What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDforTD

Club Member
Club Member

Not really a surprise but will be interesting to see if former Husker Patrick O’Brien can become QB1.

8:10MT on ESPN.

Last edited:
It will be an interesting year for the CSU Rams.

To say the few CSU fans are upset with HC Mike Bobo would be putting it mildly. Bobo appears to be a dead man walking, who probably would’ve been fired already had he not had a cost prohibitive contract. You wonder how he will respond under even greater pressure, with Matt Lubick waiting in the wings to take over, while still sadly battling a chronic disease.

On offense, they will start QB Hill, coming off his 2nd major knee injury. While not a statue, Hill is not a mobile quarterback that can create when the pocket breaks down. This hasn’t historically been a major problem as CSU has produced decent offensive lines, with several players moving on to the NFL. The pattern has broken down of late, though, after former line coach Will Friend left for Tennessee. The offensive line is being completely rebuilt this year, with returning experience limited to prior spot duty for most of the projected starters. The O line has to be their #1 concern heading into the fall.

The WR position loses a lot of production as both Preston Williams and Bisi Johnson are off to try and make NFL rosters. Both showed well at the combine, with Bisi putting in an impressive 40 time. I always thought his game was underrated by CU fans. Both will be missed. They will need Junior WR Warren Jackson to step up this year. Jackson may not have the speed of Williams and Johnson, but he’s a lengthy 6’6. They also have an Auburn WR transfer set to arrive this summer. Overall, their receiving corp seems like it will be down this year.

We’ve seen their running backs. Serviceable players but.nothing special

Their defense has more returning starters, but that is good news / bad news, as the unit was awful. The defensive line generated almost zero pressure against a terrible CU line last year, and largely returns. Will more experience and another year in the weight room produce better results? Probably, but it should still be a plus matchup for the Buffs offensive line.

Things get more dicey in their secondary. They have a good corner in Rashad Ajayi, who played well as a freshmen, but the rest of the DBs aren’t very good. Once again, I like the matchup of Montez, Shenault, Nixon, et al. against this crew.

Last edited:
It will be an interesting year for the CSU Rams.

To say the few CSU fans are upset with HC Mike Bobo would be putting it mildly. Bobo appears to be a dead man walking, who probably would’ve been fired already had he not had a cost prohibitive contract. You wonder how he will respond under even greater pressure, with Matt Lubick waiting in the wings to take over, while still sadly battling a chronic disease.

On offense, they will start QB Hill, coming off his 2nd major knee injury. While not a statue, Hill is not a mobile quarterback that can create when the pocket breaks down. This hasn’t historically been a major problem as CSU has produced decent offensive lines, with several players moving on to the NFL. The pattern has broken down of late, though, after former line coach Will Friend left for Tennessee. The offensive line is being completely rebuilt this year, with returning experience limited to prior spot duty for most of the projected starters. The O line has to be their #1 concern heading into the fall.

The WR position loses a lot of production as both Preston Williams and Bisi Johnson are off to try and make NFL rosters. Both showed well at the combine, with Bisi putting in an impressive 40 time. I always thought his game was underrated by CU fans. Both will be missed. They will need Junior WR Warren Jackson to step up this year. Jackson may not have the speed of Williams and Johnson, but he’s a lengthy 6’6. They also have an Auburn WR transfer set to arrive this summer. Overall, their receiving corp seems like it will be down this year.

We’ve seen their running backs. Serviceable players but.nothing special

Their defense has more returning starters, but that is good news / bad news, as the unit was awful. The defensive line generated almost zero pressure against a terrible CU line last year, and largely returns. Will more experience and another year in the weight room produce better results? Probably, but it should still be a plus matchup for the Buffs offensive line.

Things get more dicey in their secondary. They have a good corner in Rashad Ajayi, who played well as a freshmen, but the rest of the DBs aren’t very good. Once again, I like the matchup of Montez, Shenault, Nixon, et al. against this crew.

Shorter Creebuzz: CSU sucks and we will kill them.

When CU gets up far ahead, I hope HCMT shows CU fans that things are going to be different by keeping the gas pressed down to the pedal and then simply repeats that the following week.

With CSU, Nebraska, AFA, ASU, and UA in the first five games of the season, I'm not going to be a very nice fan next season.

When CU gets up far ahead, I hope HCMT shows CU fans that things are going to be different by keeping the gas pressed down to the pedal and then simply repeats that the following week.

With CSU, Nebraska, AFA, ASU, and UA in the first five games of the season, I'm not going to be a very nice fan next season.
I want to see the backup offense run our actual, full offense when they get into the game this season. Game reps for our backups in lopsided games weren't as valuable as they should have been the past 5 years.

Everybody just left that one alone?

Well I guess I'm not going to be the dickhead, then.

Why stop now?
43589-burn-kelso-gif-FmH9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back