What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 TX QB Hamp Fay (Signed to Michigan State)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

1575648146389.jpeg

All Saints Episcopal HS (Fort Worth, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HampFay12
Instagram:

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 215
40:

247s rating: 3* - 84 grade; #38 QB-P
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked QB-P

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8366 rating / #36 QB-P / #993 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Boston College, Houston, Illinois, Indiana, Liberty, Louisiana, Michigan State, Pittsburgh, Tulane

Last edited:
Rare to see a dual-threat QB with that kind of size in high school. Got to like the ceiling here.

I was just thinking with Lewis on board, it might not be terrible to take a project like Fay with a high ceiling and get a more sure thing QB with a higher floor in 22.
It’s all about the ceiling always. I’d never recruit a guy to be a backup or a JAG on the depth chart. I always want to see NFL physical attributes — from there, how polished they already are determines where they’d be on my board. For example, I’d never take a 6’0” OL even if he was all Trinity League and I knew he could be a mediocre fill-in early. I’d much rather have a 6’6” guy who will look lost his first month of practice but could become great.

This kid has a very compact delivery. Ball goes from chest to ear and out, rather than a 270-degree sweep and out. That's a bad habit to break and he doesn't have it.
Yep. Interesting in that Ty Thompson has almost the opposite mechanics.

Elbows can be fixed. Shoulders are more complex and difficult to fix.
Pretty broad brush there BJ. Depending on the nature of the injury, yes.
Drew Brees is one of many NFL QBs who have had successful surgery. Many never regained past form as well.

Pretty broad brush there BJ. Depending on the nature of the injury, yes.
Drew Brees is one of many NFL QBs who have had successful surgery. Many never regained past form as well.

That is from years and years of accumulated baseball information.

That is from years and years of accumulated baseball information.
Yeah - me too! I think we are probably saying the same thing. In fact, if you would have state it this way, I wouldn't have commented:
Elbows can be fixed. Shoulders are more complex and (often times) difficult to fix.

My point simply meaning, they aren't always unfixable and not reason enough to ignore the kid. A good doc can check out the shoulder pretty thoroughly these days and make a good assessment.

My point simply meaning, they aren't always unfixable and not reason enough to ignore the kid. A good doc can check out the shoulder pretty thoroughly these days and make a good assessment.

No clue how you got here. You took a simple statement and conflated it to “unfixable” and “ignore the kid”.

I agree on the good doc and thorough assessment ideas.

Mel tends to get his QB recruit. Props to him. Will be interesting to see how this guy's career goes.

Pretty much. There is only a few games to go off of so MSU is taking a big risk
I just saw some people upset about this, but I'm pretty sure most CU fans weren't very thrilled with the idea of taking him when Tucker was here. Would much rather go the athlete first direction with a grad transfer/JUCO

I just saw some people upset about this, but I'm pretty sure most CU fans weren't very thrilled with the idea of taking him when Tucker was here. Would much rather go the athlete first direction with a grad transfer/JUCO
Yeah, I am not sure why anyone would specifically be pissed about losing this recruit when there isn't much tape to go off of. MSU is trusting their evaluation based off of minimal facts (his minimal tape and measurable's are really good though). I think most people are seeing CU miss out on all of their top targets, but I am not sure any of us really know who that is based off of the staff transition and shut down of everything.

Out of any position, QB recruiting really screwed CU with the late transition and then you compound that with what is going on. Extremely difficult when that is a position that builds up trust over a period of time and typically fills up in the spring/early summer months. Almost the worst case scenario for CU and QB recruiting.

Last edited:
It’s a natural Buff fan reaction - were not really excited about him, we hope the staff can find someone better, but then when he commits elsewhere it could only be because even the meh recruits don’t want to come here and we’ll end up with someone worse.

Back