What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

CSU: W
Fresno State: W
@ A&M: W
Oregon: W
@ Arizona: W
UCLA: W
ASU: W
@ USC: W
Wazzu: W
@ Stanford: W
@ Washington: W
Utah: W
Pac12 Championship vs Oregon: W 🥇

#3 Ranking in the BCS

BCS Semi-Final vs Clemson: W
BCS Championship vs Alabama: W 🏆

5 Year extension for MT
Leads to 2021, best recruiting class in over 25 years
Leads to 2022, best recruiting class in CU History

CSU: W
Fresno State: W
@ A&M: W
Oregon: W
@ Arizona: W
UCLA: W
ASU: W
@ USC: W
Wazzu: W
@ Stanford: W
@ Washington: W
Utah: W
Pac12 Championship vs Oregon: W 🥇

#3 Ranking in the BCS

BCS Semi-Final vs Clemson: W
BCS Championship vs Alabama: W 🏆

5 Year extension for MT
Leads to 2021, best recruiting class in over 25 years
Leads to 2022, best recruiting class in CU History
If only we still had the BCS

Of course the USC away game is on Halloween. Just **** me.... I'm committed to aTm, but was planning on that one, too. Not anymore.

If anyone wants to adopt 12 and 15 yo girls, we can negotiate the terms. Just let me know!

Mrs. Highlander can’t take them trick-or-treating?
You clearly don't have kids...

I did just make hotel reservations for Saturday night in Ft Collins. In an effort to be impartial, we will take the kids for a campus tour that day, then let CU just demolish the goats and hopefully end any interest on that front.

You clearly don't have kids...

I did just make hotel reservations for Saturday night in Ft Collins. In an effort to be impartial, we will take the kids for a campus tour that day, then let CU just demolish the goats and hopefully end any interest on that front.
Of course I don’t have kids. I like money and freedom.

Kids in your kid’s generation have things way different. I was trick-or-treating sans parents with friends (male & female friends) by the time I was 9. By the time I was your oldest’s age, I would take my younger sister with me while our parents were at a halloween party until the wee hours. Now, you’d get arrested for letting a 15 year old girl go anywhere without her parents.

Not bad-Looks to me like the one weeknight game we've got is @Arizona on 10/9, and we've got a bye (they have to play at UCLA) the week before. Toughest stretch for next year might be late September-@A&M on 9/19, and then Quack Attack pays a visit here the following week. Not sure Oregon's a CFP contender, but they're a 10 win team at least and the favorite in our conference IMO.
If they get king from Houston. Look out! But I think he ends up at LSU

Worst goddamn ****ing weekend possible for the Arizona road trip.

Ideally, the AZ road game is in November. I can get out of the miserable cold rain and go to the desert, get my annual visit to my mom in, and see the Buffs play.

September sucks for it, because the weather is still nice here, but hot as **** there. November is perfect.

But...

The one fall weekend I really can't do (for a weird combination of reasons) is Columbus Day weekend (I know it's weird, but the east coast still makes that a 3 day weekend).

****... I really needed this game to be any other weekend this year.

Other than my personal problems with the schedule, it's about as good as one could hope for.

Yeah, it's tough, but that's the way it is... And should be.

Get bowl eligible, win the bowl game - have a winning season.

Good news is that this is the type of schedule that let's you know if you're on the right track: it's tough, but it doesn't have any built in excuses either.

Which is about as good as you can hope for.

Worst goddamn ****ing weekend possible for the Arizona road trip.

Ideally, the AZ road game is in November. I can get out of the miserable cold rain and go to the desert, get my annual visit to my mom in, and see the Buffs play.

September sucks for it, because the weather is still nice here, but hot as **** there. November is perfect.

But...

The one fall weekend I really can't do (for a weird combination of reasons) is Columbus Day weekend (I know it's weird, but the east coast still makes that a 3 day weekend).

****... I really needed this game to be any other weekend this year.

Other than my personal problems with the schedule, it's about as good as one could hope for.

Yeah, it's tough, but that's the way it is... And should be.

Get bowl eligible, win the bowl game - have a winning season.

Good news is that this is the type of schedule that let's you know if you're on the right track: it's tough, but it doesn't have any built in excuses either.

