What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 CO OT Travis Gray (SIGNED to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

11695027_9e8b0f9ae6f34de192e59bbf1e511dff.jpg

Cherokee Trail HS (Aurora, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TravisRGray
Instagram:

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 300
40:

247s rating: 3* - 85 grade; #112 OT
ESPN rating: 3* - 75 grade; #116 OL
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked OT

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8416 rating / #96 OT / #955 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Eastern Michigan, Kansas, Maryland, SDSU

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Still no offer reported but he has picked up a few other P5 offers. Also picked up a crystal ball on 247 to Arizona.

How is it a bad look?
From my distant view this kid looks like he should be a quick take for us as a kid with legit size, multiple other P5 offers, and a real interest in CU.

What we don't know is why the coaching staff is holding off on him.

As to the six-zero connection I'm getting to the point where that is a reason to hesitate.

In recent years we have had what seems like a bunch of kids who went to six-zero and built themselves up into what looked like P5 prospects only to get to CU and not contribute in a meaningful way.

I think that McChesney does a great job of getting these kids to max out their potentials but if they are maxed out at 18 or 19 and don't develop significantly after they get to college they don't do us a lot of good.

McChesney has had some players who have developed into quality college players but for the most part those guys are going elsewhere.

McChesney is a Buff to his core and does a very good job at what he does but in the big picture considering the results we have had I'm not overly worried about offending Matt at this point. He is going to sell every kid who he works with but CU can't afford to allocate scholarships to guys just to keep him happy.

From my distant view this kid looks like he should be a quick take for us as a kid with legit size, multiple other P5 offers, and a real interest in CU.

What we don't know is why the coaching staff is holding off on him.

As to the six-zero connection I'm getting to the point where that is a reason to hesitate.

In recent years we have had what seems like a bunch of kids who went to six-zero and built themselves up into what looked like P5 prospects only to get to CU and not contribute in a meaningful way.

I think that McChesney does a great job of getting these kids to max out their potentials but if they are maxed out at 18 or 19 and don't develop significantly after they get to college they don't do us a lot of good.

McChesney has had some players who have developed into quality college players but for the most part those guys are going elsewhere.

McChesney is a Buff to his core and does a very good job at what he does but in the big picture considering the results we have had I'm not overly worried about offending Matt at this point. He is going to sell every kid who he works with but CU can't afford to allocate scholarships to guys just to keep him happy.

agree that there have been a number of recruits who haven't contributed that worked with six-zero...but what appears to be different here is the legit size and other legit P5 offers (I know they are down right now but you do not let a division rival take a legacy OL from your backyard)...this isn't a Heston Paige situation where we'd be taking a massive flyer on him to fill the class

if we had legit shots at a number of 4-star OT's I wouldn't be so peeved about this

I just do not see the issue here. The coaches clearly have made other in-state OT prospects bigger priorities.

Basically, I do not see how Gray moves the needle either way.

I just do not see the issue here. The coaches clearly have made other in-state OT prospects bigger priorities.

you might be right, but we won't know until this OL class is filled out – those of us who are confused are still dealing with MikeMac OL recruiting ptsd

They better hit on their other in state priorities then, right? I mean, surely you can see why an in-state, legacy recruit who fits the desired physical profile and has some decent P5 offer validation would typically be offered.

Feels a lot like "trust the coaching staff", which is strange coming from you.

Edit: I retract the "decent P5 offer validation" comment. Thought he had more than CU, Maryland and Arizona.

you might be right, but we won't know until this OL class is filled out – those of us who are confused are still dealing with MikeMac OL recruiting ptsd

Those concerns are justified, but Gray does not solve any of the OL recruiting issues.

They better hit on their other in state priorities then, right? I mean, surely you can see why an in-state, legacy recruit who fits the desired physical profile and has some decent P5 offer validation would typically be offered.

Feels a lot like "trust the coaching staff", which is strange coming from you.

Edit: I retract the "decent P5 offer validation" comment. Thought he had more than CU, Maryland and Arizona.

My whole point is the OL recruiting concerns are completely justified. I just do not see how if Gray was offered today and committed on the spot, how he significantly changes the outlook in a positive direction.

My whole point is the OL recruiting concerns are completely justified. I just do not see how if Gray was offered today and committed on the spot, how he significantly changes the outlook in a positive direction.
Another Colorado OLineman Project. Oh boy! Yippee! Somebody needs to tell these kids that filling your highlights with 7 minutes of double team down blocks against 185# DLinemen really doesn't really get the juices flowing for most coaches.

Another Colorado OLineman Project. Oh boy! Yippee! Somebody needs to tell these kids that filling your highlights with 7 minutes of double team down blocks against 185# DLinemen really doesn't really get the juices flowing for most coaches.
How is it the kids fault if that's the level of opponent and the scheme every week? Would you prefer 7 minutes of the kid standing on the sidelines?

Back