What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Football Scholarship Roster

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
PositionSeniorsJuniorsSophomoresFreshmen
QBSam Noyer*^JT Shrout*Brendon LewisDrew Carter
TBAlex Fontenot*Jarek Broussard*
Deion Smith*
Joe Davis
Ashaad Clayton
Jayle Stacks
WRMaurice Bell*
Jaylon Jackson*
Daniel Arias
Dimitri Stanley*Chris Carpenter
Montana Lemonious-Craig
Keith Miller
Brenden Rice
Vontae Shenault*
Chase Penry
Ty Robinson
TE/HBJared Poplawski*
Brady Russell*
Luke Stillwell*Caleb Fauria
Louis Passarello
Alec Pell*
Erik Olsen
Austin Smith
OLChance Lytle*
Kary Kutsch^
Colby Pursell*
Frank Fillip*
Josh Jynes*
Kanan Ray*
Casey Roddick*
Austin Johnson*
Gerad Christian-Lichtenhan
Carson Lee
Nikko Pohahau*
Valentin Senn*
Jake Wiley*
Edgar Amaya
Jackson Anderson
NTJanaz JordanJalen Sami*
Austin Williams
Lloyd Murray Jr.*Tyas Martin
DE/DTJeremiah Doss*
Justin Jackson
Terrance Lang*
Na'im RodmanJayden Simon*Allen Baugh
Blayne Toll
Ryan Williams
OLBJamar Montgomery*
Carson Wells*
Guy Thomas*
n/aDevin Grant
Joshka Gustav*
Alvin Williams
Zion Magalei
ILBRobert Barnes
Chase Newman*
Nate Landman^
Quinn Perry*
Jonathan Van Diest*
Jack Lamb*
Ray Robinson*
Marvin Ham II*
Mister Williams
Zephaniah Maea
CBMekhi Blackmon*Nigel Bethel*
Tarik Luckett
Jaylen Striker*
Christian Gonzalez
DJ Oats*
Kaylin Moore
Nikko Reed
Tyrin Taylor
SIsaiah Lewis*
Chris Miller
Mark PerryToren PittmanTrustin Oliver
Trevor Woods
STJosh Watts (P)n/an/aCole Becker
TOTAL (91)3 Repeat / 23 First192719 True

* = has redshirted
^ = second year senior

Last edited:
This is very much a work in progress and I have no clue about what year players are being considered with the weird covid rules. I'll update it as you all slice and dice it though!

Anyone know what position Alec Pell is playing? Is Evan Price on scholarship now?

PositionSeniorsJuniorsSophomoresFreshmen
QBSam Noyer*JT Shrout*Brendon LewisDrew Carter
TBAlex Fontenot*Jarek Broussard*
Deion Smith*
Joe Davis
Ashaad Clayton
Jayle Stacks
WRMaurice Bell*
Jaylon Jackson*
Daniel Arias
Dimitri Stanley*Chris Carpenter
Montana Lemonious-Craig
Keith Miller
Brenden Rice
LaVontae Shenault*
Chase Penry
Ty Robinson
TE/HBJared Poplawski*
Brady Russell*
Luke Stillwell*Caleb Fauria
Louis Passarello
Alec Pell*
Erik Olsen
OLChance Lytle*
Kary Kutsch
Colby Pursell*
Frank Fillip*
Josh Jynes*
Kanan Ray*
Casey Roddick*
Austin Johnson*
Gerad Christian-Lichtenhan
Carson Lee
Nikko Pohahau*
Valentin Senn*
Jake Wiley*
Jake Wray
Edgar Amaya
Jackson Anderson
NTJanaz JordanJalen Sami*
Austin Williams
Lloyd Murray Jr.*Tyas Martin
DE/DTJeremiah Doss*
Justin Jackson
Terrance Lang*
Na'im RodmanAntonio Alfano*
Jayden Simon*
Allen Baugh
Ryan Williams
OLBJamar Montgomery*
Carson Wells*
Guy Thomas*
n/aDevin Grant
Joshka Gustav*
Alvin Williams
Zion Magalei
ILBChase Newman*
Nate Landman
Quinn Perry*
Jonathan Van Diest*
Jack Lamb*
Ray Robinson*
Marvin Ham II*
Mister Williams
Zephaniah Maea
CBMekhi Blackmon*Nigel Bethel*
Tarik Luckett
Jaylen Striker*
Christian Gonzalez
DJ Oats*
Kaylin Moore
Nikko Reed
Tyrin Taylor
SIsaiah Lewis*
Robert Barnes
Chris Miller
Mark PerryToren PittmanTrustin Oliver
Trevor Woods
STJosh Watts (P)n/an/aCole Becker
TOTAL (91)26192917 True

* = has redshirted
Wasian walks around wearing a cape.

