What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

It's so hard to project how 2022 will go, based on how 2021 went, because the offense was so dreadful, which was the perfect storm of suck from OC, OL and QB

Assuming Dorrell brings in new coaches who are at least competent at their jobs and gets the offense back to a semblance of respectability, I definitely think there's a path to 6 wins, but it's going to require going 3-1 in September, IMO.

I see 3-9. MAYBE (big maybe 4-8).

TCU - win
@AFA - loss
@Minn - loss
UCLA - loss
@UA - win
Cal - win
@OSU - loss
ASU - loss
Oregon - loss
@USC - loss
@Wash - loss
Utah - loss

It's so hard to project how 2022 will go, based on how 2021 went, because the offense was so dreadful, which was the perfect storm of suck from OC, OL and QB

Assuming Dorrell brings in new coaches who are at least competent at their jobs and gets the offense back to a semblance of respectability, I definitely think there's a path to 6 wins, but it's going to require going 3-1 in September, IMO.
There is NO WAY we're going 3-1 in September. No way.

Beating Air Force has to be considered the second or third best possibility on the schedule, so if you are trying to find 6 wins, they have to be one of them.

I'm also never going to think UCLA is any kind of no hoper. Constantly overrated, coaching is suspect.

TCU wasn't a good team this year, new coach/system, plus it being in Boulder to start the season.

If they go 2-2 in September, it will likely mean they have to beat Washington on the road in November to get to 6 wins and that's IF they go 3-1 in October. That is why I said in order to get to 6 wins, I think they will have to go 3-1 in September.

TCU and AFA are 2 of my three "maybe" games. TCU has a new coach, it's the first game and those games are always "maybes." Even CU can out-athlete AFA, it just requires discipline and preparation to translate that into a win - I could see a KD led CU team actually doing it. Minny & UCLA are on my "any given Saturday" list. They could **** a brick, we could have one of those random great games (think aTm this year, but with a different outcome).

It's possible.

Terribly unlikely though. 1-3 likely, 2-2 possible. Should be able to beat UA, and maybe get one of Cal or OSU. Beyond that though...

Anyone else plan on going to the AF game?
When it was originally put on the schedule however many years back, I circled it as a game that I was 100% going to fly back for. My family had AFA season tickets growing up - seeing my Buffs play in Falcon stadium would be fantastic.

As the KD show gained steam, I took it off the calendar. No ****ing way am I getting on a plane just to see this debacle.

I now have to be in Colorado two weekends before for a family wedding. If we're still working 100% remote I might go ahead and extend the stay long enough to catch the game.

I don't even know what to expect with this team against Minnesota. It was basically 13-0 going into the 4th quarter and I have to believe a competent offense is able to compete with that team.

I don't even know what to expect with this team against Minnesota. It was basically 13-0 going into the 4th quarter and I have to believe a competent offense is able to compete with that team.
It's a hard environment to play in and they have better athletes and way better coaches than we do. They'll beat us by 2 TDs at least. I plan on being zooted out of my mind there that day. Great tailgating.

Best scenario 8-4 (assuming the OC can manage an offense that can put up points) and if Utah has a coaching change - maybe 9 wins if all the stars align

TCU - win
@AFA - win
@Minn - win
UCLA - loss
@UA - win
Cal - win
@OSU - win
ASU - win
Oregon - loss
@USC - loss
@Wash - win
Utah - loss

Update after the OC hire:
TCU - loss
@AFA - loss
@Minn - loss
UCLA - loss
@UA - loss
Cal - loss
@OSU - loss
ASU - loss
Oregon - loss
@USC - loss
@Wash - loss
Utah - loss

Last edited:
0-4 to finish the schedule, at a minimum
That's an 0-7 finish to the schedule. Especially if the Slovis to Cal rumors are true. Not a single one of those teams loses major production except maybe Cal because I don't know their roster outlook. But I think Slovis seriously changes that team for better. Much better.

RG can't justify keeping KD after a 7 game slide when we will likely only be 2-3 at best going into that slate can he? I see 1-4 more likely but who knows.

Last edited:

IMO going 2-2 in Sept would be a minor miracle and a cause of great joy in Buff Land.

I’m actually kicking aground the idea of heading to Europe the first two weeks in September. Depending on what the Covid situation looks like come April/May, I might pull the trigger. My passion for CU football has taken a huge hit the last several years. The only home game I’d miss is the TCU game.

TCU wasn't a good team this year, new coach/system, plus it being in Boulder to start the season.
I don't know, they were pretty much in every game they played, and posted a win over a top 20 team in bailer. Sonny Dykes will likely have them ready to play after fall camp. CU very well could have their hands full, even at home.

Anyone else plan on going to the AF game?
Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

I’m actually kicking aground the idea of heading to Europe the first two weeks in September. Depending on what the Covid situation looks like come April/May, I might pull the trigger. My passion for CU football has taken a huge hit the last several years. The only home game I’d miss is the TCU game.
You should adjust your dates so you can miss more games.

Back