What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021/22 WOMEN'S GOLF Golf regular season news, results and discussion (Team next playing at and hosting Silverado Showdown in Napa 4/4-6.)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
With women's golf being one of those sports that has MANY tournaments in both the fall and spring semesters, I wanted to set up a thread that as normal we can use to cover anything that comes up on and off the course up until the post-regular season begins with the Pac 12 Championships (scheduled to begin April 18th). (I'll give the post-season its own thread(s).) I'm starting this now as the team has just released its schedule.

Go Buffs!

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/8/20/womens-golf-2021-22-womens-golf-schedule-released.aspx

"
BOULDER — University of Colorado women's golf coach Anne Kelly announced the team's 2021-22 schedule, which will feature five fall events and six spring events leading into the postseason.

"For the 2021-2022 season we have put together a very strong schedule," Kelly said. "Every tournament will include top teams and give our squad great experience playing against the best teams in college golf on a regular basis. The Pac-12 is always filled with the world's topped ranked amateur golfers, which I believe is a real benefit for our program. To be the best, you have to play against the best and this schedule provides that opportunity."

The 2022 Pac-12 Championship is set for April 18-20 and will be hosted by Oregon at the Eugene Country Club in Eugene, Ore. NCAA Regionals are scheduled for May 9-11 at various sites, while the NCAA Championship will be May 20-25 in Scottsdale, Ariz. at Grayhawk Golf Club.

2021-22 Women's Golf Schedule
Fall
September 9-10

Branch Law Firm-Dick McGuire Invite (UNM GC, Albuquerque, N.M.)

September 27-29
The Golfweek Challenge (Red Sky Ranch, Wolcott, Colo.)

October 11-12
Illini Women's Invitational (Medinah CC, Addison, Ill.)

October 15-17
Condoleezza Rice - Stanford Invitational (Stanford GC, Palo Alto, Calif.)

November 1-3
Nanea Pac-12 Preview (Nanea CC, Kona, Hawai'i)

Spring
February 14-15

Lamkin Invitational (The Farms CC, San Diego, Calif.)

February 21-22
ICON Invitational (Golf Club of Houston, Houston, Texas)

March 7-8
Juli Inkster Invitational (Meadow Club, Fairfax, Calif.)

March 14-15
Briar's Creek Invitational (GC at Briar's Creek, John's Island, S.C.)

March 25-27
Ping ASU Invitational (Papago GC, Tempe, Ariz.)

April 4-6
Silverado Showdown (Silverado Resort and Spa, Napa, Calif.)

Postseason
April 18-20

Pac-12 Championships (Eugene CC, Eugene, Ore.)

May 9-11
NCAA Regional (various locations)

May 20-25
NCAA Championship (Grayhawk GC, Scottsdale, Ariz.)
"

Last edited:
Preview in front of tomorrow's season opening rounds -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/9/12/...n-at-branch-law-firm-dick-mcguire-invite.aspx

"
BOULDER — After a few weeks of preparation, the University of Colorado women's golf team will officially get their season started on Monday, September 13, at the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational in Albuquerque, N.M.

The 54-hole tournament, hosted by New Mexico, will have two rounds played on the first day. The final round will be contested on Tuesday, September 14, at the 6,317-yard, par-72 UNM Championship Course.

The Buffaloes have a history of playing in this tournament. This will be the fourth time in six years CU heads south for the event which will have the Buffs up against BYU, California, Colorado State, Denver, Fresno State, Iowa, Kansas, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Oregon State, Pepperdine, San Diego State, San Jose State, Texas State and UNLV.

"It's a very good field and New Mexico will be hosting a regional this spring," Colorado coach Anne Kelly said. "We don't know if we'll get sent there or not, but it's good experience playing that course. I think it's a course that will suit our games well and be able to get off to a good start this fall."

Being able to play this fall is a relief for many as last fall Colorado had to sit on the sidelines as the Pac-12 Conference had decided to not compete during the 2020 fall.

"It's nice to finally get some kind of normal routine going and having a tournament to work for makes a big difference," Kelly said.
"

Leader board - https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=23693
(Looks like all the Buffs will be teeing off around 7:30 AM.)

The team is in Wolcott (???) Colorado for a 3 day tournament beginning tomorrow, with the 1st Buff scheduled to tee off for their 1st round at 10:30 AM tomorrow morning.

Preview -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/9/26/womens-golf-buffaloes-headed-to-golfweek-challenge.aspx

"
BOULDER — The Colorado women's golf team will compete this week, September 27-29, at the Golfweek Challenge.

The tournament will take place at Red Sky Ranch in Wolcott, Colo. There are two courses at Red Sky Ranch, the Fazio Course, designed by Tom Fazio, and the Norman Course, designed by Greg Norman. The Golfweek Challenge will take place on the Fazio Course. It is a par 72 that measures 7,116 yards.

