What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Pac-12 Recruiting Thread

I don't want people to get over-hyped expectations. This is good to see, but the Buffs will likely end up around 6th in the conference when all is said and done. And that's a solid improvement.

MM's first two years (13 & 14), the average rating of our recruits on 247 was 80-81.
The next two years (15 & 16), the average rating of our recruits on 247 was 83-ish
The last two years (17 & 18) (along with so far this year), the average rating of our recruits on 247 was 85-ish.

IF we can bump up to 87, it takes us to top 1/3 or top 1/4 in the conference on a year in, year out basis. If we can get there with balanced classes, we can compete annually for the conference championship. Other teams may have more freak recruits (namely USC every year, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, and Stanford seem to vary a bit), but we can compete regularly with them.

MM's first two years (13 & 14), the average rating of our recruits on 247 was 80-81.
The next two years (15 & 16), the average rating of our recruits on 247 was 83-ish
The last two years (17 & 18) (along with so far this year), the average rating of our recruits on 247 was 85-ish.

IF we can bump up to 87, it takes us to top 1/3 or top 1/4 in the conference on a year in, year out basis. If we can get there with balanced classes, we can compete annually for the conference championship. Other teams may have more freak recruits (namely USC every year, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, and Stanford seem to vary a bit), but we can compete regularly with them.
That sounds great in the aggregate, but I think the main difference is that those programs you named are consistently recruiting highly rated kids on the OL and DL, while CU class rankings are boosted mostly by highly ranked WRs and DBs. Yes, that's an oversimplification, but the point is, CU's OL recruiting needs to be on the 2017 level every year, and DL recruiting still needs a marquee class to make a baseline standard.

That sounds great in the aggregate, but I think the main difference is that those programs you named are consistently recruiting highly rated kids on the OL and DL, while CU class rankings are boosted mostly by highly ranked WRs and DBs. Yes, that's an oversimplification, but the point is, CU's OL recruiting needs to be on the 2017 level every year, and DL recruiting still needs a marquee class to make a baseline standard.

Bingo.

Yeah that was pretty much a mic drop right there.

I 100% agree with you! I tried to cover that with this comment

If we can get there with balanced classes...

But I should have made myself more clear. I posted something similar in the season expectations or Rocky Mountain thread. We are starting to have some talent on OL/DL, but paper thin. If we catch a break on injuries on the lines, this could be a very good year. The problem with that logic is, how often do you have limited injuries on the offensive and defensive lines?

Ummm, almost never.

We need this year to break our way and use it to our advantage to shore up those lines and better recruiting going forward.

I 100% agree with you! I tried to cover that with this comment

But I should have made myself more clear. I posted something similar in the season expectations or Rocky Mountain thread. We are starting to have some talent on OL/DL, but paper thin. If we catch a break on injuries on the lines, this could be a very good year. The problem with that logic is, how often do you have limited injuries on the offensive and defensive lines?

Ummm, almost never.

We need this year to break our way and use it to our advantage to shore up those lines and better recruiting going forward.
Yep, unfortunately an ugly fact of the game. Maybe we'll get lucky with that, slim chance though.

Glad to see Bama finally catch a break.

Such tampering, there’s no other way around it. Conveniently Alabama released a LB and had another tear an ACL in July. By August a 5 star Washington LB who loved Alabama during his recruiting has “personal reasons” to leave Washington. Only to have rumors of Alabama a week later.

Shocker! At least we now know we never had a chance! Haha.
Encouraging in a way, though. Washington is very similar to CU in its core requirements for admission with both being above the NCAA standard. They've been recruiting at an extremely high level for almost a decade - going back to when Sarkisian was there.

His LB coach at Nebraska is now at Oregon State so this move makes sense. Struggled buying in with the new staff at Nebraska but he was no doubt talented coming out of high school. Could be a good pickup for them.

No, they gave up looking for the game on TV after an hour because Syracuse and Western Michigan we’re still playing

That **** has to change. This is such an embarrassment for a P5 team to consistently get pushed off their games on live TV because of scheduling issues. I guarantee you today ND/Michigan and Washington/Auburn won’t be delayed by anything or anyone.

That **** has to change. This is such an embarrassment for a P5 team to consistently get pushed off their games on live TV because of scheduling issues. I guarantee you today ND/Michigan and Washington/Auburn won’t be delayed by anything or anyone.

??? Everyone who plays a scrub team gets on ****ty TV.

Back