What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 FL S Darius Thomas (Signed to Western Kentucky)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

12848036_21c4c279c2d74849b6e0fa2f7ee78713.jpg

Miramar HS (Hollywood, FL)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/dariusthomas_
Instagram:

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 190
40:

247s rating: 3* - 85 grade; #77 S
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #50 S

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8638 rating / #62 S / #773 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, FAU, FIU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Toledo, Western Kentucky, FCS offers

I get they are really building this thing for 2023 and beyond, but I just don't understand why they are still trying to take HS kids.

I don't hate it. I know they need to shore up the roster now, but this kid looks good. If he commits, we'll make it work... if not, then that's a kid we reached out to, and maybe he goes JUCO or transfers down the line and we've already established a dialogue.

I get they are really building this thing for 2023 and beyond, but I just don't understand why they are still trying to take HS kids.
They need to make sure there's room for 6-7 total transfers (max out please). Perhaps they are willing to go to 87-88 and have a few grayshirts earmarked if needed?
I last saw the number was about 82-83 so I would concur that we don't really have room for but 1-2 high school kids.

Not often you see a kid with aTm and UGA offers, taking his first visit in January, to WKU. Perhaps he is a last minute qualifier, and just got the ok to take visits and others are pretty full?

They need to make sure there's room for 6-7 total transfers (max out please). Perhaps they are willing to go to 87-88 and have a few grayshirts earmarked if needed?
I last saw the number was about 82-83 so I would concur that we don't really have room for but 1-2 high school kids.
Yeah, it's just beginning to feel like they aren't doing much to seriously try to win in 2022, but rather let the roster turn over and play/develop the young guys and have a more experienced squad in 2023

Hold on a sec. Dude has offers from A&M and UGA and CU and is going to Western Kentucky?

color me skeptical.

Back