Play begins on Monday, September 27 at 10 a.m. on the No. 1 and No. 10 tees. The second round on Tuesday will follow the same format. The third round on Wednesdays will be a shotgun start at 9:30 a.m. (weather permitting).

The Buffaloes will play in a 20-team field at the three-day event. They are joined by Front Range rivals Denver and Wyoming as well as teams from all over the country. The rest of the field includes Cal State Fullerton, Central Arkansas, Dallas Baptist, Delaware, East Tennessee State, Long Beach State, Kansas, Kennesaw State, Minnesota, New Mexico State, Northern Arizona, Pepperdine, Rutgers, South Florida, San Diego State, Washington State and Xavier.

Live results will be available at golfgenius.com.

Colorado's line-up will be Malak Bouraeda, Diane Baillieux, Ellie Gower, Hailey Schalk and Lauren Gooding. Natalie Vo will compete as an individual.
"

Leaderboard - http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=23813

The team is scheduled to begin to tee off for the 2nd of the 3 round tourney in about an hour.

CU's current scores, along a link to an article after the 1st round (they are in a 3 way tie for 4th at -5) -

Due to weather, today's 3rd round was cancelled. The team was able to complete, today, the last holes of the 2nd round (which was slightly weather delayed yesterday). The team finished in 5th, with redshirt freshman Lauren Gooding leading the way with a very good 3rd place (tie) individual finish.

Looks like a busy week for the team.

Go Buffs!

Preview -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/10/10/womens-golf-colorado-heads-to-pair-of-tournaments.aspx

"
BOULDER —The Colorado women's golf team is getting ready for one of their busiest stretches this season with two tournaments in seven days.

The Buffs start with the Illinois Women's Invitational, October 11-12, in Medinah, Ill. The tournament will be played at the 6,159-yard, par 72, Medinah Country Club Course #2. Teams will play 36 holes on Monday, October 11 and the remaining 18 holes on Tuesday.

It is a 15-team field. Besides the host, Illinois, Colorado will face Georgia, Indiana, Kent State, LSU, Louisville, Maryland, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Purdue, San Diego State, San Jose State, Wisconsin and Texas Tech. The Buffaloes have been paired with Maryland for the first round and will tee off at 8:30 a.m. CT/7:30 a.m. MT. Live stats are available here.

After the Illinois Invitational finishes, the Buffs will catch a flight from the Midwest and will head straight to Northern California for the Stanford Intercollegiate, October 15-17. Stanford will host the event at its own 6,727-yard, par 70 course, which hosted the 2021 Pac-12 Championship last spring.

Although it will be a busy week for Colorado, head coach Anne Kelly is excited about the level of competition these tournaments will bring for her team.

"The tournament hosted by Illinois is at Medinah, which is a very famous course," Kelly said. "They hosted a Ryder Cup several years ago. The chance to play such an historic course is a great opportunity. It's a great field."

"And then we go right over to California to Stanford to play Stanford's event which is another great field on a great course. It's hard to play back-to-back tournaments but it was two tournaments we just could not pass up."

Live results for the Stanford Intercollegiate will also be available at golfstat.com.
"

Tournament Leaderboards:
Illinois - https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=24323

Stanford - https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=24537

Just checked, and it's a pretty tight tourney so far, with the Buffs in a tie for 9th at -1 with 14-16 holes reported in the 1st round, with the leaders only at -7, and the last place school only at +3.

The lineup for the Buffs in this tourney-

Preview as the team ends the fall portion of their season at the Pac-12 Preview, a 3 day tournament beginning tomorrow, in Kailua Kona, Hawai'i -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/10/31/womens-golf-golf-wraps-up-fall-at-pac-12-preview.aspx

"
BOULDER —The Colorado women's golf team will finish its fall schedule, November 1-3, at the Nanea Pac-12 Preview in Kailua Kona, Hawai'i.

The annual tournament will be played at the Nanea Golf Club, a par 73, 6,372-yard course. All 11 conference schools (Utah does not have a women's golf program) and Hawai'i will compete in the event, playing 18-holes each day of the three days. Live results are available at golfstat.com.

Action starts on Monday, November 1, at 7:30 a.m. local time (11:30 a.m. MT). Colorado has been paired with Oregon, Arizona State and Oregon State for the first round.
"

Team leaderboard - http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=23845

Buffs look to be right around the middle (tied for 7th) of the pack just over the halfway mark of the 1st round.

The players in Hawaii are -

Looks like the team (other than their freshman) had a tough day yesterday. Hope they comeback and have a strong final round scheduled to start in an hour or so.

Article on this season's lone freshman-

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/11/12/womens-golf-vo-is-finding-her-own-way-at-colorado.aspx

"
BOULDER – At 15-years-old, University of Colorado freshman Natalie Vo qualified for the 2021 U.S. Women's Amateur Championship.