Just a question. I thought that last year didn't count against them so shouldn't the guys from last years class (I.E. Clayton, Stacks, etc.) be classified as Freshmen.

And a similar hold in space for everyone else as well.

Just a question. I thought that last year didn't count against them so shouldn't the guys from last years class (I.E. Clayton, Stacks, etc.) be classified as Freshmen.

And a similar hold in space for everyone else as well.
There's a lot of uncertainty there and not just with the Freshman. Ultimately, I decided to just move everyone up like a normal year but in theory they should all have an extra year of eligibility. Whenever we get clarification from the school or NCAA, I'll update the table appropriately.

There's a lot of uncertainty there and not just with the Freshman. Ultimately, I decided to just move everyone up like a normal year but in theory they should all have an extra year of eligibility. Whenever we get clarification from the school or NCAA, I'll update the table appropriately.
That's the way you have to do it. If you kept everyone the same, you'd have 2 freshman classes. Rick needs to get KD an app that utilizes AI to figure out who gets placed where for future recruiting #s. Ultimately, that number needs to be firmed up each year. And come of these guys won't be given the 6th year by CU (or even a 5th). So it will get really interesting.

Looks like everything is up to date in the OP. The only discrepancy I found on CU's website was they have Barnes being listed as ILB instead of S. Wonder if they are just having him learn that position now with Landman's status up in the air and Lamb not in Boulder until the Summer.

Either way, feeling pretty good about depth on defense at the moment. Safety is a little weak, but if Barnes ultimately ends up there, that should be 4 guys who have experience (Barnes, Miller, Lewis, Perry) and then some good potential with Pittman and Oliver.

Looks like everything is up to date in the OP. The only discrepancy I found on CU's website was they have Barnes being listed as ILB instead of S. Wonder if they are just having him learn that position now with Landman's status up in the air and Lamb not in Boulder until the Summer.

Either way, feeling pretty good about depth on defense at the moment. Safety is a little weak, but if Barnes ultimately ends up there, that should be 4 guys who have experience (Barnes, Miller, Lewis, Perry) and then some good potential with Pittman and Oliver.
I believe in the recent article about spring practices HCKD was quoted saying he was getting reps at ILB. Reported weigh in at 6'2 230.

Makes sense. With Landman out and Lamb not in Boulder, your ILB1 and ILB2 for Spring probably would have been Van Diest and Quinn Perry. They really need Ham and Mister Williams to step up.
I think I saw somewhere that Williams is recovering from an injury currently?

The communication from every reporter I have seen is that Barnes was always going to play ILB along with comments from Dorrell and Wilson. It seems they want that downhill guy (Lamb/Landman) and then a guy who can go sideline to sideline and cover TE's (Barnes).

On the surface, it looks like safety could be ok with those three, but we know Miller hasn't stayed healthy to this point. I also felt like Perry didn't have much impact last year, but we know he has talent. I think a lot depends on Oliver and if they think he is ready after spring ball or not. If not, I think they go after a transfer this spring/summer.

Last edited:
Barnes at ILB is the right move. We need more speed at Linebacker. Emphasis should be speed over size during the offseason program for linebackers. Newman left the program? Manea is too big, hopefully it won't affect his speed. Need to lose some weight.

Sounds like Ray Robinson is back at safety after the spring game. At least that is how Coach Dorrell made it sound . . ."I think he has found a home back there" I believe is how he phrased it.

Barnes reportedly playing Money, modeled after several NFL Teams and somewhat similar to Money role under Summers.

CB is going to be an issue very soon if Martin does not pick up recruiting.
Why is this too common a theme with multiple position groups?

I'm getting tired of changing head coaches but continuing to have certain position coaches who can't/won't recruit and us looking at gaps in our talent as a result.

$$$$ and/or hiring coaches that don't put enough emphasis on recruiting.

With Lucket and Oats transferring and the addition of Wray. Now on 91 scholarships. Got to get to 89 scholarships by fall camp. I think there is going to be 3 to 4 more guys transferring.

Surprised about luckett, he showed glimpses before getting hurt last year. Oats is good attrition though.

Why is this too common a theme with multiple position groups?

I'm getting tired of changing head coaches but continuing to have certain position coaches who can't/won't recruit and us looking at gaps in our talent as a result.
Dorrell has no ties to Martin so I'd imagine he will move on quickly if this continues.

Back