What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 MBB Recruit Profile Index

Don't know if this belongs in the 2018 or 2019 breakdown, but Kim English has started following a lot of current PGs for teams. Parker Stewart (freshman PG for Pitt), Jared Ridder (from Missouri State), and Wendell Mitchell from Trinity JuCo by way of Baylor. It seems like we want to add a secondary ball handler that's ready to play pretty early

Smith's interesting to me. Not a lot of pub around him, but I found that he's a 6'6" wing who is a high level rebounder. Between that and being a lefty it sounds like Tad's kind of guy for 2019.

Smith's interesting to me. Not a lot of pub around him, but I found that he's a 6'6" wing who is a high level rebounder. Between that and being a lefty it sounds like Tad's kind of guy for 2019.

I had to laugh. I looked at the pic of him rising up to shoot a jumper and thought, "hmmm, lefty." Then along comes your post.

I don't have a subscription, but to add a few names from Rivals prospect search:

Joe Girard - 6'1" out of Glenn Falls, NY (ranked 79)
Malik Hall - 6'7" out of Wichita, KS (ranked 49)
Emmanuel Taban - 6'7" out of Glendale, AZ (ranked 112)
Ethan Anderson - 6'0" out of Los Angeles (NR, 3*)

Of those, we have offered Girard and Anderson. I have no clue how seriously interest is reciprocated or how hard we're going after these kids. I just was wondering what prospects have CU on the radar, and figured I'd share. There is a kid named Ronnie DeGray out of Parker, and I figure he must be Ronnie DeGray's son, right?

I can't figure out who this is from his twitter account. Says he is in Colorado and also picked up Texas and Nub offers last night.

Nice find...but I question if this guy is really in CO. The top CO juniors seem to be Ronnie DeGray III (whose TWTR is not lil wave) and Joel Scott (who I can't find a twitter for), but that's only by me looking at CHSAA pages. I also couldn't find anything more about "lil wave"... ....seems odd at the moment.

Nice find, but I can't really find anything on this kid. He's from OK...he's a 6'6" wing apparently, but not a whole lot.

Nice find, but I can't really find anything on this kid. He's from OK...he's a 6'6" wing apparently, but not a whole lot.
Tulsa offer is his only one so far. This was an unofficial visit to CU. That's all I can add.

So...am I right in that unless someone transfers out (Strating for example), we have one spot open for this class - that's it??

With Hargrove gone (which sucks, because I liked him), wonder who are our top guy(s) on the board. You figure they recruit for two spots? Hawkins has to be up there, as well as Anderson? I just did a quick search, and it doesn't seem like there are any updates to who we're after than what we already have. I also couldn't find any substantial info on Ismael Cruz, who claims to have a CU offer. Hope we close in on Hawkins and/or Anderson.

So...am I right in that unless someone transfers out (Strating for example), we have one spot open for this class - that's it??

With Hargrove gone (which sucks, because I liked him), wonder who are our top guy(s) on the board. You figure they recruit for two spots? Hawkins has to be up there, as well as Anderson? I just did a quick search, and it doesn't seem like there are any updates to who we're after than what we already have. I also couldn't find any substantial info on Ismael Cruz, who claims to have a CU offer. Hope we close in on Hawkins and/or Anderson.
Hawkins and Anderson seem to be the top two targets, and it looks like Jonathan Salazar and Oscar Lopez aren't far behind

With Boogie Ellis and Jonathan Salazar off the board (for now), it looks like the staff is focusing on James Bishop and Oscar Lopez. Both combo guards. This cycle might last until April for CU

Happy to wait until April to land another like Wright or a grad transfer that would fit in nicely.

Happy to wait until April to land another like Wright or a grad transfer that would fit in nicely.
That's the thing for this year. 1 spot. Recruit either needs to be a total dude or Tad will just leave it open.

With Boogie Ellis and Jonathan Salazar off the board (for now), it looks like the staff is focusing on James Bishop and Oscar Lopez. Both combo guards. This cycle might last until April for CU

Do you think Hawkins is out, based on the article that AztecBuff posted, or do you have additional news to share? I hope we haven't given up on Hawkins.

Do you think Hawkins is out, based on the article that AztecBuff posted, or do you have additional news to share? I hope we haven't given up on Hawkins.
Oh, I have no news, but the article AztecBuff posted looked pretty damning to me. I was just combining that with trying to read the Twitter tea leaves.

Something that I hope that Tad is finally accepting is that he can teach defense but that the ability to score is something you have to recruit.

We need to load up on athletic players who bring offensive firepower.

Then, their willingness to play Tadball (defend & rebound) should be what determines whether they earn minutes once they are here.

Something that I hope that Tad is finally accepting is that he can teach defense but that the ability to score is something you have to recruit.

We need to load up on athletic players who bring offensive firepower.

Then, their willingness to play Tadball (defend & rebound) should be what determines whether they earn minutes once they are here.

I can hear you on the scoring man, but I disagree somewhat on some points. Bey's not really a scorer - you wouldn't take him? I believe it was JVG on a telecast one day that was talking about how in his coaching days, he came to the conclusion that some players are just sleepy players. You can yell at them, coach them, coddle them, and no matter what you do, they'll always just be sleepy players. Their effort just simply is not always going to be there, especially on defense.

I do think you can fix a guy's shot, as long as it's not terribly broken and uncoordinated, but sure, being a true scorer is mental and has more skills than just shooting. But i think a good mix is needed - energy guys that bring it on defense and also guys that can score.

My hope is just that Tad starts recruiting longer guys - we need some length on the perimeter.

Back