What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 CO RB Gavin Sawchuk (Signed to Oklahoma)

He wouldn't be hoping for the 2020 olympics anyways, guys. Im just guessing it would be incredibly rare if not completely unheard of for a 16 year old to make the Olympic team as a sprinter.
For some reason I was thinking he was a Senior this year. So he'd be eligible for the 2024 Summer Olympics. That would be tough to do with CFB. However, playing CFB and then training for the 2028 Olympics would be feasible.

Marquise Goodwin made it with playing for Texas and has been in the league a while now.

A 60 time of 6.77 extrapolates to approximately 10.39 in the 100 meters. That is FAST and certainly puts him on a long term plan to compete with the elites in track and field. However, there will be between 5-8 high school athletes who will run under 6.77 almost every year. Given this fact and the fact that Track doesn't have the earning potential, it would be silly of the young man to focus solely on track or even to contemplate making a choice to go one way or the other at this age.

Going to have to find my way down to watch a game of his next year and I am sure I will see him on the track later this spring.
This is an informed post. Spot on in my opinion.

Also, a sub 10.4 100 for a 16 year old kid is insane. We don’t see that kind of track speed in Colorado High Schools all that often.

Last edited:
247 lists Michigan, Oklahoma and Stanford as Warm with all 3 CBs going to OU right now. I highly doubt we are in the running at this point.
I don't think we'll EVER be in the running. He is going to run track, so you can probably bank on him ending up at a school where he can train outside in the winter and early spring.

Where has he been training the last two years, then?
Mods: This conversation should probably be trimmed from the recruit thread.

It was probably a poor choice of words on my part. Of course he can train, but training in Colorado is absolutely a detriment for his events. He is a world class sprinter, and will want a world class training environment. That means, he will want/need to train on a full sized 400 meter track, which will allow him to maintain a consistent training schedule year round. There is nothing in/near Boulder which affords him that opportunity.

The kid spends an incredible amount of time traveling, both domestically and internationally to compete/train during the winter/spring months. He simply won't be afforded the same opportunity in Boulder.

Look, I'd love him to play and run at CU. But there is less than a 1% chance that he makes that decision. If we're being honest with ourselves, there are sprint coaches and facilities which are much better suited to a runner of his caliber, and will better prepare him to achieve his goals on the track.

Last edited:
Back