What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

The ability for UNLV Athletes to rack up NIL opportunities is endless!!! There are some things that you could promote in Vegas that you cannot promote anywhere else! Time to go and get UNLV and Houston as new P12 members!

UNLV doesn't bring this league anything it doesn't already have. Houston could work, sure, but you'd need a buddy to go along with them because they're so far away from everyone else. Houston-Tulane's the only expansion that makes even an iota of sense. Travel buddies, Tulane's an academic fit in this league, and we now have media market access in Texas and Louisiana.

UNLV doesn't bring this league anything it doesn't already have. Houston could work, sure, but you'd need a buddy to go along with them because they're so far away from everyone else. Houston-Tulane's the only expansion that makes even an iota of sense. Travel buddies, Tulane's an academic fit in this league, and we now have media market access in Texas and Louisiana.
UNLV locks in an entire additional state that has a lot of corporate and other sporting promotional connections. Even if it takes a while to get UNLV up to full speed, I would be happy to have them take the #14 spot for a while. Houston adds a lot to the league, and if Tulane, SMU or someone else gets us to 16, so be it.

UNLV can pair with Utah, and CU can be paired with Houston for now!

UNLV locks in an entire additional state that has a lot of corporate and other sporting promotional connections. Even if it takes a while to get UNLV up to full speed, I would be happy to have them take the #14 spot for a while. Houston adds a lot to the league, and if Tulane, SMU or someone else gets us to 16, so be it.

UNLV can pair with Utah, and CU can be paired with Houston for now!
Unlv and Houston make too much sense, that's why it won't happen.

I just posted in another thread that I'd love to see CU and AFA play annually. I think it would become a very good draw and could become a staple of getting us a national broadcast. If they joined AAC and Navy became a conference game, it opens up the AFA non-conference schedule.

And, honestly, I'd look at rotating regional games for 1 of the other 2 CU non-conference games. Play a couple against CSU, do the same with UNM, WYO, KU, etc. Give us another games that's easy travel like every P5 program that's not in the mountain region has so many fan opportunities to do.

Final game should be the national game where there's a major program opponent on the schedule like the aTm series.

Only caveat to this is what could happen with a P12-B1G-ACC scheduling alliance.

If that happened and we played 1 game against each of those conferences every year, I'd make that final game a rotation of series within the home region (in-state + border states).

I'd also hope to make a Pac-14 through UH and TCU so we could match up on numbers with ACC & B1G. Ideally, that could lock in Nebraska as an annual game (opener or Thanksgiving).

I don’t get why AFA/CU would be a national TV draw. I also am not a fan of adding a very physical low level game to the OOC that creates an unnecessarily challenging week of prep for an offense they won’t see the rest of the way.
I like Air Force and enjoy watching them. They do get national attention because they are a service academy.

Agree with you though that I don't want to be playing them all the time or even often.

They do play physical.

Worse for us because of the offense they play they are hard to prepare for. They give us a potential for a loss we don't need to take and you spend a whole week or more preparing for an offense that won't help you the rest of the season

It’s P12 Network’s first game. Nothing prime happening when most of the footprint is barely awake
I didn't read the timezones I just assumed 12 being "Big Noon" type time when most of the football watching country will be watching. But you are correct.

Out of curiosity I looked at your schedule next year to see who else you were playing in the non-con and I saw that you only have 6 home games. Is that standard practice for you? I only ask because the Gophers always have 7 home games -- 3 non-con in the years we play 5 B1G away games and 2 non-con in the other years.

Out of curiosity I looked at your schedule next year to see who else you were playing in the non-con and I saw that you only have 6 home games. Is that standard practice for you? I only ask because the Gophers always have 7 home games -- 3 non-con in the years we play 5 B1G away games and 2 non-con in the other years.
Our AD isn’t smart enough to organize the schedule in that kind of advantageous manner.

Joining the "PAC-12 After Dark" conference lineup this season is apparently "Saturday Morning Hangover Featuring CU".

Back