What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 CA QB Justyn Martin (Signed to UCLA)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

1581678809048.jpeg

Inglewood HS (Inglewood, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/justyn_martin8
Instagram:

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 185
40:

247s rating: unrated QB-P
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated QB-P

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, FAU, Kansas, Michigan State, San Jose State, USC

Pretty rare to see QB decommits. Pac 12 season of hell (outside of oregon) continuing.

Since Chip’s future at UCLA is now rumored to be uncertain, does this mean that this kid’s commitment could be uncertain, as well?

Such a clown it made national news.🤡

Say you are beating a team like that and you're the coach, wtf are you not just handing it off and young guys get time? Maybe they did, I didn't read it. That's not good if whoever didn't.

Say you are beating a team like that and you're the coach, wtf are you not just handing it off and young guys get time? Maybe they did, I didn't read it. That's not good if whoever didn't.
No, they kept passing the ball, kept the starting QB in the game, and went for 2 on the final TD.

Games like this aren't good for either team or for HS football. The opponent didn't even have a coach hired until right before the season.

I hope that they end up playing one of the California powerhouses and seeing how they handled this game the opposing coach just rolls them. Actually I don't. I'd rather just see them lose and then the school district fire the coach.

My uncle officiated high school football in Wichita, Kansas (several Barry Sanders games). He said when a coach started running up the score he would just call holding and then tell the coach the flag was going to come out on every play unless they ran the ball.

My uncle officiated high school football in Wichita, Kansas (several Barry Sanders games). He said when a coach started running up the score he would just call holding and then tell the coach the flag was going to come out on every play unless they ran the ball.
I could support this at the HS level. Winning is important but nobody is helped by humiliating an opponent.

I could support this at the HS level. Winning is important but nobody is helped by humiliating an opponent.
Depends on what constitutes running up the score.

Such a clown it made national news.🤡

Would be hard to do in High School in Colorado. You have a continuous clock when you have one team gets up by 40. The only way to stop the clock is to take a time out. My son's freshman team went 14-0 between A and B games this year and had a running clock at the start of the second half in all but two games. They never broke mid 50's in a single game (think 52 was the highest) but they were running the ball only in the second half.

Depends on what constitutes running up the score.
That's a hard term to define but there are certainly times when it is obvious.

Sometimes a game is such a mismatch that a certain amount can't be helped. If a coach is going to the end of his bench and running conservative plays but the difference is still large enough to keep spreading the score I can understand that, you still let kids play.

On the other side if that coach is not only staying with his top line players but aggressively seeking fast scores as apparently happened in the game in question then that is out of line.

Back