What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 WBB Recruit Profile Index

My understanding is JR has so far offered two 2019 players from Colorado. Maura Singer from Columbine and Arielle Wisne from Horizon have received offers.

Assuming there are no other players signed this spring by JR & Co., the two biggest needs for the class of '19 are an elite* post and point guard. After this perhaps another post/power forward as by that time the Buffs will have graduated Zoe Correal, Janea Bunn and Jaimie Curtis.

* Elite = a four year starter quality player at least on par with what Annika Jenk has done thus far or what Kennedy did her freshmen season.

Maura Singer from Columbine and Arielle Wisne from Horizon have received offers.
Singer is rated #99 by Prospect Nation, It looks like Wisne isn't currently in the top 100.

Singer's club team is Colorado Permier Basketball which appears to have a number of players who CU is interested in, in the class of '19.

Yes, Colorado Premier Basketball Elite team is comprised of girls from Colorado and Utah. CU has also offered Kemery Martin and Lavender Briggs from Utah. Both are highly rated and have many offers. Also from that club CU has interest in Ashten Prechtel a 6'5" post from Discovery Canyon on the north edge of Colorado Springs. Not sure if she has an offer. Considering the difficulty that CU has in signing out of state "bigs" maybe they would have better success with in state players.

Assuming there are no other players signed this spring by JR & Co., the two biggest needs for the class of '19 are an elite* post and point guard. After this perhaps another post/power forward as by that time the Buffs will have graduated Zoe Correal, Janea Bunn and Jaimie Curtis.

* Elite = a four year starter quality player at least on par with what Annika Jenk has done thus far or what Kennedy did her freshmen season.

Amen on this. It looks like we will be fine at the other positions after next season but we really need a PG and Center. Striking out on these in 18 has already made it tough on the 2019-2020 season because you're going to have to ask a true FR to probably start. That should help us attract a very good player at each position though. If they can't start, you're going to have to ask players to play out of their true positions like Jank playing the Post or Cayla-Do/Swartz playing the Point. We were so very close on these two positions in 18 and having an outstanding top 15-20 class. Damn. I might have an early cocktail thinking about that.

Yes, Colorado Premier Basketball Elite team is comprised of girls from Colorado and Utah. CU has also offered Kemery Martin and Lavender Briggs from Utah. Both are highly rated and have many offers. Also from that club CU has interest in Ashten Prechtel a 6'5" post from Discovery Canyon on the north edge of Colorado Springs. Not sure if she has an offer. Considering the difficulty that CU has in signing out of state "bigs" maybe they would have better success with in state players.

Prechtel is rated top 25 overall by ESPN so I'm sure we are after her. We can offer her to stay home and start for 4 years. Come on down, young lady!

Not sounding too promising at this point for Prechtel either. Coaches will have to convince her that she doesn't really want to leave Colorado which seems to be her primary focus right now .... get out of Colorado.

Not sounding too promising at this point for Prechtel either. Coaches will have to convince her that she doesn't really want to leave Colorado which seems to be her primary focus right now .... get out of Colorado.

Hopefully she decides to stay home but doesn't look promising. We can offer earlier PT than UT and UCLA. UT got two centers in top 10 overall players for 2018. Ucla has two top 100 centers in 17 and 18 class.

Realistically, this team could use any good players and at every position. There is not a position on this team that couldn't be upgraded with good quality four star players or elite five star players. I'm not sure what it takes to get good and elite players to want to come here. I'd always thought that great prospects would do well to come to CU because of the immediate playing time that would be available, obviously, at every position.

Fingers crossed that Toriano and JR figure out recruiting to start bringing in Pac-12 level players.

Realistically, this team could use any good players and at every position. There is not a position on this team that couldn't be upgraded with good quality four star players or elite five star players. I'm not sure what it takes to get good and elite players to want to come here. I'd always thought that great prospects would do well to come to CU because of the immediate playing time that would be available, obviously, at every position.

Fingers crossed that Toriano and JR figure out recruiting to start bringing in Pac-12 level players.

