What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

Honestly, as nice as the tight sidelines are, they should probably expand each sideline 5-10yards. It really doesn't seem safe for players to have those metal benches bolted to the concrete wall right at knee level, just steps from the sideline. I am shocked there aren't more lower leg injuries from players getting knocked out of bounds at full speed.
Doing so would allow Folsom to be used for soccer and lacrosse at times. Not just CU, but hosting an event with a local pro team. If it can be done as part of a stadium project that kept capacity over 50k (something symbolic about that number as a minimum), I'm all for it.

What local pro team is this that you speak of? So you want steeper stairs and fewer seats, for soccer, you guys are crazy sometimes.

What local pro team is this that you speak of? So you want steeper stairs and fewer seats, for soccer, you guys are crazy sometimes.
I want it for pure safety reasons. There simply isn’t enough room for safe play that extends along the sidelines.

Doing so would allow Folsom to be used for soccer and lacrosse at times. Not just CU, but hosting an event with a local pro team. If it can be done as part of a stadium project that kept capacity over 50k (something symbolic about that number as a minimum), I'm all for it.

How viable is having an outdoor NHL game at Folsom? If AFA can get one, CU needs to pursue one.

If you start that in Nov/Early Dec after the UW game, that seems like it could be done by 9/12/20

Coming from personal experience anything is possible in the construction world if you have enough money and good leaders. I’ve seen 28 story buildings finish months ahead of schedule and make profit and I’ve seen 20 story buildings finish a year late and burn cash.

Coming from personal experience anything is possible in the construction world if you have enough money and good leaders. I’ve seen 28 story buildings finish months ahead of schedule and make profit and I’ve seen 20 story buildings finish a year late and burn cash.
Yup. To build something, anything, you need a combination of money, materials and personnel. The more you have of those items, the less time it will take to finish the job.

I have never checked numbers but me thinks CUs is better than either ucla or wash st tv wise. CU will become must see tv again, networks will come calling PAC will rise and damn it nik no I'm so horny post again, still laughing my ass off over that one.

Can we talk about how exciting it will be to play a lot of P5 home and home series over the next decade?

I have talked to several casual college football fans the last few days who wanted to talk about CU. National exposure matters so much.
This type of scheduling is in our DNA as a program. When we get away from it, we get away from what we are, and it doesn't go well.

When we hire coaches and /or ADs that don't embrace that type of schedule, and try to move us towards the NU model, we've got the wrong people in place.

For the first time in 20 years, I think we've got the right people with the right attitude.

This type of scheduling is in our DNA as a program. When we get away from it, we get away from what we are, and it doesn't go well.

When we hire coaches and /or ADs that don't embrace that type of schedule, and try to move us towards the NU model, we've got the wrong people in place.

For the first time in 20 years, I think we've got the right people with the right attitude.
This

For nearly all programs, the model is to have 1 feature game in the non-conference — if that.

CU, for whatever reason, does better as a program by scheduling tough instead of banking wins.

Can we talk about how exciting it will be to play a lot of P5 home and home series over the next decade?

I have talked to several casual college football fans the last few days who wanted to talk about CU. National exposure matters so much.
Couldn't agree more. I have a good friend who is an aTm alum. He can't stop talking about doing a roadie together next year. Based on the comments in the favorite road game experiences thread, we may just make the trip to College Station.

Several teams I'd like to see us play, if the AD could pull it off, would be LSU, Penn State, Texas, Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Notre ****ing Dame. Sorry Baylor, **** you. :D

Back