What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 TNFR OG Noah Fenske (SIGNED to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
Iowa Bio

1581678809048.jpeg

University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) / New Hamption HS (New Hampton, IA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NFenske53
Instagram:

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 295
40:

247s rating: unrated OG
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating:

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers:

Last edited:
As a 2019 prospect:
247sports
ESPN
Rivals

247s rating: 3* - 84 grade; #61 OG
ESPN rating: 3* - 75 grade; #71 OG
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked OG

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8431 rating / #67 OG / #1294 overall

Reported Offers: Iowa, FCS offers

Good depth at Guard/Center for the Buffs. Still need to pick up a tackle. I like Senn, Wiley, Filip and the tank at tackle. But need an insurance policy in case their is injury or the young tackles are not ready to play.

Not a lot of offers out of high school but Iowa has some credibility in picking OL prospects.

At worst he should give us some quality depth that we are short on.

This is a big pickup for us. I think he'll be a swing OL this year. Probably be given a shot at OT but his best position is probably C.

Yeah, this is how I see it too. He is not long enough for LT, but it looks like he can play the other 4 positions on the line and I’m not sure we had much confidence yet in the two deep at RT. With Colby Pursell playing his last year, he could figure in at center going forward as you say. This is a nice pick up for the Buffs.

He is an inch taller than Will Sherman, 5 lbs lighter.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Seems an odd consensus that he isn’t “long enough.”
There’s more to LT than just height. In any case, my comments were meant to be complimentary. He’s a very versatile lineman that I think could start for the Buffs at four positions. I don’t think LT is where you would want him. Could he be a swing OT that comes in with an injury on the left side? Sure. Based on his his own words, Fenske sees himself as an interior lineman.

Last edited:
Man there are TE's now that can run 4.4 or lower. A 4.6 is more than adequate.
I really wonder after all the abuse his body has taken over the years how fast Gronk could run a 40. Yes that same Gronk who Brady convinced to come back out of retirement and win another Super Bowl.

First he would laugh in your face for even suggesting that he run it since it has almost nothing to do with actually playing football, then if he decided to do it for some reason I'd guess he would be closer to a 5.0 than a 4.4.

Not in any way comparing Gronk to anybody on the CU roster but it points out how insignificant this point of conversation is.

With an offensive lineman as Mark Schlereth correctly points out if a lineman is running close to 40 yards on a play something has gone terribly wrong. I don't care how fast he can run 40 yards, I care how fast he can get out of his stance and go find the linebacker or get into his pass set.

I really wonder after all the abuse his body has taken over the years how fast Gronk could run a 40. Yes that same Gronk who Brady convinced to come back out of retirement and win another Super Bowl.

First he would laugh in your face for even suggesting that he run it since it has almost nothing to do with actually playing football, then if he decided to do it for some reason I'd guess he would be closer to a 5.0 than a 4.4.

Not in any way comparing Gronk to anybody on the CU roster but it points out how insignificant this point of conversation is.

With an offensive lineman as Mark Schlereth correctly points out if a lineman is running close to 40 yards on a play something has gone terribly wrong. I don't care how fast he can run 40 yards, I care how fast he can get out of his stance and go find the linebacker or get into his pass set.

If a lineman is running 40 yards on a play it could mean something went terribly right.

If a lineman is running 40 yards on a play it could mean something went terribly right.
In that case though he isn't sprinting, he's jogging down there to line up again or to celebrate the TD. No ballcarrier is waiting for a lineman to make a block 40 yards downfield.

The lineman was down there but didn't make a block. And it was such a rare situation that it ended up on YouTube.

You can come up with clips of offensive linemen catching TD passes on a tackle eligible or as an extra tight end but you won't find many teams worrying about how will a lineman catches the football when they are deciding if they want to draft him.

Point still stands. 40 time for an offensive lineman is of very little importance

Stink wasn't going to be running 40 yards up the field anyway. He was a trench guy.
Stink rarely ran 10 yards in his time with the Broncos. His legs were a mess with multiple knee surgeries and ankles to boot.

He laughs about the fact that he couldn't pull, he could go vertical firing out on runs or dropping back into a pass blocking but he couldn't go horizontal. When the Bronco's wanted to pull they would sub him out but he laughs at the number of teams that never figured that out.

He said that if there was a play with a fumble or an INT unless the play came to him he would find something to trip over and go down because he wasn't going to chase it (and wouldn't catch it anyways.)

Back