What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 TNFR RB Ky Thomas (Signed to Kansas)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
Minnesota Bio

11325529_91b4a48d2cf84963a04c52080ff2dd28.jpg

University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) / Topeka HS (Topeka, KS)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ky_Thomas
Instagram:

Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 205
40:

247s rating: unrated RB
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating:

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Kansas, Purdue

From what I’ve seen, we don’t seem to be in the running here. Only talk of visiting Kansas and Purdue and allegations of tampering for K State. Hopefully that changes.

Not sure we have room for a RB at this point. Nor do I think it would have a lot to do with us getting better as a team. I reasonably can expect incoming freshman to compete right away and Smith (our #3) isn't shabby. At the end of the day, the marginal improvement to be made at RB is greatly offset by getting MORE Offensive Linemen into here asap that are ready. Frosh RBs are ready. OL are not. Throw in a DL, an OLB, 2 DBs..... We don't need to throw a scholarship at this kid.

Except he’s likely better than anyone on our roster besides Jarek. Don’t count numbers on the roster to decide who we should / shouldn’t take, just ask yourself if he’s better than others at his position group and if the answer is yes you take him, and politely tell Davis and Stacks to hit the portal.

Not sure we have room for a RB at this point. Nor do I think it would have a lot to do with us getting better as a team. I reasonably can expect incoming freshman to compete right away and Smith (our #3) isn't shabby. At the end of the day, the marginal improvement to be made at RB is greatly offset by getting MORE Offensive Linemen into here asap that are ready. Frosh RBs are ready. OL are not. Throw in a DL, an OLB, 2 DBs..... We don't need to throw a scholarship at this kid.
I figured going after him was a class balance move since Clayton hit the transfer portal. They kept calling him a RS FR in the highlights.

I don't have a read on overall class balance for the RBs, so I can't confirm that thought.

Except he’s likely better than anyone on our roster besides Jarek. Don’t count numbers on the roster to decide who we should / shouldn’t take, just ask yourself if he’s better than others at his position group and if the answer is yes you take him, and politely tell Davis and Stacks to hit the portal.
THIS. He's a different runner than Jarek, but might be as good in his own way. Better than everyone else by a ways.

I figured going after him was a class balance move since Clayton hit the transfer portal. They kept calling him a RS FR in the highlights.

I don't have a read on overall class balance for the RBs, so I can't confirm that thought.
Since True frosh can play at RB, there is no concern for class balance.
Smith showed up last year and with another 10LBs, he’s going to see PT next year.

Last edited:
Back