What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 AL WDE Justice Finkley (Signed to Texas)

I now have to know if CU’s “The Pride and Tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak” is a CU original or if CU copied Texas??

Edit: You may have to click the tweet to see the full thing

I now have to know if CU’s “The Pride and Tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak” is a CU original or if CU copied Texas??

Mac brought it from Michigan. Anything after that is a copy of one of those

Not sure who had it first, but it’s definitely all over UT.
0ADE62AB-8B54-48B1-920B-130E6EAAC692.jpeg36590A0C-4ED9-4839-BBB8-D390F7A90F52.jpeg
1627879594046.jpeg

I think more than a few schools use that slogan but I could be wrong.

Not sure who had it first, but it’s definitely all over UT.
View attachment 45795View attachment 45796
View attachment 45797
McCartney brought it to Colorado from Michigan were Bo used it.

Speculating here but good chance that it went from Colorado to Texas with Jeff Madden who was McCartney's S&C coach and had a stretch at North Carolina before UT. He was at Texas until at least 2012.

Madden used it prominently in his time at CU and it would make sense that he emphasized it with the Longhorns.

McCartney brought it to Colorado from Michigan were Bo used it.

Speculating here but good chance that it went from Colorado to Texas with Jeff Madden who was McCartney's S&C coach and had a stretch at North Carolina before UT. He was at Texas until at least 2012.

Madden used it prominently in his time at CU and it would make sense that he emphasized it with the Longhorns.
That makes sense. I was wondering about this on Sunday (saw the phrase on Kerry's offer). From 2001 article:

Facility design, training and nutrition are key ingredients in Madden's recipe for success, but what sets him apart from other coaches is his ability to motivate. Madden says he teaches his athletes to "understand that you've got to work hard to be the best you can be." To get his message across, he had the following statement printed in huge letters in the weightroom: "The pride in the winning tradition of the Texas Longhorns will not be entrusted to the weak nor the timid."

http://office.biggerfasterstronger.com/p_magPrint_NoMember.asp?id=102

Alabama and Auburn have to be the most likely teams to move to the SEC East right?

In case he was thinking going to TX might guarantee him a game in his home state before his tenure at TX was done.....

Mom said it Books and Football - Buffs lock!
Not Feeling It Season 3 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

This take from what I assume is a UT writer makes it feel like CU isn't seriously being considered (not mentioned at all), but Andy Wang and Chandler Dorrell liked it.

This take from what I assume is a UT writer makes it feel like CU isn't seriously being considered (not mentioned at all), but Andy Wang and Chandler Dorrell liked it.

I was talking to my boss who graduated in 79 from Alabama, and is die hard fan. He said the only thing Alabama has that is any good academically is a law school. I replied, you know how loved lawyers are. He laughed.

Last edited:
saw that Texas got a commit yesterday from a 4* DL – hoping that helps us here
Gotta tell you with players these days this doesn't even factor in 9 times out of 10. Every one of these dudes thinks "I'm as good or better than that guy. Just need to get on campus and show it."

Gotta tell you with players these days this doesn't even factor in 9 times out of 10. Every one of these dudes thinks "I'm as good or better than that guy. Just need to get on campus and show it."
I think the idea he was getting at was that Texas could be filling up at a position and may have to tell Finkley they have no more room. That would never happen at Colorado, but might at the top recruiting programs. I'm not saying that's the case, just that was likely his point, not that Finkley would be deterred by competition.

I think the idea he was getting at was that Texas could be filling up at a position and may have to tell Finkley they have no more room. That would never happen at Colorado, but might at the top recruiting programs. I'm not saying that's the case, just that was likely his point, not that Finkley would be deterred by competition.
It could also be that UT took the commitment because they have a good idea that Finkley isn't committing to them.

All of this is speculation, which is all we have at this point. I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Back