What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 HCMM Hat Thread

Yeah. I wish him a lot of success as well. And that he can parlay that success into an HC job next year. :cool:
Exactly. If he gets Ole Miss up significantly in the defensive ratings he will be a hot commodity for another HC job, mostly likely an SEC or ACC job.

I wish Mike Mac the best and tons of success at Ole Miss. Everyone around here acting like they wouldn’t collect any and all checks available to them need to get real.
To a certain extent. A coach taking that much money from a public institution while another pays him over a million dollars a year to be their DC is a little ****ed up IMO. Especially when there is no doubt he could have got a head gig at a lower level if he tried.

To a certain extent. A coach taking that much money from a public institution while another pays him over a million dollars a year to be their DC is a little ****ed up IMO. Especially when there is no doubt he could have got a head gig at a lower level if he tried.
CU ****ed up. The blame is squarely on their shoulders. You can’t expect Mac to take any old job in order to get CU off the hook.

I have zero issue with someone collecting the contract legally owed them. We could make moral arguments about coach pay in general all day long. CU offered the contract with certain guarantees, MM is simply collecting what is due him. And agreed with those saying everyone on this board would, in reality, be doing the exact same thing.

Sad to see he’s put on that weight again. I’m sure living in Oxford, MS isn’t helping things.

I have zero issue with someone collecting the contract legally owed them. We could make moral arguments about coach pay in general all day long. CU offered the contract with certain guarantees, MM is simply collecting what is due him. And agreed with those saying everyone on this board would, in reality, be doing the exact same thing.
I am saying that I would have a hard time doing that same thing to a public institution, especially one that is based around education, so no not everyone would do the same thing in reality. If you want to get technical about the contract and what is "owed" to someone then he should (and no doubt would have been offered) looked for a head coaching gig at a lower level. If he thinks that going to be a DC in the SEC is the best move for him in his career then that is perfectly fine and could be a great move for him, but CU should only be paying the difference between his Ole Miss salary and his salary at CU if that is what he thinks is the best move.

Like I posted before, I think RG will put up with this for a year and then start looking into the moves he has legally.

View attachment 29110
upgrade-pushing-keyboard-finger-3d-260nw-1090198241.jpg

View attachment 29111

Somebody like CMT doesn't bother with this gig in December 2012......we're a better program for having had FHCMM here.

I agree.

Will be interesting to see if he really wants to be a HC again though. That would mean swallowing his pride and dropping back down to G5.

Sorry, suing the institution like a certain lady did a few years back to me is shady when you’re suing a public institution. Collecting what is owed to you under contract is another, I’d do the same.

I agree.

Will be interesting to see if he really wants to be a HC again though. That would mean swallowing his pride and dropping back down to G5.
I think one year under one of the worst head coaches in the conference should change his tune a little bit.

I am saying that I would have a hard time doing that same thing to a public institution, especially one that is based around education, so no not everyone would do the same thing in reality. If you want to get technical about the contract and what is "owed" to someone then he should (and no doubt would have been offered) looked for a head coaching gig at a lower level. If he thinks that going to be a DC in the SEC is the best move for him in his career then that is perfectly fine and could be a great move for him, but CU should only be paying the difference between his Ole Miss salary and his salary at CU if that is what he thinks is the best move.

Like I posted before, I think RG will put up with this for a year and then start looking into the moves he has legally.
i understand what you're saying, but are you accounting for the typical bitterness people feel toward an employer that terminated them?

EDIT: this is the 2019 HYPE thread. we're supposed to be blowing sunshine up each others asses while drinking Kool-Aid ITT. this discussion needs to move.

Exactly. If he gets Ole Miss up significantly in the defensive ratings he will be a hot commodity for another HC job, mostly likely an SEC or ACC job.
Why? How? With His P5 HC record, his inability to assemble a staff and his recruiting record? Don’t see it. Maybe G5, maybe Vandy. They would eat him alive on the SEC.

Why? How? With His P5 HC record, his inability to assemble a staff and his recruiting record? Don’t see it. Maybe G5, maybe Vandy. They would eat him alive on the SEC.
I think AD's would look at it more that he had great success at SJSU and rescued CU, while having to work with a west coast based staff in underfunded programs. He is a southerner, has more ties to the region, and would have more resources and access to a southeast staff.

But that all depends on how Ole Miss's defense does this season and next.

I think AD's would look at it more that he had great success at SJSU and rescued CU, while having to work with a west coast based staff in underfunded programs. He is a southerner, has more ties to the region, and would have more resources and access to a southeast staff.

But that all depends on how Ole Miss's defense does this season and next.
He looked at Ole Miss twice. And GaTech didn’t even sniff. He put himself of the market when he was on top of the wave. Whiffed.

He looked at Ole Miss twice. And GaTech didn’t even sniff. He put himself of the market when he was on top of the wave. Whiffed.

Agree, he would’ve left CU after the one big season if he’d gotten a decent offer. He is not likely to be a P5 coach again.

Back