What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 GA QB AJ Swann (Signed to Vanderbilt)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

9770775_7b6a4e822e2c46a38f450362f68d6bec.jpg

Cherokee HS (Canton, GA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ajswann10
Instagram:

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 190
40:

247s rating: 3* - 88 grade; #10 QB-D
ESPN rating: 3*; unranked QB-P
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #17 QB-P

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8789 rating / #12 QB-D / #416 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arkansas State, East Carolina, Eastern Kentucky, FIU, Kent State, Maryland, UMass, Troy, Tulane, USF, Virginia Tech, FCS offers

Last edited:
New article up at 247 discussing his commitment plans and has talk about the Buffs ($): https://247sports.com/college/color...ing-Maryland-Virginia-Tech-Colorado-160833787

Article up at Rivals talks about it too (free): https://n.rivals.com/news/georgia-qb-aj-swann-sets-commitment-date
"It is going to be Colorado, South Florida, Virginia Tech, Maryland or Tulane when I commit March 1," said Swann. "Those schools have been recruiting me hard, I am in communication with each school multiple times a week, and each has good football and academics."

New article up at 247 discussing his commitment plans and has talk about the Buffs ($): https://247sports.com/college/color...ing-Maryland-Virginia-Tech-Colorado-160833787

Article up at Rivals talks about it too (free): https://n.rivals.com/news/georgia-qb-aj-swann-sets-commitment-date
This just baffles me. What style does KD, Chev and Langsdorf want? Do they want a pure pocket passer, or do they want a DT guy? I prefer DT, so a top 15 DT QB prospect sounds real nice, but I just don't have any clue what the staff wants in their QB.

DT QBs used to mean a guy who could run the ball as a giant threat in a zone-read option offense, that relied on the QB run as really the primary threat, and then pass of that. Defenses adjusted and I think CFB is back to having QBs who can run it if the other team doesn't respect it, but that's not the primary job of the QB.

This guy is far from a statue, and the services were split on how to classify him. Sounds good to me.

Langsdorf recruiting.

Geez. He reads really well on the run. Doesn’t look like he gets to set up in the pocket much, as he deals with a ton of pressure. There are glimpses of Mahomes improvisation and throwing at odd times from different platforms. For the few routes that open on time, he seems to hit small windows pretty quick.
I really like this offer.

This just baffles me. What style does KD, Chev and Langsdorf want? Do they want a pure pocket passer, or do they want a DT guy? I prefer DT, so a top 15 DT QB prospect sounds real nice, but I just don't have any clue what the staff wants in their QB.
I think the reality is offenses are changing and they really aren’t designed for the Tom Brady/Peyton Manning “pocket passer” anymore. Pocket passer moving forward is going to look more like Noyer/Montez or if you want a pro analogy more like Josh Allen. None of those guys are true dual threat but can hurt you with their legs.
I remember an interview (I’ll try to figure out where) that Langsdorf said accuracy and decision making are important, the need to at least be able to hurt you with their legs if you ignore them but true dual threat is just a bonus.

He throws a bunch of floaters off of his back foot which is probably why he isn't getting more high-level offers. But damn...he is accurate on those throws, and is really good on the move. Doesn't seem to get frazzled under pressure. I really like this offer. Get some weight on that kid and he'll be a very good college QB.

He throws a bunch of floaters off of his back foot which is probably why he isn't getting more high-level offers. But damn...he is accurate on those throws, and is really good on the move. Doesn't seem to get frazzled under pressure. I really like this offer. Get some weight on that kid and he'll be a very good college QB.
And you have to wonder how much real QB coaching he has had.

He is still young enough that technique flaws can be fixed.

He's a slinger. I like his film.

If you can teach him to step into his throws he could be pretty good.

Canton Georgia is in the foothills, and has grown a lot as a very distant suburb of Atlanta. Boulder might be a place he would feel comfortable, but with a March 1 targeted commitment date, it seems like CU is playing catch up versus other places that he’s visited.

Maryland seems like the leader to me.

Back