What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 CA OLB Sterling Lane (Signed to Arizona)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

1581678809048.jpeg

Oaks Christian HS (Westlake Village, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DeuceLane11
Instagram:

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 215
40:

247s rating: 4* - 90 grade; #26 OLB
ESPN rating: 4* - 80 grade; #35 OLB
Rivals rating: 4* - 5.8rr; #18 WDE

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.8958 rating / #25 OLB / #322 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, LSU, Michigan, Missouri, Oregon, SDSU, Tennessee, Utah, Washington State

Last edited:

(Now up to 4 247 crystal ball predictions, 2 in the last 2 days, with all predicting Arizona.)

They just do the recruiting thing better right now. Simples.
Yes. I’m not implying that they cheat. But they are definitely doing something that we aren’t. And it pisses me off. No way should Arizona out recruit Colorado. And I know I’m viewing it through B&G colored glasses. But my wife went to UA and her family lives in Tucson and I’ve been there a lot and I live down the road from Boulder and…..well, no way should UA out recruit Colorado.

Yes. I’m not implying that they cheat. But they are definitely doing something that we aren’t. And it pisses me off. No way should Arizona out recruit Colorado. And I know I’m viewing it through B&G colored glasses. But my wife went to UA and her family lives in Tucson and I’ve been there a lot and I live down the road from Boulder and…..well, no way should UA out recruit Colorado.
Agreed. That said there are severe difficiencies in our recruiting abilities right now. This comes straight from area coaches and recruits.

Tucson is actually dope with a lot of edge, especially for a college kid, and getting cooler with a lot of new restaurants and bars downtown. Boulder is on the decline from a fun/diversity perspective. Not the best combination of a yuppy town with no diversity (but great scenery) and a subpar recruiting staff.

Agreed. That said there are severe difficiencies in our recruiting efforts right now. This comes straight from area coaches and recruits.

fify

Recruiting is selling and a very high percentage of success in selling is effort. Good salespeople virtually always are the ones who make closing the sale a priority, who make finding out what the customer wants and satisfying that want their mission.

I've said this before but while I like KD a lot, I think he is an good and intelligent man, I don't ever get the impression that recruiting is the kind of priority for him that it is for the coaches who are beating him for recruits.

fify

Recruiting is selling and a very high percentage of success in selling is effort. Good salespeople virtually always are the ones who make closing the sale a priority, who make finding out what the customer wants and satisfying that want their mission.

I've said this before but while I like KD a lot, I think he is an good and intelligent man, I don't ever get the impression that recruiting is the kind of priority for him that it is for the coaches who are beating him for recruits.
I'll take that fix. But, when you hear from parents and coaches who were told CU didn't even have a "book" on their kid and yet 10 schools 1000 miles away did, you have to wonder about ability to do the job.

Tucson is actually dope with a lot of edge, especially for a college kid, and getting cooler with a lot of new restaurants and bars downtown. Boulder is on the decline from a fun/diversity perspective. Not the best combination of a yuppy town with no diversity (but great scenery) and a subpar recruiting staff.
Tucson = Meh

I'll take that fix. But, when you hear from parents and coaches who were told CU didn't even have a "book" on their kid and yet 10 schools 1000 miles away did, you have to wonder about ability to do the job.
What you are describing is a matter of effort and desire.

Part of this is on the staff but ultimately the coaches make those calls and visits that are foundational to recruiting. That staff is also a matter of the head coach.

If it was important enough for HCKD he would have staff doing this stuff.

Back