What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Pac-12 Recruiting Thread

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Recruiting about to really start picking up, so good time to start this thread.

Early on, appears Oregon and Washington have a lot of early momentum. Lots of top west coast players like both schools.

USC is also looking good early with Mater Dei players after signing two 5* players from there in the 2018 class. We know they will reel in plenty of talent.

Cal also seems to have some early momentum going as well, especially with defensive prospects.

UCLA and Stanford seem to be really selective thus far. That has worked for Stanford, will be interesting to see if it will work for UCLA.

Both Arizona schools seem to be struggling with in-state talent.

Yeah, Oregon continues to nail their spring game visit setup.

Washington just landed a 6’1” DB who got a recruiting bump to a mid 3* after being low 3* for a while. Love how they recruit the secondary.

Texas landed a 4* Hawkins HS player today who was previously committed to USC before all the stuff that went down with that Hawkins ‘17 recruit.

Haven’t noticed a ton of recruiting momentum in our conference yet. The only thing that’s stood out to me so far is that Texas and A&M are BATTLING for Texas recruits.

Washington just landed a 6’1” DB who got a recruiting bump to a mid 3* after being low 3* for a while. Love how they recruit the secondary.

Texas landed a 4* Hawkins HS player today who was previously committed to USC before all the stuff that went down with that Hawkins ‘17 recruit.

Haven’t noticed a ton of recruiting momentum in our conference yet. The only thing that’s stood out to me so far is that Texas and A&M are BATTLING for Texas recruits.

That is definitely a national storyline to watch.

One thing I forgot to mention in the initial post is that it looks like a HUGE year in Hawaii. Going to be some intense competition between Oregon, UCLA, USC, and Washington for those players.

On your note about Washington secondary recruiting-Jimmy Lake is going to be a very good head coach soon IMO.

I Know there is early momentum in socal but if cal, Oregon and Washington are recruiting well out there all at the same time to go along with usc and ucla this could be a Texas heavy class for CU.

It will be interesting to see how Oklahoma is affected by Texas and ATM having some pretty damn good recruiting staffs

From CKs past recruiting at Oregon, I don’t expect UCLA class to be as highly ranked but he will find the right guys for his system.

No idea how we’re looking. I’m guessing we’ll end up in the bottom third again.

Big QB domino fell today with Ryan Hilinski committing to South Carolina. Think he may have a wanted a true fresh start after his brother's suicide.

Meh. Texas bass fishermen do the same trick by holding their fish way out in front of them to throw off perspective.

Holy crap, that is a big fish!

Didn’t want to bump his thread with rumors but Oregon’s #2 ‘18 recruit left camp this week.

He was a consensus 5* and dropped to a 4* on the 3 recruiting sites because of some questions in attitude and effort, as well as off the field stuff. It became pretty clear that he was going to sign somewhere that was just looking to make their recruiting numbers look nice (Oregon or Nebraska lol).

Cristobal said they still expect him back but their fans and writers don’t.

Interested to see where ~top 5 corner Chris Steele ends up. Holds an offer from us so I’ll say this civilly, he doesn’t seem like he’d fit what we are looking for. A couple of camp/7on7 vids have gone around where he’s just constantly (proudly) playing “hard” after the whistle and some college players have called him out for it on twitter. Comes off the same way in interviews.

South Carolina is recruiting him pretty hard and Muschamp and Robinson know DBs like MM does so I’d say he’s tremendously talented (obviously with his offer list). Also appears that USC is after him. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up somewhere like Oregon - not in a good way.

Back