Both our commits for 18 are ranked 4 stars by a service (top 50 and top 100). Knight was ranked by top 100 by ESPN. Jank has promise and can develop. The next couple of classes hopefully get even better.

Both our commits for 18 are ranked 4 stars by a service (top 50 and top 100). Knight was ranked by top 100 by ESPN. Jank has promise and can develop. The next couple of classes hopefully get even better.

There is no low hanging fruit to compete in the Pac-12. Getting a four star recruit can still mean falling behind Pac-12 opposing programs:
(Using ESPN's recruiting grades because they are free)

A couple of Pac-12 schools that are where we want to be:

Oregon:
Satou Sabally 5-star 97 grade, 6th overall W
Aina Ayuso 3-star 89 grade, 74th overall PG
Taylor Chavez 4-star 95 grade, 16th overall PG
Nayara Sabally 3-star 90 grade, 21st ranked F

Oregon State:
Taya Corosdale 5-star 97 grade, 6th overall F
Aleah Goodman 4-star 95 grade, 12th overall PG
Adrea Aquino 5-star 98 grade, 2nd overall P
Jasmine Simmons 3-star 90 grade, 28th overall G
Patricia Morris 3-star 89 grade, 38th overall P

Now Pac-12 schools we actually have been ahead of:

Arizona:
Samantha Thomas 4-star 93 grade, 17th overall W
Samantha Fatkin 3-star 90 grade, 30th overall G
Marlee Kyles 3-star 90 grade, 22nd overall PG
Mallory Vaughn 3-star 90 grade, 13th overall P
Kiana Chew 3-star 88 grade, 75th overall F
Catherine Reese 5-star 98 grade, 4th overall F
Semaj Smith 5-star 96 grade, 9th overall P
Shaylese Smith 3-star 90 grade, 14th overall W
Valeria Trucco 3-star 90 grade, 21st overall F
Bryce Nixon 3-star 89 grade, 71st overall PG

So in that context how can we ever argue that CU isn't with every 3 and 4 star prospect actually losing the recruiting war and falling farther behind in the Pac-12? How do we get the 4/5-star Pac-12 level caliber player to come here? I can't imagine a decade of losing by 30+ points every night.

There is no low hanging fruit to compete in the Pac-12. Getting a four star recruit can still mean falling behind Pac-12 opposing programs:

Oregon:

Oregon State:

Arizona:

So in that context how can we ever argue that CU isn't with every 3 and 4 star prospect actually losing the recruiting war and falling farther behind in the Pac-12? How do we get the 4/5-star Pac-12 level caliber player to come here? I can't imagine a decade of losing by 30+ points every night.
Man you are picky. We made strides last year. We have an amazing incoming class. We had a bad weekend. All the signs of improvement are there, let it play out. Solid recruits, good coach, good supporting players, good program. It'll come.

Oregon:

Oregon State:

Arizona:

Because we are starting very low in talent. Next year's team will be the most talent we have had in a while. It's going to take some years of winning to be able to get to Oregon like recruiting. Oregon wasn't recruiting like that 4-5 years ago. ESPN rankings are no better than any other service btw.

Man you are picky. We made strides last year. We have an amazing incoming class. We had a bad weekend. All the signs of improvement are there, let it play out. Solid recruits, good coach, good supporting players, good program. It'll come.

I agree with you regarding JR Payne and Towns, I think they are great set of a coaches, and I think they have a great staff.

I really like a lot of the players that CU brought in. Every player is interesting in her own right, and it will be exciting to see how they progress and develop. JR Payne is right, CU is actually a good team. Getting to the third round last year in the WNIT proved that. The issue, and it isn't going away is playing in this tough conference. Just to be mediocre in the Pac-12 you need top recruits (finishing 7th-8th in the conference). Heck, its probably a given that the top six teams are going to the NCAA tournament most seasons going forward. The one thing that I think should make CU attractive to any incoming recruit is that playing time is available here. This isn't a winning team. If you can ball, you can fight for spot in the starting lineup at any position let alone minutes. Teams that lose twice as many conference games as they win don't guarantee starting positions to any player. If CU wasn't in the Pac-12 would be a very very good program.

