What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Pac-12 Recruiting Thread

That **** has to change. This is such an embarrassment for a P5 team to consistently get pushed off their games on live TV because of scheduling issues. I guarantee you today ND/Michigan and Washington/Auburn won’t be delayed by anything or anyone.
I would be where you are if the tv contract for the game had been with the Pac-12/ CU. But that was an issue of CBSSN not prioritizing MWC over MAC while also stacking games without a 30 minute buffer in between.

I would be where you are if the tv contract for the game had been with the Pac-12/ CU. But that was an issue of CBSSN not prioritizing MWC over MAC while also stacking games without a 30 minute buffer in between.

Yeah I see your point. I guess it’s more frustration that this seems to keep happening every single year. CBS, Fox sports. What was it, truck racing? It’s a joke.

They did put up a banner with the Youtube stream url. But I had to periodically reload that page, whereas when I was able to go back to fubotv I had zero problems with the feed.

Wisconsin played Western Kentucky on ESPN last night and was pushed to ESPN2 due to the US Open and then went back to ESPN. Not everyone who plays a scrub team gets on ****ty TV.

What I should've wrote its that everybody who plays at at scrub team gets on ****ty TV.

The UCLA 247 site editor did an update on UCLA's class this week. It was actually pretty grim sounding. They are not really in the running for many top players at all.

@buffaholic mentioned it a couple times in recent weeks, but WTF is up with UCLA?

I read the scathing wrap up from their 247 site and UCLA is projected to have 72 scholarship players this fall? How does that happen?
Dont know, but from whatever real problem this symptom is, it speaks to the opportunity some of you are stating with regards to making real national noise with onfield results while SC and UCLA are down.

USC and UCLA pitiful situation both at same time makes SoCal open game for a recruiting force right now.

Chip Kelly apparently is either brain dead or is on the JMFL-fire-me-now-please plan.

Last edited:
One of the other embarrassing episodes is Kelly being pissed about Bru McCoy choosing USC because he was under the impression UCLA had a shot. It was USC/Texas for months and it was not really a secret either.
One of the many reasons I mentioned brain dead. It's as though he can't read people. Look at our in state recruits and you see a lot of big time offers, but you don't see UCLA. Chip is recruiting Pueblo hard.

Is this a surprise to anyone, though? Isn't the entire "thing" around Chip Kelly as a coach that he is an excellent "football guy", but awful with PR, booster schmoozing, and doesn't really like recruiting/uses is own, non-traditional recruiting strategy?

Is this a surprise to anyone, though? Isn't the entire "thing" around Chip Kelly as a coach that he is an excellent "football guy", but awful with PR, booster schmoozing, and doesn't really like recruiting/uses is own, non-traditional recruiting strategy?
I think I expected them to take a step back recruiting but this is inexcusable. This is still UCLA, Chip was the widely regarded as the biggest hire of the off season and there is talent everywhere down there. I think you have to almost try to be as bad as he was this year and your first real class is usually your best.

USC and UCLA pitiful situation both at same time makes SoCal open game for a recruiting force right now.

Chip Kelly apparently is either brain dead or is on the JMFL-fire-me-now-please plan.
Kelly never really struck me as a good P5 recruiter. He went straight from a lower level school New Hampshire to Oregon, which had recently turned into one of the few programs that recruits itself (as an aside, this recent class is what happens when you put good recruiters in Eugene).

Now that he’s at UCLA, which is a good program but nothing super special or trendy in the eyes of recruits, it’s not surprising that he’s having trouble.

Back