"It just really opened my eyes to how good I could possibly be," Vo said. She had no expectations going into the qualifier and it was also the lowest she had ever shot, a 7-under 66 at the Sierra View Country Club.

With a performance like that, there should be no surprise that Vo earned a spot on Colorado's traveling squad this fall as a freshman. She played in all five tournaments, one as an individual and four as a part of the team.

"Honestly, I didn't really have expectations going into this season like thinking I would qualify for all the tournaments so far," she said. "It's just as an individual, but it's been really fun being able to play and go on the trips because I gain a lot of experience going on them. And I learned a lot just by being there with the team. So, it's fun."

The San Jose, Calif., native planned on attending the University of Colorado before the Buffaloes knew of her talent. It was a perfect match for CU, it would just take a little time to figure things out.

"I knew a lot of people that have come to Colorado and just come to school here," she said. "I've seen a lot of videos and stuff and it was really pretty so I decided to look into it and I had also applied to Colorado. So, I think it just kind of matched up and I started emailing the coaches and I'm here. I found out in June so I found out pretty late. I just had to wait a little bit."

Colorado head coach Anne Kelly is very happy to have Natalie on her team.

"We feel very fortunate to have added Natalie late in the process to our team," she said. "Covid-19 made recruiting a challenge, but thankful she hung in there and joined the Buffs."

"

Team begins its spring / main season tomorrow in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.

Go Buffs!

"
BOULDER —The Colorado women's golf team starts the 2022 spring campaign at the Lamkin Invitational, February 14-15, and are looking to get back into a groove after a nice fall that saw four individuals earn a top-10 finish.

The Lamkin Invitational will take place at The Farms Golf Course in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. The 72-par course will be 6,329 yards on Monday for the 36 holes, while on Tuesday, it will still be a par-72 course but will be 6,254 yards for the final 18 holes.

There are 14 teams entered in the field and several were ranked in the last WGCA poll from November 19. Those teams are Arizona (15), Arizona State (21), California, Colorado, Kansas, Oregon (4), Ole Miss (23), Pepperdine, San Diego State, San Jose State (13), Stanford (1), Texas (11), UCLA (14) and USC (20).

The Buffaloes are paired with Oregon and Arizona for the first day. Play is expected to begin at 8 a.m. PT with a shotgun start. The group will start on holes 17, 18 and 1.

CU's line-up for the tournament will be Diane Baillieux, Ellie Gower, Lauren Gooding, Natalie Vo and Malak Bouraeda. Hailey Schalk will also play at the tournament as an individual.
"

Live leaderboard - https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=23784

Not a great tourney, against many other quality schools (10 of 14 are top 41 rated), for the Buffs (the coach said the weather has effected their practice opportunities), but they did post better overall scores each round. Still a long time to develop after this 1st tournament of the year.

Last edited:
Team's headed down to the Houston area (Humble) for their next tourney-

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2022/2/20/womens-golf-colorado-heads-to-icon-invitational.aspx

"
BOULDER —The Buffaloes continue a busy stretch of play as they head to the ICON Invitational in Houston, February, 21-22, just days after finishing the Lamkin Invitational.

The University of Houston is hosting the women's golf tournament at Golf Club of Houston, a par 72, 6,392-yard course in Humble, Texas. The first two rounds will be played on Monday and the final round will tee-off on Tuesday. Both days will have an 8 a.m. CT/7 a.m. MT shotgun start.

The field is made up of 15 teams. Besides the host (Houston) and CU, the other teams are llinois, Maryland, Michigan State, Mississippi, North Texas, Oklahoma State, Purdue, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech and USC. Live results will be available at golfstat.com.
"

Leaderboard - https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=24712

Team back in action tomorrow -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2022/3/6/womens-golf-buffs-to-compete-at-juli-inkster-invitational.aspx

"
BOULDER — The Colorado golf team has its third tournament of the spring, the 2022 Juli Inkster at Meadow Club Invitational, March 7-8, in Fairfax, Calif.

Play begins on Monday, March 7, with a shotgun start at 8:15 a.m. CT as teams will play 36 holes. Then on Tuesday, March 8, the tournament will wrap up with another shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. CT as the final 18 holes are played.

University of San Francisco and San Jose State University will co-host the event at Meadow Club, which is a 6,157-yard, par 72 course. This is the seventh year of the tournament; it was renamed in 2019 and was previously called the Meadow Club Women's Collegiate and Bay Area Collegiate.

In total, there are 13 teams competing, BYU, California, UC Davis, Colorado, Fresno State, Oregon State, Rutgers, San Diego State, San Francisco, San Jose State, Stanford, Washington, Washington State.

Live results will be available at golfstat.com.
"

Direct link to leaderboard - https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=23901

Back