What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 TNFR RB Ramon Jefferson

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
Sam Houston Bio

12848036_21c4c279c2d74849b6e0fa2f7ee78713.jpg

Sam Houston State (Huntsville, TX) / Garden City CC (Wichita, KS) / University of Maine (Orono, ME) / Harry S Truman HS (Bronx, NY)

Eligibility: Grad transfer - 1 year to play 1

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jefferson1Ramon
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/therealramon_

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 215
40:

247s rating: unrated RB
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating:

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: Middle Tenn St, FCS offers

He fits what the RB Room needed, and he will be highly motivated
Welcome to the Buffs young man
I love that he can handle initial contact at the LB level and still stay upright and moving forward with force. That will be a super-important part of his work next year.

We won't know until we know, but on paper, this is not an upgrade. One could argue that Jefferson could replace Clayton and Davis, but not Brou. Not an upgrade.

I don't see Broussard as this irreplaceable player like some of you apparently do and can easily see Jefferson being just as good as Brou was last year, so yeah, I don't really see much of a drop off at the RB position, especially with the addition of Venn
The RB corp has not been downgraded and at this point with this program I'll take that as a win.

Replacing Broussard, Fontenot and Clayton with Jefferson, Fontenot, Smith and Venn still seems like a downgrade to me. I’m open to the possibility that a decent OL coach can help get some better production out of the guys we have so that the actual statistics are better. It’s really hard to judge any RB in last years offense. Barry Sanders would have had a hard time getting yards behind that line.

IF this guy is an upgrade from Brou, thatt would be amazing. If he's just as good, that would be very surprising. Selling that loss as anything but a big time loss is just koolaid snorting.

Replacing Broussard, Fontenot and Clayton with Jefferson, Fontenot, Smith and Venn still seems like a downgrade to me. I’m open to the possibility that a decent OL coach can help get some better production out of the guys we have so that the actual statistics are better. It’s really hard to judge any RB in last years offense. Barry Sanders would have had a hard time getting yards behind that line.
based on college tape, Jefferson looks WAY solid. His balance and power is something that we haven't had in a while. Brous is tough to replace, especially 2020 Brous, but was already getting replaced last year (for some reason.) Clayton had all the stars, swag, and abs but his tape was rather unspectacular.

and Davis stepping down is a net positive.

Best case scenario, the additions of Jefferson and Venn add elements to the RB room that were missing last year.

I don't see Broussard as this irreplaceable player like some of you apparently do and can easily see Jefferson being just as good as Brou was last year, so yeah, I don't really see much of a drop off at the RB position, especially with the addition of Venn
Yeah, Fontenot and Smith and Jefferson provide what we need.

We needed this badly. If I can get past the upsetness I have about how we shouldn't have needed this, I'm ecstatic. I think Jefferson has a huge impact on this team. Along the lines of how much it meant to bring in Travon McMillian after Philip left for the pros & we knew there was a major hole.

Back