I'm not sure I agree that this is a good program with good supporting players. In my mind that's a function of win-loss record and being competitive. We're not Arizona, but we're at the bottom of the Pac-12 right now. You don't recruit in a vacuum. Even Arizona is out recruiting us in the Pac-12. We don't need good basketball players (every player on this team is good). We need good Pac-12 players, essentially some of the best players in the country.

It can happen, but we have to change the culture. It probably isn't good that a ton of young players were invited to pursue other basketball opportunities elsewhere. Recruits want to be developed and they want stability. I hope the program doesn't get the reputation of wasting players time. Mackenzie Ellis, Monica Burris, and Eleanor Jones were shown the door pretty quickly. We'll see of this year's group how many are shown the door. At some point recruits want to see a commitment from the University to them, and no program can afford to keep showing young players the door. I agree with JR Payne. The Buffs are better with Bunn, Curtis, Hollingshed, Jank, and Knight replacing the three transfers. I just hope it doesn't hurt recruiting. The program needs to prove it can develop the players it does have, not just constantly kick out a stream of players trying to get better ones. When we do that, I'll agree we're a good program.

It can happen, but we have to change the culture. It probably isn't good that a ton of young players were invited to pursue other basketball opportunities elsewhere. Recruits want to be developed and they want stability. I hope the program doesn't get the reputation of wasting players time. Mackenzie Ellis, Monica Burris, and Eleanor Jones were shown the door pretty quickly. We'll see of this year's group how many are shown the door. At some point recruits want to see a commitment from the University to them, and no program can afford to keep showing young players the doo

Uh, maybe you should do a little more research before you make statements about current or former players, otherwise you just demonstrate how misinformed you really are.

I agree with you regarding JR Payne and Towns, I think they are great set of a coaches, and I think they have a great staff.

I really like a lot of the players that CU brought in. Every player is interesting in her own right, and it will be exciting to see how they progress and develop. JR Payne is right, CU is actually a good team. Getting to the third round last year in the WNIT proved that. The issue, and it isn't going away is playing in this tough conference. Just to be mediocre in the Pac-12 you need top recruits (finishing 7th-8th in the conference). Heck, its probably a given that the top six teams are going to the NCAA tournament most seasons going forward. The one thing that I think should make CU attractive to any incoming recruit is that playing time is available here. This isn't a winning team. If you can ball, you can fight for spot in the starting lineup at any position let alone minutes. Teams that lose twice as many conference games as they win don't guarantee starting positions to any player. If CU wasn't in the Pac-12 would be a very very good program.

I'm not sure I agree that this is a good program with good supporting players. In my mind that's a function of win-loss record and being competitive. We're not Arizona, but we're at the bottom of the Pac-12 right now. You don't recruit in a vacuum. Even Arizona is out recruiting us in the Pac-12. We don't need good basketball players (every player on this team is good). We need good Pac-12 players, essentially some of the best players in the country.

It can happen, but we have to change the culture. It probably isn't good that a ton of young players were invited to pursue other basketball opportunities elsewhere. Recruits want to be developed and they want stability. I hope the program doesn't get the reputation of wasting players time. Mackenzie Ellis, Monica Burris, and Eleanor Jones were shown the door pretty quickly. We'll see of this year's group how many are shown the door. At some point recruits want to see a commitment from the University to them, and no program can afford to keep showing young players the door. I agree with JR Payne. The Buffs are better with Bunn, Curtis, Hollingshed, Jank, and Knight replacing the three transfers. I just hope it doesn't hurt recruiting. The program needs to prove it can develop the players it does have, not just constantly kick out a stream of players trying to get better ones. When we do that, I'll agree we're a good program.

Yea, Ellis wasn't shown the door by this staff. They wanted her to stay. And one class better for AZ is just one class.

Back