What's new

2019 Men's basketball general off-season news thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
but we end with a lot of road games. Team needs to be in a very strong position by then
Yep. I prefer the way things are set up with a great opportunity to build momentum before getting road-heavy in conference play.

But we better win those home games.

jsmilkst

Haha. There weren’t betting lines for the sweet 16, so decided to just go big. Got a chuckle and a “you sure?” out of the guy entering the bet. Hell yeah, I’m sure. Take my damn $20.
A man of my own heart. I've taken that bet a couple times. Always worth it

buffalo1

Club Member
Club Member
I was in KC on business one year during that game. My associates from there all wanted to go out and were practically trying to buy my fandom. No way was I going to cheer for the chickenhawks. But was Quin Snyder the mizzou coach? ouch.

Uncle Luko

Peckerwood
Club Member
Looks like he'll play tonight due to a temporary restraining order
I didn't hear about that part of it. Take that back, I just now did from you and now ESPN. As far as them wanting a "speedy resolution" from the NCAA, good luck with that. :D Since he's probably the top pick in the draft, maybe they will, who knows?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Looks like he'll play tonight due to a temporary restraining order
Most ridiculous thing in pro sports right now that the NBAPA doesn't allow players to enter the league straight out of high school. Wiseman should be a millionaire right now playing as an NBA rookie after being a Top 10 pick. And then the NCAA wants to say he can't play in college either?

As a fan, I just want to see the dude play.