Which is about as good as you can hope for.
Weather.com says the average/predicted temperature of Oct 9th, 2020 in Tucson, AZ is a high of 87 and a low of 62. As a night game, it MIGHT not be bad at all. Or it could totally suck if there happens to be a heat wave.

You are welcome.

Weather.com says the average/predicted temperature of Oct 9th, 2020 in Tucson, AZ is a high of 87 and a low of 62. As a night game, it MIGHT not be bad at all. Or it could totally suck if there happens to be a heat wave.

You are welcome.
The weather would be fine there. Unless there's a hurricane, it will be fantastic here.

The weather isn't the big issue that weekend.

The issue is that my wife has volunteered to run a booth for a non - profit at the largest sailboat show in the country that weekend (usually pushes 1/2 million people attending) and she will very likely kill me if I'm not there to help.

Any other weekend damnit.

The weather would be fine there. Unless there's a hurricane, it will be fantastic here.

The weather isn't the big issue that weekend.

The issue is that my wife has volunteered to run a booth for a non - profit at the largest sailboat show in the country that weekend (usually pushes 1/2 million people attending) and she will very likely kill me if I'm not there to help.

Any other weekend damnit.

Your wife doesnt get it. This is Colorado football! (This is coming from the guy whose Girlfriend lets him out of stuff with her friends if it conflicts with CU games)

Last edited:
The way I view the schedule, without putting definite W/L on it (not that anyone cares) is as follows.

Should win handily: CSU, FSU

Should win: Arizona (bad staff, no more Tate/Taylor) Wazzu (no more Leach, will not play above their weight in first year at least) Stanford (lost a lot to portal/graduation and d-line should be able to manhandle their o-line

Toss-ups: UCLA, ASU, Utah

Game leans in their favor: USC, Washington, A&M

No Hoper: Oregon

I see 5 wins where we are/should be the better team. If Tucker and co. can win these 5, that gives them 1 win out of 7 to get bowl eligible with only one of those being a complete no-hoper imo. I think he can pull off 1 win out of those. If he can't then I'd be seriously debating that he might not be the right guy to get this team to 6 wins/next step. 6 wins is not that hard.

Last edited:
The way I view the schedule, without putting definite W/L on it (not that anyone cares) is as follows.

Should win: Arizona (bad staff, no more Tate/Taylor) Wazzu (no more Leach, will not play above their weight in first year at least) Stanford (lost a lot to portal/graduation and d-line should be able to manhandle their o-line

I see 5 wins where we are/should be the better team. If Tucker and co. can win these 5, that gives them 1 win out of 7 to get bowl eligible with only one of those being a complete no-hoper imo. I think he can pull off 1 win out of those. If he can't then I'd be seriously debating that he might not be the right guy to get this team to 6 wins/next step. 6 wins is not that hard.
I'd put Utah in "Game leans in their favor", unless they are losing more than I realize.

Otherwise, exactly my thinking across the board.

I'd put Utah in "Game leans in their favor", unless they are losing more than I realize.

Otherwise, exactly my thinking across the board.
I considered ASU for that category more than Utah. Hard to replace a guy like Moss in addition to your QB. Defense had a lot of seniors on it as well. ASU OTOH, brings back a lot plus Daniels who I think will be the best or second best QB (between him and Slovis) in the league by end of year.

I considered ASU for that category more than Utah. Hard to replace a guy like Moss in addition to your QB. Defense had a lot of seniors on it as well. ASU OTOH, brings back a lot plus Daniels who I think will be the best or second best QB (between him and Slovis) in the league by end of year.
I just assume Stripper U should be our bitch every year until they prove otherwise. Still, I acknowledge their recruiting is very good right now.

I may put Washington as a toss-up. Lake seems like a hell of a recruiter, but they don't have a QB and their offense is a huge question mark to me right now. Huge difference between running a defense and an entire team too-the idea that Jimmy Lake flops as an HC aint that far fetched.

I agree with all the above except Oregon being a "no hoper". It's certainly our most challenging game, but if ASU could beat them at home last year, there's a chance for us as well. I'd qualify it more as "unlikely."

They'll have a great defense, but they also lose some veterans on the offensive line. Both of us will have new QBs, so we'll have to wait to see who has a better start there.

I have a question. Is it known for sure that the CSU game will be a night game? Thanks in advance.....

Back