What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 CO QB Jake Rubley (Signed to Kansas State)

Did you even read any of the articles posted? Many other kids with similar situations were allowed to play because it was WITHIN THEIR RULES. The reason he was denied was because he turned 18. I'm sure the rules will be changed, or at least clarity added, due to the black swan event of covid that caused this situation in the first place. For you to suggest they didn't do any research and just figured they would lawyer their way through is ill informed and lazy at best, and disingenuous and slanderous at worst.

I never said it doesn't suck for kids who can't afford to move. It does. But that was never my argument.

Is it Jake Rubley's fault covid happened? Is it Jake Rubley's fault Colorado and CHSAA wouldn't let kids play? Is it Jake Rubley's fault some kids can't afford to move? Is it Jake Rubley's fault he's better than the previous starter he displaced? If they would have let him play, would it be Jake Rubley's fault the rules allowed for it? If his dad was this bad guy you are trying to paint him as (with zero evidence other than in your mind that trying to make his kid happy = oppressive a-hole) is that Jake Rubley's fault? The answer to all of these questions are no. Painting Jake Rubley as the bad guy here is a bitch move.

The loser here is you for trying to make the kid, Jake Rubley, the bad guy. You have no information further than what is on the surface and you want to put him into a box because that's what you do, put people in boxes based on nothing more than your preconceived notions. You've made that evident several times on this site. Great message to teach kids! They must be a certain stereotypical thing because I've determined it so with little to no information, and no amount of information is going to make me change my mind. Pump the brakes and look in the mirror, Mtn.
Your reading comprehension is poor at best.

The bad guy here is dad. He is the one facilitating the rules violation so his son can play despite the rules that are in place for fair play for everyone.

No it isn't the kid's fault that Covid happened, that doesn't mean he gets to stomp his feet and displace somebody else just so he can play because daddy has the money to move the family, specifically for the purpose of playing high school football.

I'm glad he got turned down. Good to get a lesson that when things don't go your way you deal with them, you don't try to buy your way into getting what you want.

Again if playing football was so important then go to someplace like IMG. Don't just try to bully your way in front of kids in Iowa who are following the rules, not important if you like those rules or not.

They ruled it wasn't a legitimate move because his dad continued to operate his business in Denver. They determined it was for purely athletic reasons only. Happens in a bunch of states. A volleyball player in Wichita was ruled ineligible because she decided to live with dad. Mom lived in another district. They determined no one had moved so she had to sit out.

Key is know the rules before you transfer in order to find a better athletic situation for yourself.

We can move this to political forum. Your position on this will Almost certainly mirror your vote on nov 3 Just sayin
I’m honestly curious about the connection you’re making. I have no idea how that mirror works. If he is a Trump supporter, how does that translate to his opinion on high school transfer rules? The same question if he’s a Biden supporter. Or, if he doesn’t give a **** which asshole gets elected, how does that translate?

I’m honestly curious about the connection you’re making. I have no idea how that mirror works. If he is a Trump supporter, how does that translate to his opinion on high school transfer rules? The same question if he’s a Biden supporter. Or, if he doesn’t give a **** which asshole gets elected, how does that translate?
Libertarians and my guess most conservatives couldn’t careless where a kid plays high school football. May the best kid win. A person on the left might be more apt to worry about the job of the kid who got beat out by the migrant football player.

just an observation

Libertarians and my guess most conservatives couldn’t careless where a kid plays high school football. May the best kid win. A person on the left might be more apt to worry about the job of the kid who got beat out by the migrant football player.

just an observation
An observation that would be false.

Back