What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Pac 12 football Media Day (July 27th)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Assume someone may have mentioned it in another thread, but this media day slipped by me until now, so thought I'd start a separate thread. (Also assume some of these things, like polls and pre-season teams, will also be covered in other threads.)

Buff coach Dorrell, along with players Dimitri Stanley and Nate Landman, are the 2nd to last team to be interviewed, with a scheduled 4:30 PM MT start.

A few links:
Full schedule for the Media Day- https://pac-12.com/article/2021/07/...day-presented-76-kicks-tuesday-july-27-pac-12
(The overall "action" began at 9:00 AM MT. From the release-

"
Pac-12 Networks’ Ashley Adamson, Nigel Burton and Yogi Roth will all be live from Hollywood, Calif. to bring fans the latest insight, breakdowns and a look at players to watch this upcoming season, all day long.

Pac-12 Commissioner George Kliavkoff’s opening remarks will air at 8 a.m. PT / 9 a.m. MT on Pac-12 Network, the Pac-12 Now app and on Pac-12 Insider, the free broadband streaming channel from Pac-12 Networks. Senior Associate Commissioner Merton Hanks and Oregon Athletic Director and Chair of the Pac-12 Athletics Director Committee Rob Mullens join the commissioner at the podium for a Q&A at approximately 8:30 a.m. PT / 9:30 a.m. MT, airing on Pac-12 Network, the Pac-12 Now app and Pac-12 Insider.

Interviews with all 12 head coaches and top student-athletes, including Arizona State’s Jayden Daniels, California's Chase Garbers, Oregon’s Kayvon Thibodeaux, USC’s Kedon Slovis, UCLA’s Dorian Thompson-Robinson and Washington State’s Max Borghi, airs starting at 10 a.m. PT / 11 p.m. MT with the Pac-12 North, followed by the Pac-12 South taking center stage starting at 2:30 p.m. PT / 3:30 p.m. MT on Pac-12 Network and Pac-12 Insider. An hour-long comprehensive show highlighting the Conference of Champions wraps up Pac-12 Football Media Day, presented by 76, at 4 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. MT on Pac-12 Network.
")
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few other related releases:
Pre-season media poll - https://pac-12.com/article/2021/07/...ematch-2021-pac-12-football-championship-game
(Buffs picked to finish 5th in the south.)

Pre-season All-Conference teams - https://pac-12.com/article/2021/07/...ason-2021-pac-12-all-conference-football-team
(Buffs selected are Broussard and Landman to 1st team; Lang and Blackmon to 2nd team. Edit - Wells, Stanley and I. Lewis also named honorable mention.)

Announcement of conference media programming plans - https://pac-12.com/article/2021/07/...1-football-programming-slate-including-return

Last edited:
Got to admit it's hard to be following this one due to the realignment going on.

But Broussard & Landman are preseason All Pac-12!

The only thing I took from it (seeing mentions of it on Twitter) was the WSU coach being not vaccinated, and although they were applauding 75% vaccination rate amongst the team (CU 90+%), it still boggles my mind why one would choose not to at this point in time.

I guess I should say I don’t watch media days but definitely read what comes out. The biggest thing I heard from the local guys is that Washington took a big step forward at the WR position this off-season which was definitely been their weak spot even going back to the playoff season. USC also even more loaded at receiver somehow but as we have said on here, that team/offense needs to get more physical in the run game before it really starts to scare me about their talent outside.

Back