, it benefits Ohio State and “The U”, so who at the NCAA office really gives a ****?
Yeah, if you look at the actual rule book reading of why there's a one year waiting period on transfers, the whole rule is stupid.

I'm for immediate eligibility on transfers. Especially when they're done prior to the spring semester.

Yeah, if you look at the actual rule book reading of why there's a one year waiting period on transfers, the whole rule is stupid.

I'm for immediate eligibility on transfers. Especially when they're done prior to the spring semester.
Just make it consistent. If the NCAA is ok with transferring and immediate eligibility, then let it happen or make hard and fast rules regulating it. Don’t make some kids sit out and allow the blue chip, high profile kids with plenty of money for a lawyer trying to transfer from one blue blood program to another to transfer without consequence.

Lawyer now says “no opposition” from tOSU was key to the case. Said it was friendly between the schools.

Lawyer now says “no opposition” from tOSU was key to the case. Said it was friendly between the schools.
Why should that be a key consideration? How about opposition from other ACC or BIG schools? How about opposition from other programs who expect to compete on a national level with tOSU? How about the precedent it sets and how it affects the rest of the schools in the country who are trying to become players in their conferences or nationally, but lose talented players to better programs? This isn’t the NFL. Completing a “deal” simply because the “transaction” between the schools was friendly shouldn’t be part of the equation.

Yikes. This is really bad if it’s true Wilcox and the AD knew, but completely ignored the young lady.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26318717/woman-accuses-cal-players-staff-harassment
L0Qv5.gif

That's a question that you may regret getting an answer to. Nik got into some really bizarre stuff some time back. I'm sure he's on a list now.
In a weird and fortunate turn of events, it was so bizarre that no one wanted to risk being put on a list themselves by acknowledging that they'd seen it. (y)

In a weird and fortunate turn of events, it was so bizarre that no one wanted to risk being put on a list themselves by acknowledging that they'd seen it. (y)
I was trying to remember what it was, maybe a Nebraska thread or something, and I asked the very same question. Oh well, off to the gulag we will go.

Nothing that hasn’t been discussed, but it makes you wonder how long before the AAF, new XFL, etc will become a place where top high school prospects decide to go develop and get paid before entering the draft, rather than attending college. Focus solely on football while getting paid $100k/year at 18 years old, and then entering the draft at 19 or 20.

Nothing that hasn’t been discussed, but it makes you wonder how long before the AAF, new XFL, etc will become a place where top high school prospects decide to go develop and get paid before entering the draft, rather than attending college. Focus solely on football while getting paid $100k/year at 18 years old, and then entering the draft at 19 or 20.

The whole thing becomes farce if the player has no interest in school, and/or the school provides no value in its education. There’s enough of that out there, so a developmental league outside of college makes sense and I hope the AAF becomes an option. The college minor league system is a better long term play if you are invested in education and want a career after football. High school kids need both options.

The whole thing becomes farce if the player has no interest in school, and/or the school provides no value in its education. There’s enough of that out there, so a developmental league outside of college makes sense and I hope the AAF becomes an option. The college minor league system is a better long term play if you are invested in education and want a career after football. High school kids need both options.
Agreed. I see people ripping the NFL saying it should create and sponsor a developmental league, but what motivation do they have to pay for one? They have the best D-League in sports and it doesn’t cost them a cent.

IMO, it would have to be the AAF or some other league. Imagine the AAF offering Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Bru McCoy, Kyle Ford, etc $100k+/year on a 4 year deal. Maybe they would still have to wait 3 years to enter the draft or maybe they wouldn’t be subject to the draft and could be signed like any other NFL free agent.

I'm not usually one for the pulling of the heart strings stories ESPN gives us every week. Sometimes they are a bit forced or over-the-top for marketing purposes. Not with this one. This one got to me and seemed pure. I love seeing that Purdue is memorializing.

Back